Author Topic: Shakura and why it should be removed from the game  (Read 8816 times)

Alex2199

• View Profile
Shakura and why it should be removed from the game
on: August 10, 2019, 01:36:36 AM
So let me explain my frustration. Every raider in the game has a weapon were you have to try to actually get kills. Yes some may be a little better than the rest, for example plague. Plague is a powerful weapon although Hive still has to be near the target to even get useful damage out. However, Shakura you literally just have to sit behind cover and send the ball out.

Now I am the last person to call something overpowered, I will always see something as a counter to something else. Which I will admit Harec is an amazing counter for Valeria. That being said Shakura is beyond this. I recently started over on Spacelords on Steam to get the full feel of a new player experience. I can now understand why so many new players are leaving.

MMR puts low tier players with a tier 1 valeria with Shakura? That's an instant lose for the raiders! Especially if its on tight missions like "Hanging by a Thread" The Valeria just sat in the back and sent her overpowered death orb flying at our spawn. I am not even mad that we lost to her I am mad because she didn't even have to try! All of her other guns have a sort of synergy and that's what I love about Valeria, the fact two things in her kit work so amazingly well together. Shakura's only "synergy" is the fact that the gun reduces cooldown...which her other guns do to. This gun is the reason so many new players are quitting that and the impossible grind for xp! Why do max level players only get a maximum of 400xp while low level players get nothing on the fifth day? This maxs no sense...if the level cap is going to be capped make it where even low level people get a little something on the fifth day! They are struggling and struggling isn't a grind its a chore.

sonofoz

• View Profile
Re: Shakura and why it should be removed from the game
Reply #1 on: August 10, 2019, 01:57:50 AM
i don't share your opinion.

full powered shakura is OP against new players, as any other full powered weapon. moreover situation where shakura is uncounterable are few...

then i'm not sure but i think there is often a high player in teams with high antag.

and finally players have to learn that all team need a counter antag, who need to think about the worse situation possible on the map.
for example, beast'lair --> valeria + shakura, so the counter antag must choose a character to counter that.

is shakura strong ? yes.
is shakura unbeatable ? no.

This gun is the reason so many new players are quitting
-> lol...
i thought it was doldren...  ::)

SniffaXxX

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 10, 2019, 02:30:55 AM
Not gonna lie, I’m too lazy to read everything.

My personal stance on Shakura is you should have to be within a certain proximity of the Quantuam Projectile for it to activate its damage. This would encourage an active CQC playstyle rather than hiding around a corner with infinite ammo and no aleph signature.

Alex2199

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 10, 2019, 03:15:05 AM
i don't share your opinion.

full powered shakura is OP against new players, as any other full powered weapon. moreover situation where shakura is uncounterable are few...

then i'm not sure but i think there is often a high player in teams with high antag.

and finally players have to learn that all team need a counter antag, who need to think about the worse situation possible on the map.
for example, beast'lair --> valeria + shakura, so the counter antag must choose a character to counter that.

is shakura strong ? yes.
is shakura unbeatable ? no.

This gun is the reason so many new players are quitting
-> lol...
i thought it was doldren...  ::)

Im not saying its unbeatable I'm saying its impossible to fight against if the whole team is a low tier and with the mission being too tight together. For example Hanging by a thread. Not even a Harec can stalk out of the door without dying. The team could not win at that point

sonofoz

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 10, 2019, 03:29:13 AM
Im not saying its unbeatable I'm saying (...) The team could not win at that point
so for you :
"unbeatable" have a different meaning than "can not win"...

but you are just asking it to be remove from the game.
so what the point removing a weapon wich is not unbeatable (but against you can not win...) ?

anyway... i have never encountered any problem with valeria in this mission.
i don't even remember having fought a valeria in this mission in fact...
but take doldren, take harec or take valeria too and fight...
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 03:48:05 AM by sonofoz »

sonofoz

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 10, 2019, 05:06:32 AM
i just tried valéria as antag on hanging by a thread.
(it was moslty boring, as always with valéria antag imo, but well...)

all "young players", the highest was rank 3 or 4. the 3 others was 5.
and they had a doldren (rank5), but... i'm playing it so much that he is not really a threat to me, especially with valeria, since you have nothing to do except waiting for him...

so, indeed, they lost.

but each time, it took time and they had to use their brain, (few seems able to do that in this game) but they figured a way to counter me.
they just lost too much lives to find each solution, so on the last part, well, they died...
(yet on this one they could have just coordinate their attacks... but well...
they were not really efficient players tbh.)

anyway.
conclusion is, i still don't think a team even of new players can not win against her in this map. but you are right it is a map where she can be a real nuisance.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 05:10:29 AM by sonofoz »

Alex2199

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 10, 2019, 05:32:59 AM
As a tier 6 I cant bring Doldren because I don't have him were he is a viable option. I cant use Harec is there is no way behind her. I cant take Valeria because her level requirement is too high for me to get her.

You. Cannot. Beat. Her. if she places her bridge in the spawn door way and she hides on the side behind cover of the map and no one can get to her. If I was a higher tier with every raider in the game like I am on Xbox I wouldn't be as mad as I am because I could have brought a viable Doldren. But as a tier 6 raider my punches only do 1 damage to an antagonist who can do 80. And yes I know grapples beat dodges but I cant grapple whenever her orb instantly downs me

Cyber_hunter026

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: August 10, 2019, 07:22:31 AM
My strategy for valeria would be to play a character with  a high health pool and a hp regeneration card. though it was a big open map, double agent, me and a team of players had a valeria antag.  I could tell they kept staying behind cover and using the rosen bridge to kill. My teammates, while they used the enemy Ai to go after me.  though i kept eliminating them,  which pissed off the Valeria player. so after he or she spawned where i was, most likely to kill me in order to stop me from Killing their minions they gave orders to. They foolishly followed me into a trap, which a doldren player on my team and i traded blows with them and took the Valeria player out. After that they logged off,  it's all about bait and expose in the open for me anyway. find a way to lure out that Valeria antagonist and set them up with a little ambush or trap.

Alex2199

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: August 10, 2019, 08:10:26 AM
My strategy for valeria would be to play a character with  a high health pool and a hp regeneration card. though it was a big open map, double agent, me and a team of players had a valeria antag.  I could tell they kept staying behind cover and using the rosen bridge to kill. My teammates, while they used the enemy Ai to go after me.  though i kept eliminating them,  which pissed off the Valeria player. so after he or she spawned where i was, most likely to kill me in order to stop me from Killing their minions they gave orders to. They foolishly followed me into a trap, which a doldren player on my team and i traded blows with them and took the Valeria player out. After that they logged off,  it's all about bait and expose in the open for me anyway. find a way to lure out that Valeria antagonist and set them up with a little ambush or trap.

Which would work if I had characters with a high health pool but again all low tiers we were basically playing the starter characters against a tier 1 Valeria with zero point

Cyber_hunter026

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: August 10, 2019, 08:42:14 AM
That is very problematic, I've had my fair share of new players on the team getting destroyed by a high level antagonist. it's the kind of thing that does frustrate you/me. but i like to think that one team can gang up on the antagonist. circle around stealthy while drawing the antagonists attention to one or two other players.  i like to call the raptor set up,  two ay the side,  that antagonist won't see until it's too late.

sonofoz

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: August 10, 2019, 11:26:20 AM
That is very problematic, I've had my fair share of new players on the team getting destroyed by a high level antagonist. it's the kind of thing that does frustrate you/me. but i like to think that one team can gang up on the antagonist. circle around stealthy while drawing the antagonists attention to one or two other players.  i like to call the raptor set up,  two ay the side,  that antagonist won't see until it's too late.

exactly

MeleeMaster

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: August 10, 2019, 03:30:41 PM
I had a Valeria on that stage, I can say my teammates played really well against her, but having a Doldren with the "one punch" build really helped.

No wonder the player pool is small, a player with 20 hours or even less into the game can already face this kind of bullshit. It's like if you were a lvl 10 player doing some fetch quest on a MMO and a dungeon boss kill you out of nowhere, making you repeat the quest from the start.

Alex2199

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: August 10, 2019, 06:03:57 PM
I think what yall are not understanding is the fact that we couldn't get to her. If it was a larger map yes I understand the circle her tactic. I am a max tier player who started over on steam. I am not just some new player complaining about random shit that kills me in one match. I am complaining because a group of low tier players we couldn't do shit about it. The highest level tier was 4. She killed us all and then placed her orb directly in front of the hallway that our spawn point is on while the Valeria hid behind the crates behind her bridge. There was no way to leave spawn, none of us had Doldron because none of us have bought/rented him and even if we did it wouldn't have mattered because her bridge was already instantly downing the Shae that we had and the Valeria was standing directly behind her bridge. Again I am not mad that we lost I truly don't care about losing anymore. I am mad because the Valeria just had to kill 3 people (one of the raiders left) and then just place down her bridge. All her other weapons provide a sort of synergy, Shakura does now...Shakura just has to exist and your dead and you cant do anything about unless you a Harec with stronger guns or a doldren with a good amount of points into CQC/stronger gun. This weapon needs a nerf and if MSE wont do that then it needs to be taken out of the game before more player base quit.

Players use to complain about The Whip being overpowered and MSE has nerfed that to hell but they will allow this shit? It makes no sense for Valeria to have this sort of power. At least with Hive's plague you have to aim and get close to the enemy.

ScimitarSlice

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: August 10, 2019, 06:21:35 PM
Is this a problem with Shakura or really just with match making?

sonofoz

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: August 10, 2019, 07:38:03 PM
I am a max tier player who started over on steam. I am not just some new player

from what i see that's not proof of anything in this game. but that's not the subject.

She killed us all and then placed her orb directly in front of the hallway that our spawn point is on while the Valeria hid behind the crates behind her bridge. There was no way to leave spawn

what about the incibility time ?
i don't know where she put it exactly, but when you respawn you should have enough time to run out of portal effect.