Author Topic: Spacelords Roadmap  (Read 31281 times)

MSE_TENKA

• CMC
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
    • Mercury Steam
Spacelords Roadmap
on: September 20, 2018, 05:18:10 PM

Celebrating one year since Raiders of the Broken Planet launched, and a month after its rebirth as a Free to Play game, Spacelords continues to grow with over 400.000 games played in the last 30 days and a player base more than 10 times larger.

“We are very pleased with the game’s performance since Spacelords’ launched on August 23,” comments Enric Álvarez, Game Director. “We see many new players discovering Spacelords for the first time every day, and this roadmap is our way to thank all the community for their support and show our continuing commitment to the game.”

This roadmap includes four key upcoming main milestones, each marking major changes to the game. Between each of these milestone, MercurySteam will continue to release regular new content at a steady pace in the form of game updates, new skins, weapons and characters.

Space Guilds
The first major Spacelords’ milestone will allow players to create and customize their own Space Guilds within the game, with full cross platform implementation* and expanded communication options. Aspiring Spacelords can team up, design their own Guild banner with the new in game editor and coordinate their games together in preparation for the conflict to come.

Spacelords Identity
With the arrival of the new in-game store, players will now have countless more options for customizing their characters, with new outfits, exclusive weapon customizations, emotes to express in game and even new fighting styles, melee weapons and finishing moves.

The Great Clash
With the Space Guilds now fighting to control the Aleph resources, the stakes will be raised much higher when they compete to show who’s the best! Guilds will endeavor to leave their mark on the Broken Planet, obtaining the best scores and literally planting their banner on the missions they master for all to see. This isn’t a battle anymore, but a War!

The Aurora Specters
Spacelords thrilling 4 v 1 gameplay will be further boosted with the arrival of the Aurora Specters, daemonic entities whose eldritch powers are only rivalled by their thirst for the Raiders’ blood. Something wicked this way comes…

Spacelords is available now as a new and exciting Free to Play gaming experience for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Steam and Windows10. MercurySteam will continue to steadily add new content, including characters, weapons and skins in the following months.

pululon

• View Profile
Re: Spacelords Roadmap
Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 05:24:05 PM
This sound very good!

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 05:39:57 PM
Ok, you've awakened my curiosity.  :)

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 20, 2018, 05:49:24 PM
Guilds?!?!?!? Aurora Specters?!?!?!? Whuuuuuuuuttt?????!!!! So many questions. Who is old Lycus up there?

Hiero_Glyph

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 20, 2018, 05:59:56 PM
There is an * after "full cross platform implementation"; could you please provide the restrictions.

Also, would you please remove antagonists from mentor matches. Nearly every level 1 or 2 player quits the game when it has an antagonist so unless you want player retention to suffer, I'd suggest limiting how antagonists can interact with new players.

Hyugga

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 20, 2018, 06:07:01 PM
so every icon is a new item ? I see emotes skins guns , but what is the icon with the play thing , new movies ?

Onionsunleashes

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 20, 2018, 06:15:32 PM
So does this start this month or is it still further in the future

Tekato

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 20, 2018, 06:25:52 PM
Wow so many things to look forward to, just hoping some of these costumization options aren't cash shop only.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: September 20, 2018, 06:26:15 PM
My hype levels are off the charts!

WE NEED BIGGER CHARTS!

Power Penguin

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: September 20, 2018, 06:48:44 PM
Sounds interesting, hopefully you can deliver. Also why does the cinematic button appear on the chart ? Are we getting new ones ?

pululon

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: September 20, 2018, 07:11:00 PM
Guilds?!?!?!? Aurora Specters?!?!?!? Whuuuuuuuuttt?????!!!! So many questions. Who is old Lycus up there?
Old Lycus is Lycus with cosmetics, you will custom the chars with things like hairs, eyepatches, etc.

Skyline

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: September 20, 2018, 07:27:05 PM

ADD:
But clash it is not a 4 vs 4 guild pvp arena style,right?
Just pve rankings...eh but anyway ,- nice plan .
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 07:42:27 PM by Skyline »

Eikazuya

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: September 21, 2018, 05:22:37 AM
I don't clearly understand the roadmap. But still better than nothing. I'll play the game today to celebrate this

JestersShade

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: September 21, 2018, 09:50:04 AM
So... a few days ago, MSE_Tenka came on several feedback topics to tell us to wait for the "big announcement" to come.
It came and I'm really disappointed.

What it contains may be nice, but NOTHING about the big issues raised in the past month: reward / BP system, new players experience, antagonist, ...

Another recent example: I again had a duplicated BP after trying the mission 4 times!
This waste of time was due to matchmaking with very low players (and / or high antagonist), new players on hard campaign (4th), don't know what the BP would be, duplicates are worthless...

By the way, currently, I only log in to do the common BP mission (if 1) because I don't want to level too much until I've built the weapon because of forge cost.
@MSE: what good is a game that makes you not want to play it and level up ?

We've heard several times "we're listening to you, blablabla" but it seems it was EA style... a shame.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 10:48:00 AM by JestersShade »

Kiss Shot

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: September 21, 2018, 10:30:10 AM
Yeah !! Finally some clear goals and steps we can aim and wait for.

Loving the customization announcement, guilds, new baddies...

Another step in the right direction.

Now waiting for some adjustements, in the meantime, on the less fun parts of the game (equilibrium, better grouping, and so on)

Anyways great announcements.

Curious about the Aurora Specters. They mention that's for the 4 vs 1 play style...so will it be antag specific only chars or something like that ? Or a roll inversion : a big baddy hunted by raiders ala Evolve ?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 11:47:54 AM by Kiss Shot »