Author Topic: Griefers on Hanging By A Thread  (Read 2766 times)

Argentil

• View Profile
Griefers on Hanging By A Thread
on: November 07, 2017, 03:08:23 PM
I've encountered two different players now who continuously jump off the map in Hanging By A Thread and triggering survive mode. After triggering the third survive mode, he just disconnected. This leaves the remaining players at a huge disadvantage, and it led to our inevitable loss. I know you probably have a policy against witch hunts, but the name of the player that spurred me to make this post is "E785-C3N5-LP5M"

There needs to be some form of in game vote-to-kick to prevent this abuse. I've seen this happen twice on Hanging By A Thread, when an antagonist hasn't been assigned to the game. I suspect they're either griefing the team, or trying to end the game quickly because they know the rewards will be lower.

It should be easy to automatically detect and kick (and eventually suspend, if they repeat the behaviour) these players. If they aren't contributing, or die a certain number of times from jumping off the map, they should be flagged. Ideally, in-game reporting would be a quick fix for the problem.

Victorray

• View Profile
Re: Griefers on Hanging By A Thread
Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 03:14:50 PM
I agree, because it gets extremely annoying when you lose because of something so dumb

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Argentil

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 03:28:42 PM
I agree, because it gets extremely annoying when you lose because of something so dumb

Yup, and it also doesn't leave a good impression to all the new players joining the game and trying out the Prologue level.

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 04:45:20 PM
Hi Argentil!

Thank you for reporting this, we just need to know in which platform did you see the player. We don't consent abusive or inappropiate behaviour at the game.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 04:48:21 PM by MSE_KarenHB »

Argentil

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 04:49:06 PM
PS4, I don't recall if the offender was a steam or PS4 user though.

Edit: I remembered I'd recorded the game, there was no PC symbol next to their name, so I assume they were also on PS4.

GerCarrigan

• Gamer with Passion
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 07, 2017, 04:51:01 PM
I agree that a kick/vote and a reportfunction would be very useful