Author Topic: Prizes Galore Rework Suggestion  (Read 2245 times)

skorpio_ink

• View Profile
Prizes Galore Rework Suggestion
on: July 24, 2019, 10:05:55 PM
Like many people, I've struggled to enjoy the latest update because it feels like I am getting less rewards instead of more, which is contrary to what "Prizes Galore" means.

I have a suggestion and I hope MSE will at least consider it. Right now the blueprint and gold rewards are so low most players don't/can't build weapons when they reach a new forge upgrade. It often takes saving gold and grinding for BPs a very long time currenly.

I feel that should be dialed up 500%. We should be earning enough gold and enough BP's to build multiple weapons for multiple characters EACH forge level - not every other level (or worse).

This would help lower level players feel like they had more control over an Antagonist invasion, not to mention maybe help bridge the huge gap in player levels. Plus, it's more fun!

Right now there is very little reward for playing the game. The weapon customization is behind a wall that's too high and too expensive for players to get over. If I was able to build, rebuild, and upgrade my weapons  consistently, I would get a lot more satisfaction out of Spacelords.

Please consider ramping the gold rewards way up. We need to be forging every level - not saving our precious, meager gold for 5 levels just to build a weapon that will become obsolete and need upgrading again in a week.

Thanks for reading. See you on the Broken Planet!

sonofoz

• View Profile
Re: Prizes Galore Rework Suggestion
Reply #1 on: July 24, 2019, 10:28:26 PM
well i don't know if it will help (and i'm still pretty happy that i have achieved the highest forge rank BEFORE the update) but even prior prizes galores we didn't forge all our weapons each forge lvl.
it was way to expensive.
i had read a topic where the advice about reforging was every 4 forge lvl or so.
that's more or less what i did and, well, it was enough.
so with the new forge system it would be every 2-3 forge lvl i guess.
and of course only for the 2 or 3 characters you are using frequently. ^^

skorpio_ink

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 24, 2019, 10:49:11 PM
I'd rather build 2-3 weapons for 2-3 charcters each forge level. Am I the only one who thinks that would be more fun? It would at least FEEL like you were being proactive in the game. I just hate waiting so long to forge weapons between levels. I would probably expand my character selection too if it were easier to acquire and build guns. It seems like a win/win. Give us more to do than just grind our way to a new weapon every 2-3 forge levels... that takes forever and I know I lose motivation to play. Video games are about instant gratification - Spacelords likes to prolong our gratification it seems!
-Edit- I've been playing since closed beta. I know we have never been able to forge every level, but that's my point I guess. I think we should!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 10:52:26 PM by skorpio_ink »

Marcus4471

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 24, 2019, 11:12:12 PM
I'd rather build 2-3 weapons for 2-3 charcters each forge level. Am I the only one who thinks that would be more fun? It would at least FEEL like you were being proactive in the game. I just hate waiting so long to forge weapons between levels. I would probably expand my character selection too if it were easier to acquire and build guns. It seems like a win/win. Give us more to do than just grind our way to a new weapon every 2-3 forge levels... that takes forever and I know I lose motivation to play. Video games are about instant gratification - Spacelords likes to prolong our gratification it seems!

They've drastically reduced everything in order to get your cash. Pre 'prizes galore' (ROTFLMFAO), on an 8hr rotation you were GUARANTEED 2 common/advanced blueprints and 1 rare. Sometimes 3 common/advanced and 2 rare. Now it's a joke! I was making over 100k gold in a day, now it's 20. MSE have wrecked their player base. I never played it when it was 'Raiders of the Broken Planet', but I have a feeling they implemented a P2W scenario, as they have here, far too quickly and their player base left.
I suspect they relaunched as Spacelords, hoping that the players had gone from RotBP, so they could attract new players and do exactly the same.