Author Topic: Your Community  (Read 4736 times)

loadedterror13

• View Profile
Your Community
on: September 30, 2017, 10:39:49 PM
Devs,
   Come on, So many of us have paid into this game buy purchasing the founders pack. I'm sure like many others, I am quite upset with this product. I am hooked on the game but this game could be amazing  but I feel more thought was put into "How can we get more money of the players" than actual content. Having the different characters and classes is cool, but you FORCING us to play as the antagonist (A lot) just to get rank for new weapons is pathetic. After 3 days I finally  got into a match today as the Antagonist. I didn't do to well, my kills were in the 30s and I didn't get a single thing for it. Secondly, My brother an I both bought the founders pack, yet we have to sit in our lobby for 45 min or longer waiting for a match and then after the long wait it puts in Hanging by a thread for 50th time. Also having issues with blue prints I won not showing  up, cards Ive bought just disappearing , levels Ive unlocked-relocking and telling me I cant play them. I'm really hoping yall looked into games like WarFrame and what not  before creating this wonder/nightmare product. Warframe is a picture perfect example of what Devs caring can do to build a gaming community. This adventure you have started with this game will end as fast as it began if you do not make changes and make them soon. Oh and one last thing, We the players and Founders who bought into this game deserve to have special items or characters or skins, SOME THING, anything that is not given to normal season pass holders, and I'm not talking about , "Oh here they can just unlock this worthless chick 10 days early " That is laziness pure and simple. You have showed potential and peeked the interest of the masses so live up to it, deliver or at least start to show you care or you better be ready to be looked at like you are a section of Electronic Arts.  Thanks for your time.

Rhynerd

• Raider as of 6/10, if that means anything.
    • View Profile
Re: Your Community
Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 02:34:18 AM
I can agree that there should be a way to unlock guns without playing antagonist.
I think the losses you're experiencing should probably be taken up with the bug report section of the forums and the discord.
I don't think Mikah's worthless.
Also, I think another issue that could be addressed here is the fact that you can only buy extra loadouts with real money at the moment.

SilentNny

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 09:40:51 PM
Whats going on, I am the other half of the dynamic duo of gamers known as LoadedTerror13 and SilentNny.

After playing this game for 10+ hours and almost immediately after its public release. I have a lot to say. However most of it has been covered by LoadedTerror13.  I have a love hate relationship with this game in its current state. I thoroughly enjoy the concept and the characters are relatively unique in nature.

Experienced issues
The rock paper scissor system appears to be broken or it just doesn't work 75% of the time. Not just with other players but with enemy NPC's.

Getting into a game has taken up to 30 minutes whether it be an antagonist match or a raider match. Also after waiting 30 plus minutes for an antagonist match I gave up.

Antagonist rank and weapon building. It seems a bit awkward to need a random rank and gold to build a weapon in a game. Now requiring a relevant rank.. such as a raider rank for a raider weapon before you can build a weapon, now that is more of a normal concept. Also can't seem to find any reason to have Raider rank if it is not for the purpose of making your characters stronger.

The weekly Antagonist tournament is a strange concept. Because not only now do you have to play a different type of match that doesn't award faction, character points, or even gold. If you lose a match or lose you place in the tournament you still are unable to build the weapon you worked so hard for. Also losing a match as an antagonist gets you nothing in return.

This is all i can think of right now. We want this game to become a huge success.
Thanks!
Nny

Devs,
   Come on, So many of us have paid into this game buy purchasing the founders pack. I'm sure like many others, I am quite upset with this product. I am hooked on the game but this game could be amazing  but I feel more thought was put into "How can we get more money of the players" than actual content. Having the different characters and classes is cool, but you FORCING us to play as the antagonist (A lot) just to get rank for new weapons is pathetic. After 3 days I finally  got into a match today as the Antagonist. I didn't do to well, my kills were in the 30s and I didn't get a single thing for it. Secondly, My brother an I both bought the founders pack, yet we have to sit in our lobby for 45 min or longer waiting for a match and then after the long wait it puts in Hanging by a thread for 50th time. Also having issues with blue prints I won not showing  up, cards Ive bought just disappearing , levels Ive unlocked-relocking and telling me I cant play them. I'm really hoping yall looked into games like WarFrame and what not  before creating this wonder/nightmare product. Warframe is a picture perfect example of what Devs caring can do to build a gaming community. This adventure you have started with this game will end as fast as it began if you do not make changes and make them soon. Oh and one last thing, We the players and Founders who bought into this game deserve to have special items or characters or skins, SOME THING, anything that is not given to normal season pass holders, and I'm not talking about , "Oh here they can just unlock this worthless chick 10 days early " That is laziness pure and simple. You have showed potential and peeked the interest of the masses so live up to it, deliver or at least start to show you care or you better be ready to be looked at like you are a section of Electronic Arts.  Thanks for your time.

4nalManiac

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 09:58:35 PM
+1

Cobra_Laser_Face

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 03, 2017, 12:29:46 AM
I HATE the Antagonist system. I am not good at PvP.  I love the Co-op, though! But having to have a Rank in the Antagonist league so that you can craft a Weapon? I just...I can't even describe the level of frustration I am having. The above mentioned wait period for a match, and THEN...having to wait for the ANTAGONIST to pop up...!

But it GETS BETTER.

You are BERATED, by the GAME, for DOING POORLY. It's a whole level of gaming FRUSTRATION that I thought I'd never have to deal with(sure, I suck at some things and know it...but I don't need a game to tell me how horrible I did :/ ).

And here is the BEST PART, FOLKS...

You get NOTHING from even participating as an ANTAGONIST. How GREAT is that?!/sarcasm

It's beyond infuriating, as I fell in LOVE with the Style of this game. Everything is solid...save the ANTAGONIST system. It's a poor implementation.

WARFRAME was mentioned above. It is a very good example of how this stuff can be DONE right. Make a PvP arena like the ones listed below...but please...like so many others, we want the ANTAGONIST system gone. It's a BAD IDEA, and willl drive the players away from this game(which I, like the above, have a LOVE/HATE relationship with, as I bought the Founder's Pack, because I believe in the Vision for this Game).

alef321

• Fun is the priority
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 03, 2017, 12:45:56 AM
every implementation of the reward system on this is a kick in the balls

-getting blueprints
-you only get 1 currency
-the currency is shared
-if you don't get the blueprint,you don't get shite
-you don't get anything as antagonsit regarding currency

loadedterror13

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 03, 2017, 02:59:09 AM
Guys, I created this thread and a few others, Ive sent several messages to the studio as well. Tonight the studio reached out to me and I had the chance to talk to them for a while. We went over all the issues I had previously stated and more. I felt like the conversation went pretty well. The Devs claim they are working on practical solutions to all these problems we are having. We also talked about the special events, discounts on the skins and tweaks to other things. It felt pretty good to get to represent those of us that have paid into the game by buying the founders pack. MercurySteam says they want this game to be something that we and the studio can be proud of. My faith and hope has been restored in this game and time will tell what kind of an impact our conversation had. They are seeing our frustration and it does seem like they care about this community but again, only time will tell. For now I will keep playing this game in hopes it can reach the potential we all see in it.

Seventh

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 03, 2017, 03:09:23 AM
Guys, I created this thread and a few others, Ive sent several messages to the studio as well. Tonight the studio reached out to me and I had the chance to talk to them for a while. We went over all the issues I had previously stated and more. I felt like the conversation went pretty well. The Devs claim they are working on practical solutions to all these problems we are having. We also talked about the special events, discounts on the skins and tweaks to other things. It felt pretty good to get to represent those of us that have paid into the game by buying the founders pack. MercurySteam says they want this game to be something that we and the studio can be proud of. My faith and hope has been restored in this game and time will tell what kind of an impact our conversation had. They are seeing our frustration and it does seem like they care about this community but again, only time will tell. For now I will keep playing this game in hopes it can reach the potential we all see in it.

Private messaging 1 person isn't a good way to show they care... but at least it's a start, I guess. Lets see if any positive change will actually happen.

alef321

• Fun is the priority
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 03, 2017, 03:09:40 AM
thanks loadedterror13!!!
I really want this to fly like warframe did ( I bought then the founders back when it was on alpha) ,look at where they are now!

a game must always evolve and never get cozy into it's system or else you'll see another hawken/evolve/battleborn/many others.
what I trully love and many others that tried get the same feel is that MercurySteam LOVES RaidersoftheBrokenplanet , it's not a money making scheme, it's a legit passion project of many.

Cobra_Laser_Face

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: October 03, 2017, 04:02:02 AM
I couldn't agree more. I happened across the art style and was blown away. When I played it...fell in LOVE with the tangible and gritty comic book style feel of RoTBP.

I LOVE the characters. Each has their own distinct personality, and are very unique. You can tell that MercurySteam put ALOT of passion, blood, sweat and tears into this game. Visually it is a FEAST for the EYES!

I'm glad they reached out and responded to Loaded.

Hopefully they'll listen to those of us Founders, and know that we come from a place of love, and joy. We WANT THIS GAME TO BE AMAZING, and SUPER, RIDICULOUSLY FUN.

Kid Dracula

• Vampire Overlord
  • MercurySteam Developer
  • Enough Talk! Have at you!
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: October 03, 2017, 12:18:21 PM
Everyone at the Studio is reading these forums daily and whilst we may not reply to every post, we are taking them all very seriously and over the coming weeks and months you will see we are listening and more importantly, we are acting on your feedback. Proof is always in the pudding and actions always speak louder than words but we hope you will continue to help us and offer us your valuable input to make the game better.

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: October 03, 2017, 12:35:10 PM
Great news, big thanks to all of you!