Author Topic: Let's discuss the fate of the broken planet (plot)  (Read 9675 times)

Oxnardo

• View Profile
Hello raiders!

So after playing alien myths and unlocking some universe plot (very enjoyable stories to complement the game's btw) to try and figure out what the final cutscenes are; I gathered the pieces and came to the logic conclusion that the protectors will bring those warriors from 500 thousand years ago to the present broken planet, and will probably cause a giant plot twist to play against Harec's and the current locals's ideals.

That's just my conclusion, I haven't read all there is yet, and nobody knows what the final of the story will actually bring to the table.

But assuming my thoughts are right, there are still a few questions, like how could the horned dude know the exact moment of the portal's opening? But more important why would the protectors open a portal to an ancient army when the plan is to just warp humans back to earth with no way to come back?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 11:22:27 PM by Oxnardo »

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Re: Let's discuss the fare of the broken planet (plot)
Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 07:30:55 PM
There was some teasing that the Horned Guy might actually be in the future :D.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Re: Let's discuss the fare of the broken planet (plot)
Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 09:01:16 PM
Good theory for sure! I am definitely excited to see what happens as they go into the portal. I was previously under the impression that it was just showing how the planet became broken, but Enric's teaser in his last interview definitely made me think that was just misleading us.

Oxnardo

• View Profile
Re: Let's discuss the fate of the broken planet (plot)
Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 11:56:15 PM
As far as i know, the planet was broken by ancient technology used by the locals to extract as much aleph as they could, then after that their society became a peaceful group, where they wouldn't seek superiority over any other living being by any means, and those who didn't accept the new ways were exiled out of the planet.

i'm tempted to believe horned guy and his group are the exiled ones, they look very warlike, and in his speech horned says "this is not longer our planet" and talks about another group saying "if i was wrong, if they right" implying he was involved in a conflict.

Also he talks about their descendants needing to retrieve their "legacy"; i guess he's talking here about the ancient technology they abandoned due to its dangerous nature, then he states the protectors will take back that legacy and open the portal... which i can't figure out how he knows and can't figure out why they do it...

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 15, 2018, 01:28:24 AM
They very well could have exiled them to the future and provided a contingency that if the warlike tribe is needed then they will resummon them.  The Protectors were those entrusted with knowledge of the past technology to safeguard against a return to the warring timing. So...yeah.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 15, 2018, 02:27:31 AM
It's also implied that humans, that is Earth humans, are an ancient colony from the broken planet. We are them and they are us, but we are evolved slightly differently for our own environments, but they are our predecessors. This is why they look so human and not truly "alien".

Shoggoth_Poot

• Eat it Raw!
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: May 15, 2018, 06:04:43 PM
I think that the horned dude and his posse kept all the ancient Aleph technology and Aleph inspired means of warfare (I want his sword!) after they'd banned technology on the planet, and he led his horde to some random place and said that he and his horde and their tech would be needed again some day IN FACT, they'll open a portal and summon us to that future in 3, 2, 1...Oh look a portal opened! And so, the protectors are cracking open a portal to summon the means to kick the human invaders off the planet, but they don't realize it's a horde of crazy people that are going to swarm out of that portal and attack the humans and probably try to take over the peaceful planet with some kind of totalitarian militaristic regime, and so the raiders will have to wind up fighting them too, after unwillingly helping to add another enemy faction to the list of troubles they've already got.
...Begin season 2!

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: May 15, 2018, 09:35:07 PM
All this thread does is get me hyped for Council Apocalypse.

I can't wait for more story and plot!!!

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: May 15, 2018, 09:44:34 PM
Right?   Also.  Am I the only one that thinks we need to go ahead and clone all the Raiders (Since we have that technology?) and allow them in their own missions?  (Kuzzman, Shae, Lycus, Loaht, and Ayana?)

alma41

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: May 15, 2018, 10:44:25 PM
Three kuzmans would be funny

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: May 15, 2018, 11:45:39 PM
At one time in Short Fused I swear you could play as Loaht and he would tell you to 'stop listening to that idiot' or something, meaning the Loaht on his boat/trailer. It really broke the 4th wall and now you cant play as him there. Please someone tell me they remember this lol.

Oxnardo

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: June 02, 2018, 04:06:45 AM
Update on theories
(long post ahead)

So if you read next campaign's description "Council Apocalypse", you'll find that the fifth council's been collecting archaeological data, and also (as seen in the mission "the enemy within") they are looking for the protectors as well.

This might bring a plot twist even bigger than what we've discussing in this thread. What's their purpose? As stated by the raiders, humans could use the protectors' power to be able to warp back to earth and bring with them a bigger army and weaponry so they can easily dominate the planet and its aleph.

But as we know, the canon has it that the raiders managed to find and keep the protectors by their side, which ruins the plans of the council, or not? As i said; Council Apocalypse's premise states they are looking for archaeological information; what a term! As we know, ancient technology is a major element in RotBP universe; and archaeological investigation seems like something you could use to figure out this technology.

Assuming the Fifth Council can obtain enough information about the planet's ancient tech; they perhaps could do by their own means what the protectors are supposed to... (wait for it)  bringing back The Legacy of the Old World. If we assume this is possible, getting to this legacy will become a race between the raiders and the council.

Now let's recall a few facts: the legacy of the old world remains in hands of Shamash (horned guy, who was referred to by that name in Schneider's showcase stream former to his release) who is waiting for the protectors to open the portal for him and his people. Post credit cut-scenes tell us that the portal has been in fact opened.

Opened... by who? Protectors or Fifth Council? Only time will tell. But to keep theorizing even deeper; what'll happen if each win's the legacy race? Protectors would probably ask just for help to make humans leave the planet (which Harec planned by simply warping them to earth). But council could have a more interesting proposal for Shamash.

In the past; after abusing of the aleph power and technology that led to the break of the planet, the current locals in the planet became pacifists (apart from obvious exclusions), their ancestors expelled from the planet those natives who wouldn't agree with the new philosophies, leaving in exile those who still believe the ancient technology's power can be of good use.

Today; humans are looking to exploit aleph and all its potential. If the Fifth Council gets to recover The Legacy of the Old World, they could ask Shamash to join forces with them; to worship and exploit the aleph with the power of the ancient tech, as the planet's ancestors used to. Current locals' society will oppose; Shamash will have to choose... remain loyal to his own kind, or join forces with humans who support his ways.

I see war coming.

foo_luke

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: June 02, 2018, 04:59:34 AM
What exactly is Shamash?

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: June 02, 2018, 08:16:42 AM

foo_luke

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: June 02, 2018, 08:33:22 AM
No, i mean, what is that? Not a local, i believe. Its some kind of Aleph experiment?