Author Topic: Daily Rewards  (Read 6828 times)

flowone

• View Profile
Daily Rewards
on: November 29, 2018, 05:01:51 PM
I really don't like the current system of the rewards/bonus mission drops. When you start out it's actually perfectly fine, but gets progressively worse the high level you get.

When you get into the final tier and you get those 8 hr rotations, that's when it completely gets horrible. My rotations now only have 3 drops now. 3!!!! In the 12 hr rotation I would have 5 - 6 per rotation. The 8 hr one is just horrible with 3 - 4 per rotation. With the timing of the rotations I can only get 3, at best. And let's be realistic, I won't. I lost 2 of my 3 just yesterday due to noobs just feeding and causing us to loose the mission. Nothing better than low levels making your drop giving you a 2.2 score drop (this is why I antag). I miss 2 of the 3 rotations every single time, and there's nothing I can really do other than a. not go to work or b. not sleep as the 2 rotations fall on exactly those 2 moments.

It really makes leveling up feel like a punishment as it greatly slows my resource acquisitions.

Can we please get this looked at and maybe increase our drops or just put the 12 hour rewards rotations back?

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Re: Daily Rewards
Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 06:24:49 PM
I would love a daily reward of like 25 Mercury points for when you consecutively log in and complete atleast one mission or something. It would encourage everyone to check into the game more AND help you work torwards a skin or extra loadout you have been interested in.

Lancer

• "Do what you will, you'll do it anyway"
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 09:59:39 PM
I would love a daily reward of like 25 Mercury points for when you consecutively log in and complete atleast one mission or something. It would encourage everyone to check into the game more AND help you work torwards a skin or extra loadout you have been interested in.
or gold need to buy a weapon or characters with. I like this idea but i think it be better with like gold and faction points, im not sure MSE would consider premium currency for a daily reward. Maybe fore a weekly reward of like 50 or 75 ms coins?

Urgehal

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 01:16:45 AM
Surprised this hasn't been implemented already honestly, would help newer player as well. Tons MSE can do with daily login/rewards, off the top of my head:

Gold, Faction points, Mercury Points (on special occasions of course), EXP boost, Gold boost (in certain circumstances), 2 day free character that someone hasn't unlocked to let them try, a random character/faction card you can swap out, free card reset, small chance boost on next blueprint attempt, choose what weapon BP you roll for next, etc.

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 30, 2018, 12:39:49 PM
Hello guys!

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are always thinking on ways to make the system more fair and rewarding and the ideas you propose here are certainly interesting. I'm sharing this post with the design team so they can evaluate the chances to implement it ;)

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 30, 2018, 03:46:03 PM
@Lancer, oh I think they would possibly consider rewarding Mercury Points. I don't know how recent you are to Spacelords but back in the day of the invitation system before the game was free to play, if you invited a new player to play a stage of the game they didn't own you earned I believe 150 Mercury Points (possibly more) if it was their first time being invited.

flowone

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 30, 2018, 06:23:51 PM
I've read a few, and yeah, I would totally game if we had some kind of Daily Login Bonus. I see that some recommend a model that's very much similar to the one on Paladins and having it give us occasional resources of all types. I would love that.

And thank you for the response Karen!!

Lancer

• "Do what you will, you'll do it anyway"
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 30, 2018, 10:16:42 PM
@Lancer, oh I think they would possibly consider rewarding Mercury Points. I don't know how recent you are to Spacelords but back in the day of the invitation system before the game was free to play, if you invited a new player to play a stage of the game they didn't own you earned I believe 150 Mercury Points (possibly more) if it was their first time being invited.
i Didn't know that, thanks then im full on with this idea

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: November 30, 2018, 11:04:12 PM
It's important to note though that the invite system only provided a very limited and restricted way of getting mercury points from it, and that was back when you had to buy into the campaigns. It's a different subject to be expecting free premium currency when they game is a f2p where that would pretty much be their main source of revenue now. Even Warframe doesn't really give free plat away, other than when you start and maybe some promotions here or there, like PS+ packs.

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: December 01, 2018, 04:14:20 PM
I understand where you are coming from too Draco. I don't play Warframe but I do dabble with plenty of Android games and several of them do offer their premium currency in small amounts for various reasons. I fully understand it's a Longshot and would genuinely be shocked if they implemented that.

Urgehal

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: December 02, 2018, 05:49:59 AM
True, only reason I hinted at giving Mercury points was that the skins are still overpriced and I want to give MSE my monies! ... Speaking of Warframe, giving occasional discounts as dailies on skins/character/weapons would be the better route than mercury points actually.

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: December 11, 2018, 04:20:46 PM
I feel I should say one last thing on this subject before I let it rest and that is, Mercurysteam, don't forget the players that are up in the 100's and above when you reshuffle how some form of daily rewards or progression system is handled. Now and again I see screenshots and pick up bits of information about ways that you guys are restructuring things for a better progression but it appears it really only benefits new players. I happen to be one of the few stubborn ones that keep coming back because I enjoy the core game and character design/world so much, but there are alot of people I used to play with that felt they literally had nothing to do and had no reason to check back in daily or weekly when the only incentive to this point has been that a new weapon or skin may come out. I know you guys are working on stuff and that a big update is around the corner for the new year so ultimately we will wait and see, and I'm looking forward to many of the changes I have heard about. Keep up the good work.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: December 11, 2018, 06:49:59 PM
Yea, I would love more ways to get faction.

Lehi

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: December 11, 2018, 10:04:08 PM
Login bonus sounds good, but I want someone to join a match not just login. I believe the current reward system is a fair incentive to join a match.
However, At 100+ level, the amount of reward is reduced to 3. I usually don't feel like playing after I complete Gold and Faction point maps because I have to wait for about 3 or 4minutes to join a new game, which sometimes cancelled. (I still love the game, though.)

About Mercury Point as Login Bonus, I do not say I don't need it, but I rather concern that MSE does not have many things to sell. Either costumes or gold. I definitely buy if MSE sell Gold and FP buff for whole team.

Majority of F2P games earn from costumes. I have seen more customization options to come in the road map. MSE prioritizes SpaceGuilds than customization, which is a possible source of profit, so I hope MSE is comfortable now. (And they hire a model/voice actor.)

In Fortnite, I have seen tons of items to buy and customize your avatar. Epic Game closed Paragon, so they have more modellers to make those items, and now Epic earn millions.
(By the way, I want my Paragon back... Can you bring me a MOBA mode? Plz MSE..)

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: December 12, 2018, 01:15:07 AM
Warframe's daily reward system was recently updated for the first time since its inception over 1000 days ago. It now scales in proportion to player rank, which in this game would translate to levels. piggybacking on Jabberwockie, I think this is indeed an important thing to consider. I am now getting 31 hour boosters or 6 rare materials instead of 3 hour booster or 1 material.

Give players a choice to pick gold, or xp boost, or faction points for any faction, on a daily basis, would definitely generate interest in consistent play. Scale it in proportion to level.