Author Topic: Spacelords Roadmap  (Read 31284 times)

MSE_TENKA

• CMC
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
    • Mercury Steam
Re: Spacelords Roadmap
Reply #15 on: September 21, 2018, 03:24:46 PM
What it contains may be nice, but NOTHING about the big issues raised in the past month: reward / BP system, new players experience, antagonist,

Hi JestersShade!

This announcement is about the new add-ons that will arrive to the game, in the meantime we will publish several updates to fine-tune the game.

See you on the Broken Planet!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 05:58:20 PM by MSE_TENKA »

JestersShade

• View Profile
Reply #16 on: September 21, 2018, 04:08:19 PM
I really hope so for you but, still, you need to communicate more.

On all the issues I've reminded here, what are the devs thoughts ?

We're not always asking for it to be patched already but would want to know the dev team views on it.

What do you agree or disagree with ?
What are you willing to change and how ?

So far, we've always seen those once a patch is released and that is not a good communication.

Coming here just to say "we're listening" is as good as nothing.

What we want to hear is "We're listening and agree to change this and that in this way" or "We disagree on this because of that" but so far, it's not transparent enough to stop the frustration and coming on multiple topics to say "wait for our big announcement" which wasn't even related to the topics in the end even made the feelings worse ...

Brizzier

• View Profile
Reply #17 on: September 21, 2018, 05:39:44 PM
I really hope so for you but, still, you need to communicate more.

We're not always asking for it to be patched already but would want to know the dev team views on it.

What do you agree or disagree with ?
What are you willing to change and how ?

So far, we've always seen those once a patch is released and that is not a good communication.

Coming here just to say "we're listening" is as good as nothing.

What we want to hear is "We're listening and agree to change this and that in this way" or "We disagree on this because of that" but so far, it's not transparent enough to stop the frustration and coming on multiple topics to say "wait for our big announcement" which wasn't even related to the topics in the end even made the feelings worse ...

This was one of the reasons why I left Raiders of The Broken Planet after buying the first chapter, to return to the game now, renamed as Spacelords.

There is a huge lack of feedback. MercurySteam only says "I'm listening," but never addresses the issues raised by the player community.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #18 on: September 21, 2018, 05:53:20 PM
It's not Blizzard, calm down. They are not 500 people strong. Thing's work a bit slower for smaller studios.

MSE_TENKA

• CMC
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
    • Mercury Steam
Reply #19 on: September 21, 2018, 06:11:00 PM
Hi JestersShade,

You can check in the latest patch notes for update 10.4 our approach to several topics, like Blueprints for example. We have increased the drop rate of common Blueprints, and that is a direct consequence of the feedback we have gathered from the community. (https://spacelordsthegame.com/news/spacelords-update-104-patchnotes) or about the rewards, we have increased it (https://spacelordsthegame.com/news/patch-notes-103).
This is an ongoing process, but every change takes time to be designed, tested an implemented to assure it doesn’t break more things than it solves!

We’ll be happy to share our views with you. If you have any specific question, please ask.

Thanks!

Sloppy

• View Profile
Reply #20 on: September 21, 2018, 08:45:41 PM
We’ll be happy to share our views with you. If you have any specific question, please ask.
I'd like to ask a few!
1. Being an Antagonist and beating an Antagonist provides no reward beyond regular level completion reward. Are you planning to address this or your position is that PvP should not be rewarded?
2. Do you have any plans of adding 'attack'/'do not attack' markers or chat system or you think that current level of communicability between players is sufficient?
3. A common complaint is that characters and high level guns are overpriced. Are you satisfied with current game economy or you already plan to adjust mission rewards and/or prices? Or, maybe, you're analyzing the situation and not yet ready to decide?
4. Is it intentional that it's almost impossible for Antagonist to reach high score (7-9) while Raiders can do that easily?

Not trying to push the suggestions here, just want to know what's your position on this stuff. Thanks!

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: September 22, 2018, 12:24:21 AM

What is your opinion on the current blueprint duplicate situation?

Today I had the chance to get 2 common blueprints and all I got was 2 dups = nothing!!! The situation would not be so terrible if I could stack them, build them later or sell them for Gold (as I already wrote in another thread).

Nemo

• View Profile
Reply #22 on: September 22, 2018, 01:11:59 AM

Spacelords Identity
With the arrival of the new in-game store, players will now have countless more options for customizing their characters, with new outfits, exclusive weapon customizations, emotes to express in game and even new fighting styles, melee weapons and finishing moves.

I hope that this is just cosmetic only. I'm not quite sure what 'melee weapons' are supposed to mean here, since all the characters just use a variety of punches and kicks at present.

The Great Clash
With the Space Guilds now fighting to control the Aleph resources, the stakes will be raised much higher when they compete to show who’s the best! Guilds will endeavor to leave their mark on the Broken Planet, obtaining the best scores and literally planting their banner on the missions they master for all to see. This isn’t a battle anymore, but a War!

Will the scoring system be getting a rework then? The difficulty score at the end of a match only accounts for 1 point, with every 10% of difficulty giving 0.1 points to the score. It seems like there will just be a whole bunch of 9.3s to 9.5s, since not many people would want to push their MMR, and the difficulty score, past the 60% range, since high difficulty doesn't really give correspondingly high rewards.

MSE_TENKA

• CMC
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
    • Mercury Steam
Reply #23 on: September 24, 2018, 01:53:57 PM
Hi everyone! Please, found some answers below:

1. Being an Antagonist and beating an Antagonist provides no reward beyond regular level completion reward. Are you planning to address this or your position is that PvP should not be rewarded?

Raiders and Antagonists have same rewards. 4 v 1 PvP is already rewarded.

2. Do you have any plans of adding 'attack'/'do not attack' markers or chat system or you think that current level of communicability between players is sufficient?

We are considering including new ways of communicating in  the game. You will start seeing new options with the arrival of the first major milestone in the Spacelords’ roadmap: Space Guilds.

3. A common complaint is that characters and high level guns are overpriced. Are you satisfied with current game economy or you already plan to adjust mission rewards and/or prices? Or, maybe, you're analyzing the situation and not yet ready to decide?

We are continuously adjusting the rewards and prices. After every change, we always analyse what’s working best and what’s not working as desired, and the process starts anew. We recently launched the 10.4 update, and it is still a bit early to extract any conclusion. 

4. Is it intentional that it's almost impossible for Antagonist to reach high score (7-9) while Raiders can do that easily?

We definitely want to review the Antagonist score system.

What is your opinion on the current blueprint duplicate situation? Today I had the chance to get 2 common blueprints and all I got was 2 dups = nothing!!! The situation would not be so terrible if I could stack them, build them later or sell them for Gold (as I already wrote in another thread).

We really understand your frustation and we are looking for a solution that satisfy all users -it will take a bit of time to address and implement, though. 

Will the scoring system be getting a rework then? The difficulty score at the end of a match only accounts for 1 point, with every 10% of difficulty giving 0.1 points to the score. It seems like there will just be a whole bunch of 9.3s to 9.5s, since not many people would want to push their MMR, and the difficulty score, past the 60% range, since high difficulty doesn't really give correspondingly high rewards.

It is still a bit early to talk about The Great Clash update in detail. We are currently focusing on the most immediate updates, like Space Guilds, but we will consider it.

Thanks all!

Hyugga

• View Profile
Reply #24 on: September 24, 2018, 03:57:29 PM

" Raiders and Antagonists have same rewards. 4 v 1 PvP is already rewarded "

whatttt ? What reward ?  The same reward that you get if you were not playing an antagonist and getting a higher score ?  Im good with all other answer but this one did not adress anything.

Sloppy

• View Profile
Reply #25 on: September 24, 2018, 05:26:02 PM
I mean that there is no -additional- reward for defeating the Antagonist.
Sorry if I wasn't clear enough and thank you for the answers.

Hiero_Glyph

• View Profile
Reply #26 on: September 24, 2018, 06:09:43 PM

We are considering including new ways of communicating in  the game. You will start seeing new options with the arrival of the first major milestone in the Spacelords’ roadmap: Space Guilds.

We are continuously adjusting the rewards and prices. After every change, we always analyse what’s working best and what’s not working as desired, and the process starts anew. We recently launched the 10.4 update, and it is still a bit early to extract any conclusion. 

What is your opinion on the current blueprint duplicate situation? Today I had the chance to get 2 common blueprints and all I got was 2 dups = nothing!!! The situation would not be so terrible if I could stack them, build them later or sell them for Gold (as I already wrote in another thread).

We really understand your frustation and we are looking for a solution that satisfy all users -it will take a bit of time to address and implement, though. 

It is still a bit early to talk about The Great Clash update in detail. We are currently focusing on the most immediate updates, like Space Guilds, but we will consider it.

Thanks all!

And this is why the game is doomed to fail, because you don't understand the problem. These are basic issues. All you need to do is look at the metrics and see that antag matches consistently score lower than non-antag matches and the fact that there is no bonus means that you get rewarded less. It's basic math.

As for duplicate blueprints, you only get one chance at a first impression. It took Warframe over 4 years to get major streamers to come back to it and that was after a ton of work on their part. You don't have time to wait and consider these changes, you just need to patch it to reward the player in some way and if you are not happy you can aways change it later. No one is asking for a perfect solutuon, but a reward of some kind needs to be added even if it is just gold instead.

As for the rest, I really love the game and it has a ton of potential but it is obvious that your current methodology is too slow to solve the problems. Go watch the Warframe documentary by NoClip and the one thing that is reiterated time and time again is that the only way Warframe will be successful is if they can push content as often as possible. A single weapon or skin isn't going to cut it when you haven't even improved the duplicate blueprint issue; it just conpunds the problem as players are running Alicia and getting nothing for their efforts.

I hate to quote Forrest Gump but "stupid is as stupid does" and the community can only judge Mecurysteam by their actions. So you can say you are listening and looking into the issues, but unless you actually do something to fix the problem then all the words in the world mean nothing. Winter is coming and it brings Fortuna, Fallout 76, RDR2, Blackout, etc. So either do something about these issues or watch the game die because what you are doing now simply isn't working (and you have the numbers to know that).
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 01:32:56 AM by Hiero_Glyph »

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #27 on: September 24, 2018, 07:14:02 PM

Thanks all!

A lot of this sounds like good news. At first I was shocked at your response to rewards in PvP but your response to number 4 kind of alleviated some of this, a vit. Although I would say look at the raider side to. I think what people mean is that the reward system doesn't give anything in ADDITION with PvP and that it maybe should. The reason people say this is because they can score 9 point scores without an antagonists, but I've never seen a 9 point score in PvP for raiders or antagonists. So the question of incentive comes up. I would like to add that as a peaceful antag I don't think the raiders get a high score even then. I've eve carried the objective and fed them aleph and still they would get a 7 or 8 point score. So it FEELS like an antagonist just merely being there reduces the overall score by about 1 point.

Aside from that small point everything else you responded with seems very hopeful and exciting. I look forward to it. Thanks for communicating with us, I would hate to see others ruin this by responding rudely.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 07:15:40 PM by Level9Drow »

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #28 on: September 24, 2018, 07:32:00 PM

Whitebleidd

• View Profile
Reply #29 on: September 24, 2018, 11:30:38 PM
The spacelords identity section of the roadmap sounds awesome, I hope they allow for removal of accessories as well as adding, only reason I didn’t buy “space mechanic” was because of the cap and goggles… being able to remove those would be great. Emotes, finishers, fighting styles, it all sounds good, hope they also plan on adding auras.

The rest sound meh (space guilds), leaning on bad (the great clash, aurora specters), it seems the obsession with pvp is going deeper, MS wants everyone on the pvp bandwagon one way or another, I just hope they only give out more xp or gold as rewards for theses activities, and don’t lock up cosmetics and weapons behind this pvp/competitive stuff.