Author Topic: The "Devs of this game are so incompetent they..." or "Your momma" thread  (Read 4977 times)

Derclaw

• View Profile
"Devs of this game are so incompetent they...":
- announced removal of founder pack on 12-th of november but it's still up on Steam on 14-th. (You just don't bloody care about such minor stuff as keeping your word, don't you - or that was some sort of bait and switch to get last money squeez from those who were on edge and now that it wasn't enough you decided to keep it - but now nobody can trust ANY of your words even on stuff that you can remove\disable on a whim)
Ok they fixed pinned post on twitter. Baby steps folks.

- released character that costs 60$ in ingame currency with skin costing 40$ (You just don't bloody care that its bloody insanity to ask 60$ for a single char or 40$ for a skin)

- made playing antagonist mandatory for PvE progression, while keeping Antagonist unrewarding, dull, futile expirience vs coordinated teams (and currently thre are mostly coordinated teams in game).
(So you are forced to play him to get new guns for PvE, because otherwise NOBODY would waste their time on that feature, because devs cant care less to make playing Antagonist rewarding in its own right, without forcing EVERYONE to spend their lives playing as one, even if you bloody HATE the expirience, but I guess... you just don't bloody care)
(BTW - you are aware that your Antagonist feature is imbalanced vs coordinated teams right? Like its bloody impossible to win as Antagonist vs team of 4 people on Teamspeak. As long as Antagonist stays as "just a raider" in terms of HP, prone to being grabbed and causes less mobs to spawn - the only way to get stigmatas now will be farming 00's in starting mission or preying on off-beat newbie in a team of vets - making life of that newbie living nightmare and causing him to ragequit)

- dicided to split comunity with episodic releases in multyplayer game. Instead of adding some sort of restriction on rewards for not owning the campaing they just outright deny access - and that wont go well once you will release more episodes, but I guess... you just don't bloody care.

- abandoned this forum and never reply when people are legitimately upset about things in game
(and guess what - people see how much care is given and... leave. Your community managers are useless - they dont manage the community and just let frustration and desperation grow, they just post your facebook news and dont do their bloody jobs at MANAGING YOUR COMMUNITY, but I guess... you just don't bloody care)

- forgot that they ARE NOT F2P title to begin with - yet think they for some reason should include F2P style grinding
(reality check for you devs - we paid you money, we want to play and feel rewarded for playing the game we ALREADY PAID you money for. 150+ wins where you only take gold, and since every one and their dog takes gold now - cause you made way too bloody MUCH STUFF to be gold purchase - it will be more like 300+ wins to unlock a character who you made a wooping 360 000g, but I guess... you just don't bloody care).

- were unable to implement "pay the difference to get founderpack"  for those who just bought "Alien Myth" and decided that they now have enough faith to fully commit. ("Where there's a will there's a way" - you just don't bloody care, admit it.)

I think I am starting to see some sort of pattern here.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 03:26:11 PM by Derclaw »

Gizun

• View Profile
I see your point, agree pretty much on everything... buuuuuut, as someone once said before: "they won't bloody care", not about the post or the problems in the post....

SygBoss

• View Profile
They said on twitter that they extended the founders pack for a few extra days because people requested it.

As for the rest, you make a lot of good points, but i'm not sure why you felt the need to present it in such an obnoxious way. I understand that you're frustrated, but remember that you're talking to real people. I'd quite like to see you repost it with all the dickery removed actually, because I think most of what you said about the game itself is spot on.

Derclaw

• View Profile
I don't want to. I am human and I have feelings and emotions.
Right now that is what I feel about game - and yes, with how devs reply (or don't reply) to those issues - that makes me adamant in my opinion that very little care given to what players find off-putting, and devs just stubbornly trying to do "their thing" and that "they know best".

Players are real people too, yet devs treat us like we are "white noise" who doesn't deserve a reply, even if we are those who had enough faith and stupidity to buy into unfinished product. I personnaly have NO IDEA if anything we post here goes anywhere or this is just a hell-hole for venting up frustration, not unlike Steam community section.

If devs would be more open to dialog - then maybe I wouldn't make it so "obnoxious". As of now - they aren't, so "obnoxious" it stays. Once it changes and I have a good feeling that I can trust anything they say again, that our feedback matters and that we treated as customers who already purchased their "product" - then I wll change tone of my posts too, not the other way around.

It's also a job of community manager to not let frustartion boil to the point of such outrage in the first place. I understand that programmers and lead designers may be ill suited for monitoring forums - but hey, they hired community managers who are bad at their jobs.

I am way past the point of being neutral. I like the game, I want game to be great - but my frustartion with development team grows with each passing day and each decision they make.

I kid you not - when they announced that Founder pack will be gone on 12-th way back there - I was ready to bet my money on "They just gonna shut the whole thing down and "Thx for all your money, losers!" - thats how low my expectations are right now, and how little faith I have for the devs to start saving their stupid game and fixing some of their outright mind-blowing mistakes.

And lets not forget - those who bought founder packs currently have just a quarter of what they paid for with not a single word from dev team on how likely they are to see the rest, or if devs gonna be decent enough to pull "Amazing eternals" refund deal if they will fail at delivering what people bought into.

Releasing skins or characters that cost like whole "founder pack" or even more is a huge red flag - atleast for me - that devs STILL have no idea on how they want to monetize whole thing.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 03:51:06 PM by Derclaw »

Licherus

• View Profile
I'm bloody agree. They just don't bloody care. It's bloody sad.

Drimakus

• View Profile

MSE_Amat

• MercurySteam Developer
    • View Profile
Meeting in a forum to exchange and validate ideas with each other is a very solid way to gain knowledge. We share our opinions, we hope other people come to challenge them and, eventually, we all get a better understanding of the topic at hand.

You make good points. You also use aggressive words that make it hard for other people to participate and validate them. That would make each argument gather more force. I don't blame you for having feelings. It clearly transpires that you care about the game. However, a little less aggression will get more people participating and a better debate going on.

That being said, the points you make are fair. We're working on a number of changes that will address the economy, antagonist progression, community divides, gold offer vs. demand balance and much more.

Forum-goers are some of our most informed and knowledgeable users. If we listed these changes here right away, that would only target a subset of informed users. We are working on communicating these changes to an audience as wide as possible, and that is why it will take a little longer until we can release all the specifics.

BloodNekoKiux

• View Profile
Meeting in a forum to exchange and validate ideas with each other is a very solid way to gain knowledge. We share our opinions, we hope other people come to challenge them and, eventually, we all get a better understanding of the topic at hand.

You make good points. You also use aggressive words that make it hard for other people to participate and validate them. That would make each argument gather more force. I don't blame you for having feelings. It clearly transpires that you care about the game. However, a little less aggression will get more people participating and a better debate going on.

That being said, the points you make are fair. We're working on a number of changes that will address the economy, antagonist progression, community divides, gold offer vs. demand balance and much more.

Forum-goers are some of our most informed and knowledgeable users. If we listed these changes here right away, that would only target a subset of informed users. We are working on communicating these changes to an audience as wide as possible, and that is why it will take a little longer until we can release all the specifics.

Thank you for the update, and for letting us know what you and your team are working on.

Argentil

• View Profile
It's really encouraging to receive word from the team, even if it's nothing concrete, it's appreciated. Please continue to engage with the community as you have the past few days. Just knowing that we're not haplessly shouting into the void has really improved my attitude toward the team and game in general.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 01:21:07 PM by Argentil »

Derclaw

• View Profile
Good to know. But as Argentil said - nothing concrete now. Let's see what you have in stock - then I will be more then eager to start erasing points of concern from here.

Derclaw

• View Profile
Part 2:
- hype single card for faction\character for weeks without end, when those card are unimaginative, ill tested crap that delute pool of usefull cards. (Have you even tested your cards before shipping? Like what that "Heal 100 after 4 seconds of being hit with a firearm" is supposed to do? It doesnt bring you up from bleedout state, it procs when you don't need it from chip dmg and overall its clunky as hell - you are better of using basic regen boost).

I am not sure if I am talking for majority of players - but thats not grand news that you savour for days or weeks, Thats not a content to expirience that is worth "hyping". It personally annoys me that twitter and facebook is filled with filler that just screams - "We are wasting your time! We are doing it to make it look like that something is going on! We have nothing interesting to show, so we will show you old stuff, that didn't make it into final game! Isn't it exciting?". No, it kinda not - we are actual content starved at this point - show us what MADE into the game and when we will be able to actually play it.

Show us real deal - new campaing, new chars, stuff that actually interesting, that we can discuss between each other. Card that makes you deal 30% more dmg after you were deadweight for your team for past 10 seconds is not something worth hyping for four days.

- keep randomly resetting earned stigmatas and ranks for their stupid antagonist system without any atempt to reach for the players or make it known issue or maybe do something about the fact that some people were desperate to get even slightest ammout of stigmatas to craft guns for their PvE, but they can't - cause you keep randomly resetting.
No stigmatas were returned, neither was antagonist rank prerequest removed during perior when you sort out your own bloody system, and no apology were given for wasting people time even more then you already do with current antagonist system.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 10:18:49 PM by Derclaw »