Author Topic: newbie and intermediate players guide  (Read 8062 times)

Treycol1

• HiYa raiders
    • View Profile
newbie and intermediate players guide
on: December 16, 2017, 07:36:36 PM
listen up newbies and intermediates, lol tired of losing and want to win take this advice

1.) choose the right faction classes
choosing the right classes can change the tide of battle
the broken planet natives( alien) have good ranged weapons but shouldn't be used for hand to hand because of their health(60%)
the wardogs are all around, they are the easiest to use
the hades division specialize in assault class type warfare, the have high melee hit damage and can use weapons easily
the filth council are obliviously heavy type classes, super slow, but high weapon damage and basic melee damage
2.) we using melee learn how to parry, flee, and dodge
parrying on works when a antagonist or specialize soldier is using a grapple, you cannot and I repeat cannot dodge a grapple, dodging is for quickly get out of melee fights not grapples, when you see a antagonist or soldier winning the melee encounter flee
3.) learn how to use your raider
the d-pad up button teaches you this
4.) find a crew
getting to know people can take you a long way lol

farewell from your fellow mentor and beta testing badass lol have fun on the broken planet and get both your antagonist and raider rank up

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Re: newbie and intermediate players guide
Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 09:27:51 PM
If wanting to melee with the aliens, then they have cards that make this drastically easier (and Shae can just grab people at the edge of bewitch radius ...they don't notice her.  You can even grab those scared snipers that teleport.  )

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 02:43:43 AM
If you're going to melee with them I wouldn't suggest doing anything you wouldn't do in a stealth game because that is their playstyle. Melee with a group is incredibly ill advised and will get you killed by either NPCs or even the lowest skill Antagonist. To them, you're just candy in a baby hand.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 05:46:32 PM
They're more capable in melee then other classes with fewer hit cards or trickyness.  (With few exceptions..such as HIVE, who lives in melee.)

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 10:42:06 PM
with my current card setup on Doldren, my strikes can deal 66 damage by default after materializing. With an aleph boost I can deal 108 damage with 1 strike, which will totally murder most things. Haven't gotten to try the boost yet.
Alien cards are incredibly powerful to make up for their weak stature.