Author Topic: Antagonist and Raiders balance. There need to be some changes in the future.  (Read 2334 times)

Ebisu_rkz

• View Profile
I have played almost 200 hours between the betas and since the release up to now.
I have almost all weapons, I am lacking Mikah's weapons. I have got and tried all weapons in the betas.

I only played 3 games as antagonist, I have won the three games. I don't enjoy this gamemode because I am a coop player. I really enjoy the coop mode because it is harder than most coops, forcing you to play together in some stages. I enjoy coop games where you are forced to play as a team and not as 4 individuals. So, I have high hopes for this game on that regard.

My problem is, since the release I have lost 5 games or so, all games the first day in the early hours from the release. The problem is that I am not that good to justify that result. And yes, I have played against the top antagonist. Maybe I have been exremely lucky with my games...

I don't have any solution because I don't know how to balance it, but there are problems on both extremes in my opinion. If you let an antagonist play against new people they get wrecked pretty soon with a bad experience for the raiders, they only die and they get frustrated and probably will leave the game.

If you have 4 people that really know how to play and know how to play together, they can't lose.... I am lying, they can lose, because they can get a survive time with some deaths and they can die in that window.

My problem is that I dont think this is enjoyable for the antagonist, he dies like in 15-30 secs and maybe he get some kill or a few kills and then he has to wait the respawn time. if the raiders don't seperate too much and try to stick together mostly when the antagonist spawn, they will often beat the antagonist on melee bc of how the close combat works.

The game is new yet, but the time will come when most ppl will know how to move and be aware of the antagonist. And then the antagonist mode won't be that fun.

I am not saying that you should do it easier for the antangonist and harder for the raiders, I explain myself pretty bad. The start of the game is already hard for the raiders and news antagonist, when they face experienced players, even enemies with little experince.

I think that the curve of difficulty should have more slope, and be much harder for teams full of experienced players as a team of 4 experienced players is really different from a team of 2 experienced players and 2 new player, even if the second team elo is higher than the first one imo.

The ppl of both sides should spent more time playing than trying to suicide themselves to get some kill.

knux

• Dismantle. Repair.
    • View Profile
I won't even make weapons now, because I do not play as an antagonist.
Why the hell was antagonist rank implented to be able to make weapons??

WYRDBOY

• View Profile
The game is new yet, but the time will come when most ppl will know how to move and be aware of the antagonist. And then the antagonist mode won't be that fun.
This is what I'm afraid of, there will be a time when the antagonist won't stand a chance anymore with the current mechanics. Unless the NPC difficulty gets real rough at high levels (which I haven't experienced yet). Only time will tell because the game can and will change.