Author Topic: Matchmaking is a Joke  (Read 5651 times)

tribas

• View Profile
Matchmaking is a Joke
on: October 03, 2017, 07:54:34 PM
Making us play with players and host from the other side of the world makes no sense at all , it happens so many times it almost kills the game for me, it's pretty much Russian roulette at this point ... will i get  another person from EU with terrible connection as host?

tribas

• View Profile
Re: Matchmaking is a Joke
Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 08:23:56 PM
Another great game with another great host from the other side of the world , 1 minute into the game and everyone left the game already cuz it's impossible to play.
Some people like me paid money for skins and the mythic aliens dlc but you can't say that playing like this is worth it... this is money wasted.
But hey at least i was the Antagonist so i ended up winning since the other 3 left and even thought the host "Nada" was the only one able to move freely he gave up because he could't finish the level by himself .
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 08:27:59 PM by tribas »

alef321

• Fun is the priority
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 06:58:42 AM
if only we could play with 2 or 3 or even solo (without the crappy rewards from the actual solo mode) this would be fixed.

everymatch you get :
-999 ping
-1 or 2 disconects
-someone afk

and again as I say everywhere. you pull your weight and everyone's else just to get robbed of a blueprint or have to shared your hard earned loot with some guy that did literally nothing.

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 01:01:48 AM
I'm going to second having matches not require 4 players. What exactly does this mean for matchmaking? This means you either need a full group of four players or you need multiples of four 'exactly' per match... The math of this is so simple stupid and bad from the perspective of a player waiting you end up with 11 players needing to be 12 for a 3rd game to happen. Many games who use a similar principle such as Left4Dead fill those empty slots with bots for a reason... because it's just not good business making people wait to play your game. Just let players choose a 2 player coop that doesn't include an antagonist and problem solved because as interesting as the mechanic is you shouldn't bury your game trying to sell it.

As for end of match rewards... they are just simply bad. I'm not exactly sure where the concept for it came up but it definitely has its roots in gambling and that's just nonsense considering how long some matches can go. If that kind of thing was on top of some regular reward as a bonus that'd be different but by itself it's the kind of mechanic that almost guarantees infighting. It's like the game is mocking you.

qione

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 06, 2017, 07:15:05 PM
I wait to long with friends... in a Group of three...

MSE_Hellath

• PR Manager
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 06, 2017, 07:59:47 PM
Hello. The Matchmaking process is something we are trying to constantly improve. The latest update we are introducing right now should relieve some of the above issues you mention.

Our system "learns" and evolves, and tries to find better matches for each subsequent games you play.
Thanks for your feedback.

Quanrian

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 06, 2017, 10:03:32 PM
Probably at this point it might just be the player base is shrinking from an already humble start.  It can be enjoyable so... best of luck to you guys.

alef321

• Fun is the priority
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 06, 2017, 11:08:32 PM
they fixed the matchmaking speed.
I can get into matches in less than 5 minutes now.
some times is insta.
people still ragequit, lag,dc tou

Fallos

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 09, 2017, 01:48:42 PM
Give us private co-op mode ffs!
Keep your stupid rewards and give me opportunity to play with my friends.
I got founder pack, why I should wait forever to play first company with my friend???

MSE_Hellath

• PR Manager
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: October 09, 2017, 02:32:14 PM
Please, keep in mind that, while we listen to all your feedback, ingame implementation takes time and effort programming and balancing them in the game -it's not as simple as pushing a couple buttons.

We appreciate all considered opinions, but I'd once again like to ask you to avoid rough language when expressing them.
Thanks all for your help.

Fallos

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: October 16, 2017, 06:37:38 PM
Please, keep in mind that, while we listen to all your feedback, ingame implementation takes time and effort programming and balancing them in the game -it's not as simple as pushing a couple buttons.

We appreciate all considered opinions, but I'd once again like to ask you to avoid rough language when expressing them.
Thanks all for your help.

I got this game on steam (founder pack) and in windows live (first company) especially to play with my friend. I couldn't even imagine this game haven't co-op mode. Only solo or multiplayer.
And you know what?

Let be clear. I really want this game successful, sometimes I think I want this even more than you, but I cant understand what you are thinking for while making stuff like antagonist rank lock for weapons, or giving us no co-op, or these skinns for 10-20$. Really?
Who is that guy that makes decisions like that, please show me it))
Maybe you are just trolling us?))

Sorry for that impressions, but it only means that i care about future of this game cuz a lot of things is so cool and have so much potential.

Quanrian

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: October 17, 2017, 04:40:16 AM
I can't even read your post properly... can you please delete the huge screenshot and at least crop the important part...