Author Topic: Hive: Novera S1-1  (Read 5989 times)

BeertheBrad

• View Profile
Hive: Novera S1-1
on: February 09, 2018, 10:54:35 PM
Can someone explain this gun's abilities or how to use them? Feels like it doesn't drain like the other guns... Am I using it wrong?

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Re: Hive: Novera S1-1
Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 02:27:26 PM
If I recall it has the shortest range on drain... basically point blank. However, once it reaches a certain point it does good damage. If timed with your tanking I am told you can maintain a good DPS. However, it wont ever be good for anything but the closest combat since it's a shotgun. In my humble opinion, this gun by far requires the most practice to become proficient with. Also, there is a card for getting her special's bar filled when running and I think it's a great fit for this gun due to how often you will be running to a target to get within range.

BeertheBrad

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 05:49:40 PM
Makes a lot of sense, why it has to be so close. I will practice closer CQC. Thanks for the help Q!

Quanrian

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 02:48:09 AM
No problem but it is complex enough it wouldn't hurt if someone did a guide for it. I've had it used against me as a two shot kill. Basically, they blasted me then melee immediately with seemingly no but gap and no way to resist a guaranteed kill for them. However, I'm not sure what prep they did or cards they used to achieve that but they only ever pulled it off at near point blank range.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 10:02:05 PM
I've found it to be inferior to the other less common drop. The sacrifice you have to make for her rare gun is too much for much smaller gain than what you can accomplish with her default and uncommon. Her rare seems to be the most inconsistent and, at best, situational gun out of all of them. It was a real let down when I won it only to find out the other 2 were better. I keep going back to it thinking there is something I'm not getting, but nope, it sucks. The default does what it's trying to do a lot better. The increased damage comes at a silly cost and the gun seems very quirky.

I can't think of the situation in which it would be netter than the other two. Certainly not close combat, and certainly not ranged. The parasite siphon distance is abysmally smaller than the other two, you practically have to be kissing them for it to be active. The duration is also horribly shorter than the other two guns. It only does damage when you rreach a threshold, but by then you have no ammo left to shoot, and even then it no longer siphons.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 11:46:44 PM by Level9Drow »

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 21, 2018, 12:22:11 AM
It's the same, I've heard, with Doldren's rare.

Quanrian

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 21, 2018, 02:41:24 AM
The situation it's better than the other two is when you have overhealth. The other two guns will do next to nothing during that phase but since that gun can 'switch' it's possible to use it in conjunction with your overhealth. It's definitely something you would use to focus almost entirely on very close range combat. So, you're adding more risk for more possible gains in CQC. Although, I doubt it is a gun many will master because as you put it the benefits do not seem to outweigh the risks.