Author Topic: Harec needs to be nerfed.  (Read 10070 times)

Marcus4471

• View Profile
Harec needs to be nerfed.
on: July 28, 2019, 05:47:15 PM
Other than the fact that can hit with the most damage in the game in one shot, you decided that he can do his stalk ability mid combat? WTF?
This needs to go. The minute any character is locked in a combat situation it should be to the death and a level playing field for all, that is using the combat triangle of grapple, dodge and strike.

sonofoz

• View Profile
Re: Harec needs to be nerfed.
Reply #1 on: July 28, 2019, 06:08:48 PM
oh today it's harec ?
let me guess it's not one of your main ?
harec is strong, like any other character. and he does not need to be more nerfed than any other character.
you'll have to be prety skilled to aim quickly AND good enough to kill in a flash or to use his ability in cc.
harec needs no more nerf than any other.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 28, 2019, 06:34:38 PM
Agreed, spammable stalk is completely unreasonable. I have always said the best way to bring Harec back in line with the rest of the characters is to give him a base minimum cool down to stalk of about 2 to 5 seconds. This would allow counterplay after he stalks. If he doesn't make his shot and has to come back there should be come kind of consequence. Christ, he already has the Executioner card which makes him lethal in CQC after he comes back, but at least when he kills your friend in one punch you have a fair fight on your hands instead of him zipping off into the air to crit bullet on your knee and wound you.

I realize MSE think it's "cool" that Harec can do what he can do, but they have to realize that other characters don't have this level of freedom (perhaps Alicia at the most? but even she has counters and her weapons aren't nearly as lethal). If we are going to have characters like Harec who have the most damaging weapons in the game able to spam stalk then why the hell did we nerf cougar form? Council damage reduction? Hans flight? In other words, all these other characters were brought in line because they were too strong with their abilities but the elephant in the room still sits as the largest aggressor of them all, Stalk spam.

Don't let the Discord trolls attack you. You are right to express your opinion here on the forums. They completely own Discord and so they want to shit on the forums now to. But there are no Admins or Mods here that are biased or that have double standards. You are and should be allowed to speak your mind here about the game.

Tekato

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 28, 2019, 06:46:58 PM
I agree, that harec stalk spam needs to stop. If not then they need to make everyone's ability spammable. It's only fair rak should be allowed to spawn as many of his pets as he wants, hans should have unlimited fuel and kuzzman should have infinite blitz traps, etc.

Marcus4471

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 28, 2019, 06:50:00 PM
Thank you level9Drow.

I appreciate that you are able to understand that freedom of speech and expression is sacrosanct. I simply can't understand the simplicity of simply ignoring people. Since I started posting, there have been people on here who have just attacked me constantly, every post I made, to the point I had to ignore them, or face a ban for retaliating to their constant belittling. Sonofoz is one who I've been ignoring for quite some time now. He still can't get it into his head that I am, even though he continually replies to my posts, with reply back from me.
More so, I believe it is vital, for not just the survival of a game, but any industry, to air one's grievances about the game. Complaining is what makes, or breaks a game and people should really try to understand this simple reality. However, many can't. Either devs start listening to their player base or else they'll lose players, it will get a bad name and all the hard work of the game designers, animators, graphic artists, modelers, programmers will end up in the bin, with the game itself. Then of course, reality hits in when the game is earning money, thus the company and it's time to start laying off workers.
It's all about constructive criticism. I don't just post "Your game sucks". I'll let them know all the reasons why.

When you give the highest damaging character in the game the ability to just warp in and out of a battle, whenever they want to, you create a character that's virtually untouchable. Yes, his executioner card is insane, along with some others. When it comes to Harec, his skill is being able to do massive damage with his sniper rifle and therefore should be doing his best to avoid CQC. Giving him a stalk ability, during combat is not the way to go about it. It creates a very unbalance playing field. As for Alicia, well, her special also needs a cooldown too.

Marcus4471

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 28, 2019, 06:52:12 PM
Precisely Tekato. The playing field is very unbalanced at the moment, giving many characters far too much advantage over others. Alicia's special needs a cooldown. So too does Ayana's. They need to sit down and look at the fact that some characters simply have way too much of an advantage over others.

sonofoz

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 28, 2019, 07:03:18 PM
you're becoming paranoid with this discord thing lvl9... i never put a toe in it... and anyone who does not think as you do is a troll too ? i understand why you love marcus.

tekato, marcus, lvl9, well i guess, with cyberhunted and white bleeder will have the full team of "nerf everything i can't beeeeeat with my maiiiins !!!!"

and as far as i am concerned you can even make harec removed from the game if it pleases you, i don't play it.
moreover 1sec certainly won't be enough, since when he came back he usually punch and/or dodges before he goes back. maybe 2sec.
but you'll always have someone to cry about one or another characters.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 08:43:55 PM by sonofoz »

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 28, 2019, 07:47:08 PM
If you don't play the game then why should your feedback be relevant? At least the feedback from us is coming form people who are actually active in the game and add to it's economy. But if I was MSE I would prioritize the opinions of their actual players over the non players.

As for Harec, I've already stated 2 to 5 seconds. And as for Discord, you should go, you'd love it there. And they'd love you there. You'd fit right in with the "git gud" crowd. Just try not to throw up in your own mouth when they start boasting and gloating  about destroying new players, forcing and condemning surrenders, and general "salt" they are able to throw around.

sonofoz

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: July 28, 2019, 08:38:21 PM
If you don't play the game then why should your feedback be relevant?
if you don't understand when people talks, why your comments should be relevant ?
can you show where i said i don't play the game ?
(it's the pvp whiners wou are mostly saying they don't play anymore but just came here to inform.)

i said i do not play harec...
as main by the way. it happens i plays it time to time, to change. but not enough to be good with him.
so i'm not defending him because i'm playing it. is it clear like that ?

okok we all have understood, they have been mean to you on discord because they desagreed your point of view, so they are bad people. ok, i saw that, you already made 21 topics on the subject exactly as marcus with prizes galore and matchmaking.

As for Harec, I've already stated 2 to 5 seconds.
indeed, my bad.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 08:44:22 PM by sonofoz »

Dr.Kuzie

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: July 28, 2019, 08:46:35 PM
Problem with Harec is the difference between mouse and controller players. Then its the ping. and finally his ability, stalk, which has a lots of frames of invincibility and can be spammed. From 5 to 8 seconds of cooldown and the sniper will be balanced in terms of playstyle. Ignis was nerfed, not hard, but you can play around it.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: July 28, 2019, 09:24:31 PM
if you don't understand when people talks, why your comments should be relevant ?
(it's the pvp whiners wou are mostly saying they don't play anymore but just came here to inform.)

as main by the way. it happens i plays it time to time, to change. but not enough to be good with him.

okok we all have understood, they have been mean to you on discord because they desagreed your point of view, so they are bad people. ok, i saw that, you already made 21 topics on the subject exactly as marcus with prizes galore and matchmaking.

indeed, my bad.

You ARE toxic. Marcus was right.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: July 28, 2019, 09:26:06 PM
Thank you level9Drow.

I appreciate that you are able to understand that freedom of speech and expression is sacrosanct. I simply can't understand the simplicity of simply ignoring people. Since I started posting, there have been people on here who have just attacked me constantly, every post I made, to the point I had to ignore them, or face a ban for retaliating to their constant belittling. Sonofoz is one who I've been ignoring for quite some time now. He still can't get it into his head that I am, even though he continually replies to my posts, with reply back from me.
More so, I believe it is vital, for not just the survival of a game, but any industry, to air one's grievances about the game. Complaining is what makes, or breaks a game and people should really try to understand this simple reality. However, many can't. Either devs start listening to their player base or else they'll lose players, it will get a bad name and all the hard work of the game designers, animators, graphic artists, modelers, programmers will end up in the bin, with the game itself. Then of course, reality hits in when the game is earning money, thus the company and it's time to start laying off workers.
It's all about constructive criticism. I don't just post "Your game sucks". I'll let them know all the reasons why.

When you give the highest damaging character in the game the ability to just warp in and out of a battle, whenever they want to, you create a character that's virtually untouchable. Yes, his executioner card is insane, along with some others. When it comes to Harec, his skill is being able to do massive damage with his sniper rifle and therefore should be doing his best to avoid CQC. Giving him a stalk ability, during combat is not the way to go about it. It creates a very unbalance playing field. As for Alicia, well, her special also needs a cooldown too.

Just report him. I did. I positive others are.

sonofoz

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: July 28, 2019, 09:53:42 PM

indeed, my bad.

You ARE toxic. Marcus was right.

oh yeah, and marcus clearly knows is shit in toxicity...  ;D
but anyway, at least i'm a reliable teammates.  ;)
while you are as toxic here and in game, as every coward quitters.  :D
wich still makes me half better than you are  8)

Cyber_hunter026

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: July 29, 2019, 12:24:06 AM
Our beloved sonofoz had the courage to namedrop me but couldn't even get it right tsk tsk tsk. to add to marcus's problem. this is coming from someone who uses harec,  yes even with his base gun I've one shoted antagonists and even grunts. not only that, i was able to stalk with little to no consequences after returning to the spot i stalked from.  keep in mind, i had no knowledge of the executioner card so that made things more interesting when i got it. not only is he dangerous when stalking  but CQC he's still a threat. why not give up and go about Your business son? why get so upset with someone who's voicing their opinions? lol as i said before, you seem to blow a gasket every time an antagonist is name dropped. harec,  doldren,  tomorrow you're gonna probably throw a temper tantrum if someone mentions an antagonist shae or mikah? XD

SergeyKosinskiy

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: July 29, 2019, 01:04:14 AM
He could use some cooldown, not gonna change much, good harecs will still one shot ya in the head. You could try to lower MMR to ground like drow. But with how big some of MMR difference matches can be, idk if it would change much. I guess on 20mmr there is more new players antags then vets.