Author Topic: Points for ‘Survival’  (Read 2955 times)

Whatever

• View Profile
Points for ‘Survival’
on: May 10, 2019, 10:08:38 AM
Hello!

I just played a game where I didn’t die nor entered wounded state and the end tally gave me a zero for survival.

Shouldn’t it be 100% if you don’t die at all, thus never entering a wounded state? And a fraction thereof for when you do enter wounded and recover?

Thanks!

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Re: Points for ‘Survival’
Reply #1 on: May 10, 2019, 10:52:57 AM
Survival is the phase when your team has lost all its lives and the timer starts to run, if you never reach that stage (because you didn't loose all you lives) you will not be credited for that stage, it's a bit wierd, but that's how it works I think!? It should be the other way around, getting credited for not reaching this stage, right!?

It's the same wierd thing like having to play multiplayer games to unlock the training mode, very strange decisions?

Whatever

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 10, 2019, 12:28:17 PM
Yeah, either way it doesn't really make much sense. Kind of like you're being penalised for doing well?

Power Penguin

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 10, 2019, 10:02:13 PM
Yeah it doesn't make a lick of sense.

Placelord

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 10, 2019, 10:21:58 PM
Survival is the phase when your team has lost all its lives and the timer starts to run, if you never reach that stage (because you didn't loose all you lives) you will not be credited for that stage, it's a bit wierd, but that's how it works I think!? It should be the other way around, getting credited for not reaching this stage, right!?

It's the same wierd thing like having to play multiplayer games to unlock the training mode, very strange decisions?

Not just having to play multiplayer to unlock training; but having to achieve an above average score to unlock training.

Strange indeed...

Solosmoke

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 13, 2019, 05:21:01 AM
Yeah, either way it doesn't really make much sense. Kind of like you're being penalised for doing well?

That's exactly what it is. When I finally realised what was going on with the survival score I got so frustrated that I was losing points for not reaching that stage. Hell, a coordinated team could exploit it by wasting all their lives a few times over at the start of a match then rush it. Max out the survival and boost your score at a minor cost to time.

Survival doesn't work as a score. Just remove it completely. If you get 100% for never getting a survival phase then you're penalised for surviving the longer phases (especially with annoying team mates that refuse to learn and continue to grapple immune elites) - Points for surviving means your penalised for not losing lives. Lose-lose. remove it and be done.

Aive

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: May 13, 2019, 01:43:02 PM
to get survival point you need to die 10/16 times which down your score more then you get from survival point. lessay... your team dies 10 times= -2 score, you get 1 survival= +1 score. 0 deaths is optimal and everyone gets it. with survival only those who survived timer