Author Topic: Raiders Throwing Games (Antagonist Pov)  (Read 19875 times)

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Re: Raiders Throwing Games (Antagonist Pov)
Reply #45 on: October 25, 2018, 01:44:06 AM
I suicided on Short Fused a while back, but that's it. And in that situation I accepted a mentor match and there actually was NO antagonists. But the idiot Harec kept head shotting the elites. On player disconnected because he couldn't stand it. the herec kept on killing elites. Then I tried carrying but it didn't go dar. Then I surrender, but no one took. The Herec was tunnel vision killing and I just gave the thumbs up and suicided over and over. It was the more retarded game ever. I suicide when people disconect against an antag. But I never suicide with a full party working, even if an antag is there. I'll play, then lose then see the shit rewards and then tilt. But I don't suicide on normal games with antag.
So if some bitch on discord was complaining about me know the context. He's probably not telling you about disconnects or new players being fools. I'm not apologizing for that shit.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #46 on: October 25, 2018, 01:49:13 AM
Then feed, man. Pretend you're engaged in fighting the antagonists? You want them to pretend I guess. The next adjustment players will do in order to avoid getting banned for getting out of an unfair unfun situation would be to feed. I mean, they could just suck as a player a lot and always try to fight the elites and antag, and for some reason don't know how to attack as frequently. I mean, is this any better? They will just find other ways to get out of the game ASAP. Blaming the victims of a broken system is pretty shitty.

People don't like antagonists, they like progression and PvE. MSE doesn't reward enough for lost games, it becomes a waste of time.

Draco couldn't have worded it any more perfectly. It's toxic behavior, plain and simple. You're no victim, you're the problem. You're the one's encouraging toxic behavior and ruining the game for everyone. Draco points out your toxicity and that there's punishments for it and your response is "Well I'll be clever about my toxicity"

I vehemently dissagree. Simple as that.

You're just so empowered aren't you? You got the "law" on your side to support your griefing, good for you. We just need to accept our losing games and poor rewards, it's not the fault of poor design at all. Nothing ever could be, right? Because that would be impossible.

Let's say people simmer down here and you and Draco convince them to stop. They are irritated and calm down and go back and play their game. What in the world do you think will happen when another person get's a mentor mach with low level players and an antag? What are they going to do? What will they do when they fight tooth and nail with a person given the position of preventing progression in an already slow grind for 30 munites or more only to lose and feel like they A) Wasted their time, B) Was fooled in trusting the system to reward them for fighting an antag, and C) They're going to remember WHY they came to these forums in the first place. And remember that nothing you've suggested helped their situation at all. you offer NO solution to the problem.

So they will come back here and vent it out because they're not quite sure they want to stop playing the game, because they actually like a lot about it. And NEW people will come as well. We see them. Not even "the usuals", who say the SANE thing. Are you going to tell every single new person who complains about the antagonists system it's their fault as well? How many people will have to dislike the system until you think there could actually be a problem?

For the record: I didn't say I condone this behavior. I said I don't BLAME them and understand why. So get the fuck of my balls with this toxic acusation of supporting thier actions.

To quote you when I first came to the forums "It doesn't matter if you disagree" throwing is toxic behavior, whether you admit it or not, that's not gonna change. You then go on to say that you don't condone this behavior but I've seen you admit and celebrate the fact that you've thrown!  Not only that but in this very thread you put forward the idea of feeding to avoid punishment for intentionally killing yourself. So don't try to tell me you don't condone this behavior, you not only condone it, you encourage and even practice it. This is always you're argument when someone calls out your bullshit. "You're offering no solution to the problem" You're offering nothing but tantrums and excuses. Losing a game to someone who outplayed you is not a real problem. The problem is you and other players like you. You whine and whine about Antags, say they're trolls and killing the community but then you're perfectly fine with people throwing and ruining the game for everyone, Antagonist and Raiders, alike.

godamn you are a good framer. Cherry pikcing to, dispicable. Read the first response I posted here on this thread. No one is celebrating it you "politician". I've already said this.

Man you are a wall aren't you? Nothing more than an obsturction. There can be no words between us anymore. You're simply the opposition. We'll keep doing this dance for ever then. I'm game.

Hiero_Glyph

• View Profile
Reply #47 on: October 25, 2018, 02:23:26 AM
I named 4 of you here that are of like mind. Why not just team up and you can surrender vs. antags to your heart's content? Unless there's cross-platform preventing that, which would be understandable (but guilds are coming soon that will fix that! ;) )

I don't care what a 4 stack does, play how you want. My team does it, lots of teams do it. Managing MMR is an issue that unfortunately needs a workaround. If you don't wanna play a certain setup, that'd on a team to decide. The issue here is that you guys have no problems ruining games when you get matched up with randoms. 
And I know for a fact some of you here do it with randoms because you get name dropped in discord when it happens if they get matched with you. I am just fed up with the hypocrisy at this point.

You named me but you didn't understand anything I wrote if you feel I am against the antag system. What I am against is the current iteration of the antag system because it punishes the progress of all players, even the antag.

Like you said, you only play for fun so you don't care about rewards, but many of us have fun by making progress and your fun restricts that. So obviously the system isn't working well if it places the community at odds with each other instead of letting everyone having fun together.

Maybe the difference is that I am thinking about how to make Spacelords fun for everyone, instead of only thinking about myself. Feel free discussing how a monthly challenge system would hurt your fun playing as an antag though. I will gladly explain it in more detail if needed.

ArnoldCat

• View Profile
Reply #48 on: October 25, 2018, 03:45:10 AM

Can we all please relax and be friends?

Agent-Z46

• View Profile
Reply #49 on: October 25, 2018, 04:25:28 AM
Then feed, man. Pretend you're engaged in fighting the antagonists? You want them to pretend I guess. The next adjustment players will do in order to avoid getting banned for getting out of an unfair unfun situation would be to feed. I mean, they could just suck as a player a lot and always try to fight the elites and antag, and for some reason don't know how to attack as frequently. I mean, is this any better? They will just find other ways to get out of the game ASAP. Blaming the victims of a broken system is pretty shitty.

People don't like antagonists, they like progression and PvE. MSE doesn't reward enough for lost games, it becomes a waste of time.

Draco couldn't have worded it any more perfectly. It's toxic behavior, plain and simple. You're no victim, you're the problem. You're the one's encouraging toxic behavior and ruining the game for everyone. Draco points out your toxicity and that there's punishments for it and your response is "Well I'll be clever about my toxicity"

I vehemently dissagree. Simple as that.

You're just so empowered aren't you? You got the "law" on your side to support your griefing, good for you. We just need to accept our losing games and poor rewards, it's not the fault of poor design at all. Nothing ever could be, right? Because that would be impossible.

Let's say people simmer down here and you and Draco convince them to stop. They are irritated and calm down and go back and play their game. What in the world do you think will happen when another person get's a mentor mach with low level players and an antag? What are they going to do? What will they do when they fight tooth and nail with a person given the position of preventing progression in an already slow grind for 30 munites or more only to lose and feel like they A) Wasted their time, B) Was fooled in trusting the system to reward them for fighting an antag, and C) They're going to remember WHY they came to these forums in the first place. And remember that nothing you've suggested helped their situation at all. you offer NO solution to the problem.

So they will come back here and vent it out because they're not quite sure they want to stop playing the game, because they actually like a lot about it. And NEW people will come as well. We see them. Not even "the usuals", who say the SANE thing. Are you going to tell every single new person who complains about the antagonists system it's their fault as well? How many people will have to dislike the system until you think there could actually be a problem?

For the record: I didn't say I condone this behavior. I said I don't BLAME them and understand why. So get the fuck of my balls with this toxic acusation of supporting thier actions.

To quote you when I first came to the forums "It doesn't matter if you disagree" throwing is toxic behavior, whether you admit it or not, that's not gonna change. You then go on to say that you don't condone this behavior but I've seen you admit and celebrate the fact that you've thrown!  Not only that but in this very thread you put forward the idea of feeding to avoid punishment for intentionally killing yourself. So don't try to tell me you don't condone this behavior, you not only condone it, you encourage and even practice it. This is always you're argument when someone calls out your bullshit. "You're offering no solution to the problem" You're offering nothing but tantrums and excuses. Losing a game to someone who outplayed you is not a real problem. The problem is you and other players like you. You whine and whine about Antags, say they're trolls and killing the community but then you're perfectly fine with people throwing and ruining the game for everyone, Antagonist and Raiders, alike.

godamn you are a good framer. Cherry pikcing to, dispicable. Read the first response I posted here on this thread. No one is celebrating it you "politician". I've already said this.

Man you are a wall aren't you? Nothing more than an obsturction. There can be no words between us anymore. You're simply the opposition. We'll keep doing this dance for ever then. I'm game.

A tad much belittling me by calling me a politician and what not. And the "I'm game" thing? It's like you've just declared me your nemesis. But I think we can agree that at this point we've said all there is to say. We'll just keep repeating ourselves at this point.

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Reply #50 on: October 31, 2018, 08:29:23 PM
So I have been gone for a while, but really? Are people really throwing games when Antags drop by. I haven't had a single problem with the new 'spacelords' antagonists.  Thats whether I am by myself with low levels or the OG 'Raiders'.  How widespread is this because the only antagonists I  have come across are peaceful, complete pushovers or at the very least competent but by no means worth running in fear from.

ArnoldCat

• View Profile
Reply #51 on: October 31, 2018, 08:47:05 PM
So I have been gone for a while, but really? Are people really throwing games when Antags drop by. I haven't had a single problem with the new 'spacelords' antagonists.  Thats whether I am by myself with low levels or the OG 'Raiders'.  How widespread is this because the only antagonists I  have come across are peaceful, complete pushovers or at the very least competent but by no means worth running in fear from.

This is not about "running in fear"
It's more like "running from a time lost with low rewards"

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Reply #52 on: November 01, 2018, 04:35:30 AM
All the rewards are low rewards since Raiders became Spacelords. I keep coming back for the gameplay itself which I find quite enjoyable.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 04:41:41 AM by XjabberwockieX »

Whitebleidd

• View Profile
Reply #53 on: November 01, 2018, 07:14:55 AM
I keep coming back for the gameplay itself which I find quite enjoyable.

I’m sure a lot of ppl keep coming back for the gameplay (me included) but what happens when said gameplay is ruined by antags and we are not given an option… throw games…