Author Topic: New "natural aleph deposit" system.  (Read 17600 times)

ScimitarSlice

• View Profile
Re: New "natural aleph deposit" system.
Reply #15 on: August 02, 2019, 11:14:37 PM
in fact, before you had to choose between killing with guns or fists)

yes and gauging risk/reward of whether go for the melee or just killing them with the gun was a big part of the strategy and fun

ScimitarSlice

• View Profile
Reply #16 on: August 02, 2019, 11:16:36 PM
some are not reachable by far shot.

What do you mean.  Harec can reach anywhere instantly; that's the whole point of the character.  The challenge of Harec is hitting a moving target inside the charging damage multiplier window and with bolt-action long reload times.  But the aleph is just a sitting duck.  Stationary easy target.  Bigger than a head, too.  Even loaht's big mutant head ;)

i'm not speaking in terms of distance, but position.
take the second mission of umbra wardogs.
(don't know the english name, must be something like "without reserve.")
some deposits are on the path below.
so of course, harec or any other character can shot it. but it will have to be close to it, not at a safe distance. because the position is unreachable by a far away shot.

I think I understand exactly what your  are talking about.  That makes sense.  I still think stalking harec shooting alephs might get troublesome though.

Whitebleidd

• View Profile
Reply #17 on: August 03, 2019, 12:29:39 AM
So got around to testing this new system and with the added perspective of doing so as a lower lvl player (since I used my console smurf account because I had uninstalled the game from steam).

Not a whole lot to add, it ended up being as bad, boring as it sounded, with added issues I had not imagined, such as aleph scarcity. It brings only tedium, especially if you are a 5th council (other than Ginebra), killing elites lost its rewarding feeling as expected and quite simply looking around the environment for aleph deposits =/= fun, man it was depressing doing “Hanging by a Thread”, seeing all those elites that spawn at the beginning of the last phase and knowing they mean nothing.

Since the aleph deposits are most certainly not OP the only kind of band-aid temporary fix I can imagine is reducing the aleph they spawn to only 1 (regardless of mmr) while giving back aleph to elites, and have them simply be an alternative way of gaining aleph, the kind of thing you just bump into but not necessarily waste time hunting for.

But in general the whole state of the game is currently depressing, sadly the bad in recent updates vastly outweighs the good, like I was telling a veteran raider I frequently group up with the other day (one that has been in the game even longer than I), at least we got to experience the game in its kind of “golden age” when it was buy to play, post Hades, because what we have now is just a shell of what once was…

ScimitarSlice

• View Profile
Reply #18 on: August 03, 2019, 01:24:35 PM
in Overwatch they just did a drastic overhaul of Bridgette.  Thousands of people complained about her, even hiigh level Brig players said she was making the game dumb.  So blizzard did something. 

In SP thousands of people of have complained about the randomness of MMR, forced PvP, ping, host migration, balance, grind, and a bunch of other things.  Not one person ever complained they don't want to get aleph elites, they want to pick it up from some random place.

Blizzard didn't magically start out as a billions dollar company.  They achieved that through good decisions.   

SergeyKosinskiy

• View Profile
Reply #19 on: August 03, 2019, 01:55:00 PM
Like diablo immortal? Or diablo 3 for that matter? Why don't you say anything about tolchok nerfs? Atlas rework? Bots for players that quit?

ScimitarSlice

• View Profile
Reply #20 on: August 03, 2019, 04:26:04 PM
Like diablo immortal? Or diablo 3 for that matter? Why don't you say anything about tolchok nerfs? Atlas rework? Bots for players that quit?

this thread is about new aleph system.  what is your opinion?

SergeyKosinskiy

• View Profile
Reply #21 on: August 03, 2019, 05:51:51 PM
Its a cool addition. Could use some work number wise. Elite should probably drop aleph. Right inside raider ideally. And antags ads should be buffed. They to weak right now. Base raider ads could be toned down they a bit to strong right now .

ScimitarSlice

• View Profile
Reply #22 on: August 03, 2019, 07:01:07 PM
Isn't this kind of crappy for doldren.  Half of his use was ambushing elites for aleph speedily.  Climbing towers in big open spaces is no good for him now.  Easy to get killed.

SergeyKosinskiy

• View Profile
Reply #23 on: August 03, 2019, 08:52:12 PM
If its a nerf for doldy Its also a buff for giny. Or any person who can do some parkour stuff. For me doldren always was an anti antag raider. My mmr mostly pretty high. And elites there was always ready to fuck you up if you tried to stealth grab them. It also a nice buff to antags. Now raiders kinda lose a bit if they do the murder ball strategy. Map control is pretty important now too. Which is nice. I'm not entirely sure where ppl find antag matches that so hard. After this update antag games are a bit to easy. Even hada 68% game when i was solo dropping. Poor shae. She only got like.... 8 of us

ScimitarSlice

• View Profile
Reply #24 on: August 03, 2019, 09:20:01 PM
If its a nerf for doldy Its also a buff for giny. Or any person who can do some parkour stuff. For me doldren always was an anti antag raider. My mmr mostly pretty high. And elites there was always ready to fuck you up if you tried to stealth grab them. It also a nice buff to antags. Now raiders kinda lose a bit if they do the murder ball strategy. Map control is pretty important now too. Which is nice. I'm not entirely sure where ppl find antag matches that so hard. After this update antag games are a bit to easy. Even hada 68% game when i was solo dropping. Poor shae. She only got like.... 8 of us

In low blow with doldren I used to have 3 alephs collected from snipers before most people had 1 aleph collected. 
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 09:33:44 PM by ScimitarSlice »

Whitebleidd

• View Profile
Reply #25 on: August 03, 2019, 09:45:36 PM
this thread is about new aleph system.  what is your opinion?
Imo I wouldn’t even bother asking SergeyKosinskiy about his stance on anything the devs do, just assume he thinks it’s great…

Map control is pretty important now too.
You can see it in stuff like this, that’s just stuff the devs were making up to try and sell the new dumbass system, so he just regurgitates it here, even though ofc map control is not important, and I doubt any decent player after doing some matches with the new system would buy into that crap.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 10:19:01 AM by MSE_Ojuel »

SergeyKosinskiy

• View Profile
Reply #26 on: August 03, 2019, 10:47:07 PM
Aww right in the feelings White. XD

Not really correct trough, cause i wouldnt do any suggestion then. But that would break your opinion on me and we cant have it right?
You have any problem if i like the system you dont like? Ya wanna talk about it?

And you sure you wanna do decent/not decent player here? How we gonna do it? Who have higher MMR? By scores? PvP this? Alicia 1vs1 on noverra me XD

sonofoz

• View Profile
Reply #27 on: August 03, 2019, 10:55:50 PM
we want a fight ! we want a fight ! we want a fight !!
wewantafuckingfiiight !!!

ScimitarSlice

• View Profile
Reply #28 on: August 04, 2019, 12:27:01 AM

sonofoz

• View Profile
Reply #29 on: August 04, 2019, 01:01:02 AM
5 bucks on serg !