Author Topic: Smoking Daisy invisible bullets glitch  (Read 4946 times)

Placelord

• View Profile
Smoking Daisy invisible bullets glitch
on: December 17, 2018, 05:13:08 PM
I had an issue with the smoking Daisy weapon on destroyer of worlds. There was no graphical feedback from firing my weapon. The projectiles and particles were invisible. It seemed kind of like the hitbox from the bullets didn't exist either sometimes, but I might've been missing my shots.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Re: Smoking Daisy invisible bullets glitch
Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 08:00:34 PM
I noticed the same thing for Lycus Dyon'es Shit Happens. The fired the evil fireballs and at first I thought they weren't shooting, but then I realized enemies were taking damage and they were just invisible.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 08:13:56 PM

Also, one of y'all gotta change your forum avatar. 2 Bruce Campbells enter, one man leaves!

ArnoldCat

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 09:30:34 PM

Also, one of y'all gotta change your forum avatar. 2 Bruce Campbells enter, one man leaves!

I agree, it's very annoying when 2 people uses the same avatar.

PohtHehd

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 17, 2018, 10:12:32 PM
When the answers to forum questions can only be found on the discord server one begins to wonder what the point of the forums are.

It took a community member who spends time in both for this information to arise.

The fuck.

ArnoldCat

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: December 17, 2018, 10:24:21 PM
@PohtHehd

That is true, i come everyday to the official forum because it's supposed to have all the relevant info about bugs, glitches and problems in general, but now i see the "unnoficial discord server" (and i remark UNNOFICIAL) have more info than the official forum.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: December 18, 2018, 01:32:36 AM
LordDracoCat3 and Level9Placelord.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: December 18, 2018, 01:55:59 AM

I agree, it's very annoying when 2 people uses the same avatar.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: December 18, 2018, 01:59:11 AM
And this post was made today, I just reply fast. Devs would answer this thread eventually, but there had already been multiple reports of this kind of issue made in discord. Me wanting to help fellow community members shouldn't make devs look bad. They have business hours, I don't.

The post in discord regarding this issue was made 6 hours before this thread existed. To be even more specific, this thread was started shortly after 5PM Spain time, they would have already left for the day, I'm pretty sure. Chill, my dudes.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 02:05:04 AM by LordDraco3 »

PohtHehd

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: December 18, 2018, 03:15:59 PM
Draco is right, we shouldn't take a community member's response as fact towards any one action.

But the fact that they are relying on that type of dissemination of information seems..lazy and obtuse. Not the effort of a group of professionals.

Arnold is right also. Something that is official should be given higher priority over something that is unofficial.

There hasn't been any MSE activity here since SpaceGuilds dropped, though. I doubt we will see anything soon that has any sort of weight.

For now, it seems that if you want to be clued in then you must use the discord. Since..there still hasn't been an official response to this thread but there has been one on the discord and the discord response was almost immediate. That is bogus.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 03:27:40 PM by PohtHehd »

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: December 18, 2018, 06:00:11 PM
True, but please please please keep in mind that this is an indie game by very experienced but indie developers. I'm not trying to white knight but keep the situation in context, we're not talking about UB Soft, EA or even Actablizz.

PohtHehd

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: December 18, 2018, 07:05:23 PM
True, but please please please keep in mind that this is an indie game by very experienced but indie developers. I'm not trying to white knight but keep the situation in context, we're not talking about UB Soft, EA or even Actablizz.

True, MSE has published this game by themselves but we are talking about a 100+ person development team. So, technically you're correct they are independent. But they are far from a small company.

Also, https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Mercury-Steam-Entertainment-EI_IE556029.11,38.htm

Not having a publisher doesn't always mean you're the good guy and it seems that not having a publisher has hurt Mercury Steam Entertainment very badly. Next time you start to wonder why things don't make sense with design decisions just check out the most recent review.

My point is that nothing is ever as it seems and the lack of communication from MSE is just one of those things I feel should be addressed. And a full day has passed without this thread being addressed by MSE, let alone someone even saying that Draco was correct to post that message from the discord.

For all we know, Draco could have made up the whole thing. A lot of us know and trust Draco so we don't go to that conclusion but there is not really any evidence showing that Draco's post has any bearing on this thread or Placelord's dilemma.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 07:41:27 PM by PohtHehd »

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: December 18, 2018, 08:09:45 PM
The reviews are so misinformed to. I think that a lot of the time game journalist get special treatment by big developers and this "bribery" causes good reviews by shills like Kotaku, IGN, etc... When indie developers that make tripple A quality, like Spacelords, they expect their "tithes" and "lamb meat" or else they give it bad reviews. 8 and 16 bit retro indie games get off the hook because consumers can easily criticize their criticism because "it's meant to be retro".

Also, lets not forget that Spacelords didn't bow down to the gods of the Politically Correct and so probably don't have the favor of the same Leftist shill journals (I'm not partisan by the way and would be considered center left, but can recognize the puritanical zealotry of the far left and right, so no one think I am an enemy of the moderate left or right, I just hate censoring and PC shaming). And so they may give dishonest negative reviews which influence many players who are unaware of the culture war that infects gaming these days.

From what I've seen from videos that are normal players discovering this game is that they really like it, and I don't blame them in this age of the great Evil Ones EA, Actablizzard, UB-soft and sadly now Bethesda. no loot boxes and only cosmetic micro-transactions, still sore about load-outs though. Many players exhausted from companies making games for shareholders instead of gamers are happy to see a game like this.

So the reviews are definitely a nuanced issue and I take them with a grain of salt. This is one of the original and interesting games I've played in years and years. But that's just me.

Placelord

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: December 19, 2018, 05:19:22 AM
That's cool that is a known issue that isn't too damaging.

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: January 10, 2019, 04:23:46 PM
Hi guys!

I would like to shed some light on this issue. As you might have noticed, I don't spend a lot of time at Discord. I try to have more presence there but I'm usually the person responsible for the forums and I employ most of my time in our social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.).

The reason why you noticed there were less interaction in the forums during december was because I had to manage other tasks while one of my workmates was out. I apologize if you felt unattented at some point, we do our best to cover all the fronts, but sometimes it takes a little more time (plus the studio closed for holidays).

As you can see, there are a lot of developers in Discord since it's faster than going to the forum and they can solve a single doubt in a second. It doesn't mean we don't pay attention to the forums, but that the developers are working like crazy. Though it's not "official" because it's managed by the community, we treat it as such.

So what do I do? I check all the forum threads and speak with the design team, so I can translate to you what they want to say/explain/clarify. But they are also interested in your concerns, they know there a lot of veteran players, as well as newcomers, talking about very important issues. So when they have time, they answer by themselves (like Ojuel or JVela, for example).

Right now I'm catching up (there are a lot of issues because of holidays) so, please, be patient, and thank you all for your support! :)