Author Topic: L9D vs A2099  (Read 5248 times)

Angeles2099

• PSN:Angeles2099 "Turn experience into Power"
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
L9D vs A2099
on: December 19, 2018, 08:01:25 AM
I love it when you see a familiar "face" in this game.  I got to say I didn't think I was going to run into you Level9Drow lol. I was like Oh hey its you awesome. I know you weren't trying, sucks that you had to babysit.

Its been a while since I used Shae, I forgot that with the gun I was using, you have to wait till the gun fully locks on for maximum damage but instead I was spamming the hell out of it.

By the way in hindsight I feel really bad for killing you guys.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm7cHaqPj58
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 09:19:51 AM by Angeles2099 »

ArnoldCat

• View Profile
Re: L9D vs A2099
Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 09:09:03 AM
Well Level9Drow, looks like you are a superstar now.
Can i have your autograph?

But yeah, its nice to play with familiar faces, you know the match gonna be great because the team actually knows what to do.

I remember when i play with Level9Drow and 4nal Maniac on no reservations, while i was killing the mobs on the bridge with Valeria/squidlord, passing to the next platform, Drow was flexing hes muscles with Loaht and 4nal Maniac trying to rape my Valeria with Lycus...

Silly things but was something to remember.  ;D

Image not related, only to remember the old days with Level4Drow XD

(Right clic on the image and open in new tab to full sice)

Angeles2099

• PSN:Angeles2099 "Turn experience into Power"
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Reply #2 on: December 19, 2018, 09:45:21 AM
holy hell you guys played way way back.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 19, 2018, 05:40:05 PM
I tried getting them to surrender so many times...

I had entered that match after dealing with losing Enemy within from two new players and a medium against only AI. I carried them and I was building Hedes faction and they lost the match because they couldn't handle the Uras monsters. I even decided to do nothing but focus on killing the monsters and we lost anyways because new players. I was livid.

Then I got into this match here you see above and saw my team and the antag. I wasn't thrilled we had an antag, but I said fuck it and played and actually tried in the beginning, if you remember I actually got you. But, hen we started to get picked apart. I didn't feel like dealing with bullshit for 20 minutes and being rewarded garbage for it so I tried over and over to surrender. They didn't take. Suiciding is wrong of course, but no one said I had to play optimally, not playing your best isn't against the rules and I was pissed at these Raiders. I think the worst thing I did in that match was kill you with a 5 stack and then get rid of the Aleph, which I did out of anger at the others for getting train grabbed so easily over and over. But, after I jumped off with a 5 stack, I felt it was pretty shitty thing to do and felt ashamed and stopped.

So, I played like a new player. I mean, if they knew what they were doing I would have continued to try hard, and this has happened many times before even if I didn't want an antag. But this team, ugh... nah, I gave up. I didn't want to be tilted more than the last match already put me.

That was a TERRIBLE session. I immediately began lowering my MMR as peaceful antag after that. Then I went to  play Secret of Mana instead. Thanks for being a bit sympathetic.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 06:07:56 PM by Level9Drow »

PohtHehd

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 19, 2018, 07:21:22 PM
That was a TERRIBLE session. I immediately began lowering my MMR as peaceful antag after that. Then I went to  play Secret of Mana instead. Thanks for being a bit sympathetic.

Oh shit, you got the remake of Secret of Mana?

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: December 19, 2018, 07:30:56 PM

Yea, it's $40 on Steam. It got a lot of criticism, but I don't see why. They say it looks bad, but it actually brings a lot more depth (no pun intended) to what they were intending to portray in the 16 bit version. They also say it's too easy. Have they played the original one ever? This statement leads me to believe they never played the original. It's actually a tiny bit harder at certain points. If you were a fan of the original I recommend this remake. I'm having a blast. The remade music sucks, but you can revert to original music. The English dubbed is a bit awkward, but you can have it in Japanese with english subs.

Hopes that helps Poh.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 07:37:30 PM by Level9Drow »

PohtHehd

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: December 19, 2018, 07:52:00 PM

Yea, it's $40 on Steam. It got a lot of criticism, but I don't see why. They say it looks bad, but it actually brings a lot more depth (no pun intended) to what they were intending to portray in the 16 bit version. They also say it's too easy. Have they played the original one ever? This statement leads me to believe they never played the original. It's actually a tiny bit harder at certain points. If you were a fan of the original I recommend this remake. I'm having a blast. The remade music sucks, but you can revert to original music. The English dubbed is a bit awkward, but you can have it in Japanese with english subs.

Hopes that helps Poh.

That was my jam back in the day, can't wait to try it!

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: December 19, 2018, 08:47:00 PM
Sure SoM is good.... but Seiken Densetsu 3 is where it's at!

Thread has been totally derailed haha

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: December 19, 2018, 08:56:30 PM

I never got to play that one, which is a shame. I picked back up with Legend of Mana, which is also a really good one. I wish they would make a modern up to date sequel to the Seiken Densetsu series with a new story, new characters and graphics on par with Dragon Quest 11 for the current generation platforms. This is a dream of mine.

PohtHehd

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: December 19, 2018, 09:45:58 PM

Emulation is illegal, Draco. ;p

I played Seiken Densetsu 3 with a buddy quite a few years ago..geez like 15 years ago..and we played it to completion over an intense day and a half. One of my favorite games and easily one of the best SNES RPGs.

Horribly underrated and unknown though thanks to Squaresoft. Without Neil Corlett I doubt I'd ever get the chance to play it.

Placelord

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: December 20, 2018, 01:14:20 AM
Is the SoM remake couch co op like the original?

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: December 20, 2018, 01:17:27 AM
Is the SoM remake couch co op like the original?

Yes. You will need to get more controllers.