Author Topic: The elephant in the room Konstantin the Antaginist  (Read 8003 times)

JeedyJay

• View Profile
Re: The elephant in the room Konstantin the Antaginist
Reply #15 on: September 15, 2017, 08:08:21 AM
I've made this suggestion on another thread, but I thought I'd put it here, too - perhaps if Antagonists prove finnicky to balance, have a special Antagonist Deck replace the Personal Deck (and perhaps also the Faction Deck, since many of those cards rely on allied players to function, anyway). Have a default card in case people don't bother to customize, like with the other decks, and specialize in subtle, difficulty-increasing effects (increase Raiders' stress with your presence, prolong respawn timers, set back special ability readiness when causing damage, buff the defense of nearby enemy troopers, increase the radius of your dying explosion if you have an Aleph charge, etc.). This would have the benefit of making it easier to balance out characters for the Antagonist role, especially as more characters are added to the game.

We don't yet know what kind of problems are going to arise, and it's a little late in development to be suggesting a change like this, so please just keep this in mind in case big dumb game-breaking strategies start to emerge as more players get into the game.