Author Topic: New tutorial for beginners  (Read 3670 times)

Tekato

• View Profile
New tutorial for beginners
on: September 10, 2018, 06:17:54 PM
Please add a solo tutorial  mission that properly explains/guides new players on objectives, or how to obtain aleph and ammo. The short tutorial vdeos aren't enough, I often run into mentor matches where they have no idea what's going on, like running around with 5 aleph charges and not using them on the generators/objectives etc. This needs to be addressed as soon as possible.

pululon

• View Profile
Re: New tutorial for beginners
Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 11:12:18 AM
+1 to this... some people don't want to see videos, they want to directly play the game, you need something that show them how to play

JestersShade

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 11:23:23 AM
I made a topic about the new usr experience:
https://www.spacelordsthegame.com/community/index.php?topic=2314.0

Clearly, the solo tutorial is missing

Dagg73

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 11:59:46 AM
There was a solo tutorial before the 4th campaing with Harec, and it was amazing!!! I dont know why it has been removed!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E1irBOl2zs
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 10:01:53 PM by Dagg73 »

JestersShade

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 11, 2018, 12:59:42 PM
I know ... I played it ^^

here was one in "Raiders of the broken planet", but for an unknown reason, Mercury Steam decided to get rid of it and make new players play their first mission randomly in any campaign ...

Kyavara

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 11, 2018, 02:23:59 PM
It is hight time to Mercury to change this. We cannot talk between player. When you play with bigeners they try to play at the same time as they learn to play their characters. Moreover they do not even know that there are tips and how to activate it. So they don't know what to do. And they become almost toxic. I think I will just stop help and playing with beginers because its clearly a trap. They understand nothing and listen nothing. Add some cheater antag playing only difficult missions with too many bot and afk players  disconnected. Enjoy ! I smile but players will only play with three of their friend and it will be only nightmares for the others. Anyway mercury system will never anwer me so...

Hiero_Glyph

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 11, 2018, 04:30:11 PM
I made a topic about the new usr experience:
https://www.spacelordsthegame.com/community/index.php?topic=2314.0

Clearly, the solo tutorial is missing

Yeah, that tutorial was simple, fast, and explained how the controls and combat work (it even provided some storyline). Like many things in Spacelords, Mecurysteam made a bad decision when they removed it from the game.