Author Topic: Raiders Throwing Games (Antagonist Pov)  (Read 19838 times)

lokoangel48

• View Profile
Raiders Throwing Games (Antagonist Pov)
on: October 23, 2018, 07:15:03 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onHgZqmCaD0

Now I'm not saying these people should be banned or whatever because of this which was probably a 1 time thing (Maybe a timeout)  but if you're an antagonist and you see this sort of behavior on your enemy team just try to let them win. Because you would not want a thrower on your team and really, those type of wins aren't worth it

ArnoldCat

• View Profile
Re: Raiders Throwing Games (Antagonist Pov)
Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 07:44:19 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onHgZqmCaD0

Now I'm not saying these people should be banned or whatever because of this which was probably a 1 time thing (Maybe a timeout)  but if you're an antagonist and you see this sort of behavior on your enemy team just try to let them win. Because you would not want a thrower on your team and really, those type of wins aren't worth it

That is what people do when they are forced to fight against a antagonist.

They disconnect.
They suicide.
They feed the antagonist.
They spam the surrender.

There are always ways to avoid the antagonist and finish quickly the match so they can keep playing and enjoying the game.

So welcome to the "Anti antagonists resistance"

;D

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 07:47:24 AM
Can't say I blame them. They want out of that match ASAP and to get to a normal match verses AI. It's forced and the game rewards shit for losing so it's quite literally a waste of their time to proceed. Since they're not given the choice of PvP or not they have to take a gamble when they queue up. If they get a normal game verses AI they can progress and actually get ahead in the game despite the heavy gating mechanics. But if they get an antagonists it'e literally a liability towards progression. So they throw, the faster they can get to the next match the better. I often feel the same way. It's not rewarding and a waste of time. Fighting antagonists literally isn't worth it.

Velgeder

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 08:41:17 AM
That was funny, but for all you know they could be trying to lower thier mmr.  I've actually seen lower level players doing this without an antag.

Hiero_Glyph

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 23, 2018, 04:11:48 PM
Meh, it was a mentor match, the antag shouldn't be in it anyway.

Lancer

• "Do what you will, you'll do it anyway"
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 23, 2018, 04:51:25 PM
Viva la revolution!

Tango

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 23, 2018, 05:36:26 PM
I can assure you that if in that game you played with another char or WITHOUT the tolchok, the raiders would have continued playing the match.
I like the antagonist thing, but i do not like being forced to play a game with antag when i do not want, but i still play and tried to win, but when an antag is broken like kon and his tolchok, i do the same as those guys

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 23, 2018, 08:55:42 PM
Can't believe the swarm of posts approving this. It's not a full team effort, it's obviously 2 players that don't care to screw over the Doldren and a fresh level 1 Baby Harec that are trying to play.

Ac3_f4ce

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 23, 2018, 09:19:32 PM
Wow. that is just horrible. So this is how you guys propose to "FIX" the game, is this how you show you care? You complain to MSE about the antag system and how its destroying the game but then you act like this. How exactly is this behavior beneficial for the game?  Some of these new players still want to play the game even with an Antag but they cant because of rage quitters and and players blowing missions. This behavior is robbing these new players of a legit experience.   You guys are actually creating a toxic environment within in the spacelords community.

Hiero_Glyph

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: October 24, 2018, 03:02:46 AM
Can't believe the swarm of posts approving this. It's not a full team effort, it's obviously 2 players that don't care to screw over the Doldren and a fresh level 1 Baby Harec that are trying to play.

Honestly, after having the level 1 baby Harec quit more times than not when I do try to carry them against an antag, I can't blame others for doing this. I had a match the last time I played and the low level host dropped on the first part of low blow completely reseting our progress. The antag then adjusted to our tactics and made the remaining 3 player struggle a bit so the next host dropped, resetting our progress again. At that point the 2 of us still in the game just surrendered as we had been in game for around 10 minutes and had no progress to show for it. So no, I don't feel bad since there are far worse things that can happen.

Tekato

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: October 24, 2018, 04:12:56 AM
Wow. that is just horrible. So this is how you guys propose to "FIX" the game, is this how you show you care? You complain to MSE about the antag system and how its destroying the game but then you act like this. How exactly is this behavior beneficial for the game?  Some of these new players still want to play the game even with an Antag but they cant because of rage quitters and and players blowing missions. This behavior is robbing these new players of a legit experience.   You guys are actually creating a toxic environment within in the spacelords community.
The environment is already toxic with an antagonist. What other choice would they have if they don't want to participate in pvp besides uninstalling the game? Anyways we all know if they didn't suicide and actually tried to fight he would have gone all out destroying the lv 1 along with the rest of the team. Also abuse tolchock and the bubble to block any progress on the 2nd part of the mission.

Ac3_f4ce

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: October 24, 2018, 04:55:20 AM
Funny how you blame the Antag for the host quitting the match. Not the host. The Host did more damage to your team by rage quiting than the Antag ever could. Funny how people choose to shit on others in this game by leaving them in the trenches instead of voting to surrender or actually trying to win. Considering the rework with blueprints now even if you lose you dont lose the blueprint. But yea it's all the Antags fault.

Rage quiting has always been frowned upon in online games especially when it has a significant effect on the game and other players.  Despite how you feel a lot of us are actually playing the game as intended. Rage quiting is what disrupts the game and does the most harm to both player and game.

Ac3_f4ce

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: October 24, 2018, 04:59:27 AM
@Tekato Sure yea you can say it's toxic but it's nowhere near toxic as Rage quitting which actually makes the game unplayable.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 05:03:50 AM by Ac3_f4ce »

Agent-Z46

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: October 24, 2018, 12:14:55 PM
Throwing the game just ruins the experience for everyone. For yourself, your teammates and the Antagonist. How can people criticize people who play Antag, saying that they make people rage quit but are perfectly fine with sabotaging the game and ruining their teammates experience by throwing? This is honestly disgusting sometimes. It's amazing that MSE continues to listen and interact with the community despite having to witness crap like this.

Whitebleidd

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: October 24, 2018, 01:01:41 PM
So antags want the right to ruin the experience for others without anyone having a say on the matter (since apparently having a pve mode is a big no no), but when the raiders decide to ruin the experience then that’s when it’s bad, hmmm sounds unfair…