Author Topic: This game is BROKEN  (Read 4728 times)

Whatever

• View Profile
This game is BROKEN
on: March 22, 2019, 09:19:27 AM
https://imgur.com/gallery/Yjf3wSr

My MMR is 46. That is not high.

The others on the team are two fours and a five. They're not great. They're reasonably new.

There are ELEVEN MOOKS on this level here AND A TIER ONE ANTAG. At the spawning point. Honestly though, WTF? What kind of balance is this?

Why do you think this is fun? Let me answer that for you. This. Is. NOT. Fun.

Why do I, and the other people on the team have to sacrifice any enjoyment we get out of the game so that someone else can troll players on an unbalanced game?

I feel I have tried really hard with this game, given it a solid shot but it is utterly disrespectful of my time. Why would I buy skins for a game that actively goes out of its way to stop me from having fun? Why would I spend money on something that doesn't care a jot about my time as a player?

I'm told that the difficulty is tweaked weekly. Now, I'm no game developer but even I can see that whatever you're serving now needs to go back to the kitchen because it's f'ing inedible. You try and swallow this and see how well it goes down.

I want to play this game for fun; yet fun is the one thing that this game seems to try its level best to not be.

I need a breather from this game. It's not fun. This is the saddest part of it all, the waste of potential.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 10:42:54 AM by Whatever »

Viner

• View Profile
Re: This game is BROKEN
Reply #1 on: March 22, 2019, 11:21:02 AM
This game is toxic.
There is no understandable difficulty in the game and there is no motivation to raise the MMR. Therefore, people dont hold high MMR. Therefore, with the same MMR will be both beginner and experienced players.
Until the big patches I will not play this game.

Eliakin

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 22, 2019, 12:38:58 PM
It has always been bad and this way since last year, we had a lot of improvements but nothing that made the game very good, many players warned that the MMR and the antag was flawed but even so developers wanted to keep it and these same system are guilty for making lots of players gave up playing

I know the developers are working hard to make the game better, but if well before when the game was paid, they would have listened to the players and completely changed MMR and stop forcing players to go as antag and change it altogether, I'm sure we would have a much larger player base
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 12:41:10 PM by Eliakin »

Cazic-Thule

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 22, 2019, 01:43:44 PM
I honestly think this game is at the point right now where if the devs don't put their stubborn pride aside and finally listen to the players this game will die by the end of 2019 no matter what. They forgot the most important rule of game design: your game has to be fun. They've been so unable to put their stubborn pride aside and admit they made a massive mistake that is killing their product that their product is nearly dead now. I just can't play this game anymore no matter how much I genuinely want to because having fun is nearly impossible. Whoever thought designing this game around intentionally pissing people off needs to have their degrees revoked and never be hired again anywhere a five year old could have told you that was an absolutely terrible idea. Unless they patch in making pvp optional for players VERY SOON it will be too late and the downward trend in player numbers will doom this game forever. Stop trying to incentivise more people to play the very thing that has ruined your game. Just stop ruining your own game on purpose MSE it's time for you to finally do what every good dev team in history has done and just listen to your players! We pay your bills!

Engelsgaard

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: March 22, 2019, 04:02:10 PM
hey, quick question: do you still know the map and who the antagonist was?

if it was hanging by a thread and a Valeria spawncamped you with her portal (and Shakura), then I'm really sorry :(

Sometimes the Antag doesn't stand a chance, sometimes it's frustrating for the team, which is more rare, and worse, since it takes longer for the Antag to win, than for the team.

Anyhow, it's true that the game is more unnerving than other games, especially with antagonist and with underperforming players, I get emotional. But to be fair, that's a good reason for me to keep playing, my emotional investment.
If you don't get what you want from the game, take a break for a couple of months and come back when you're open minded enough. They wrote that they are working on a tutorial. I'm hoping for the best.

Whatever

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: March 22, 2019, 08:38:50 PM
There’s a link at the top with the info. It wasn’t you.

I am open minded and I’m level 370 so I have given this game a really good try but enough is enough. I want to have fun playing games, like the commenter above said, and this game seems to go out it’s way via consistently  inconsistent difficulty, antags and a multitude of other paper cuts to not be fun.

Placelord

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: March 22, 2019, 09:17:11 PM
We need to rally around a consensus set of demands to make it easy on the devs to make it right. Here's my proposal based on what I want and the complaints  seeing from the community.

1. Separate PVP and PVE queues
2. Difficulty selection
3. Cut scene skip based on majority votes
4. Better lobby/team controls:
Pass party leader
Vote to kick
Host selection
Party chat in lobby
5. Voice chat on by default.

Is this acceptable?

Whatever

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: March 23, 2019, 04:22:35 AM
I would be happy with the first two. That’s all that’s needed to make this a totally different game.

Viner

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: March 23, 2019, 12:42:55 PM
We need to rally around a consensus set of demands to make it easy on the devs to make it right. Here's my proposal based on what I want and the complaints  seeing from the community.

1. Separate PVP and PVE queues - Not necessary if the developer simply double the reward in battle against the antagonist.
2. Difficulty selection - Yes!
3. Cut scene skip based on majority votes - Yes!
4. Better lobby/team controls:
Pass party leader - Yes!
Vote to kick - Yes!
Host selection - Yes!
Party chat in lobby - Da!
5. Voice chat on by default. - OMG NO!!

PS: I think that most players are mostly satisfied with the game and everything described above will not be changed.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 12:48:46 PM by Viner »

Placelord

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: March 23, 2019, 07:02:37 PM
Tldr:
Encouraging mic use fixes a lot of balancing issues, fixes the lack of conveyance helping with retention, it speeds up matches, raises the skill ceiling and is overall more engaging. I think that's worth the 10% chance that you may have to mute a fool every once in a while.

My belief is that boneheaded players that ruin matches aren't bad players they just don't know any better. Also, when I say on by default I don't mean always on. You could still turn it off and leave it off. Or mute specific players if they are being annoying.

Most if not all prominent multiplayer games now default to on. I just think that it's kind of dumb to have a game that requires coordination where no one is actually coordinating with each other. If the concern is that people will be toxic or whatever, I haven't found that to be very common. I've been in party chat with about 30 or so players I've met in game and out of all of them only one was a problem.

The fact is that if it defaults to off people are 90% likely to leave it off and that's how you get baby Hareks. Not being able to communicate is not only fostering bad habits, it's cutting out any high level strategic play. Which I would argue is the entire draw of completing objectives as a group.

Of course this game is going to feel imbalanced.  Instead of having two teams competing against each other you have one team competing against a random assortment of individuals. I see so many people complain about antags being OP without realizing that there are other ways to fight than "let's all just run at them and attack". Without mics how are you going to coordinate a strategy that actually accounts for the opponents strengths and weaknesses? How are you going to bait the antag into an ambush or funnel overwhelming opposition into a bottleneck or prioritize specific targets? More importantly how do you get the damn Lycus to stop blowing up the extractors and snaking the elites when he has a full stack?

Or let's just look at the most important aspect of a game; fun. When I play a match and I cannot communicate with my team I walk out pissed 8 out of 10 times. When on mic I normally play for 6 hours straight.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 10:06:46 PM by Placelord »

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: April 11, 2019, 10:08:21 PM
I'm afraid this is exactly what MSE wants. They actually admitted this. Here is a quote Whitebleidd gave, it's REALLY eye opening:

(In an old article covering the games antag mode (https://www.dualshockers.com/raiders-broken-planet-developer-diary-details-antagonist-gameplay/) dualshockers very appropriately calls it “a troll's dream come true”, it’s basically like PK’ing players while they quest, fish or craft in an mmo, with no consequences. The devs themselves admit the griefing nature of the system on the 1st dev diary saying this about the antag mode, “Me deja jugar como si fuera un single-player” (it allows me to play it like a single-player), “Y con el extra de que estoy fastidiando a alguien, estoy haciéndole la puñeta a alguien de verdad” (with the added bonus of annoying an actual person, I am fucking over or “causing trouble” to a real person) https://youtu.be/RYao1t08PBc?t=275.)

Are you miserable? Are you angry? Are you not having fun? All working as intended, proven by the quote above.

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: April 12, 2019, 12:10:45 PM
Hello everyone,

We have answered in another thread since there are similar topics: https://www.spacelordsthegame.com/community/index.php?topic=26542.msg39479;topicseen#msg39479

Thank you!

MeleeMaster

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: April 21, 2019, 04:41:22 AM
PvP in this game is as broken as ever, people can shoot you from behind cover and some weapons can push/stunlock you while doing massive damage. Who the hell would give tools to characters that literally break the game?

The roll for blueprints is also stupid, it's like the 6th duplicate I get for Mika and 4th I get for Lycus.