Author Topic: Harec buff  (Read 2639 times)

Grx112

• View Profile
Harec buff
on: September 26, 2017, 07:24:28 PM
As the lead protagonist of the game Harec feels slightly underpowered in comparison to his allies that excell really well in the game. In my time of playing I've realized that all characters strive well in campaign but very few actually perform well as an antagonist. I would discuss all those who I feel are underpowered in PvP but I'll do an individual post for them.

Harec's kit is amazing no doubt. His stealthy gameplay is suitable for mostly every stage I've seen so far. I intend to use him throughout all my campaign adventures. My issue however is that even if you play him at a high skill cap he struggles immensely as an Antagonist (I'm on xbox btw). Harec's stalk placement is crucial before engaging as range is his game. However, when he is detected he is punished easily. His low health makes him too squishy and usually leaves him at a 50% chance of survival (I could go lower). But what lowers his chances of survival even more is his predictability. Players are allowed to see where he will return which is insanely unfair in my opinion, defeats the purpose of his stealthy playstyle.
My suggestion:
- Rework Harec's stalk to keep the returning marker invisible from the raiders and allow him to choose where he wants to teleport back.
- Buff Harec's health to 80-100 hp
- Add a "scoped sensitivity" option to allow for faster and more fluid sniping for better reaction time (since people like Alicia exist)
- Allow Harec's scope to reset the damage multiplier if the shot is not taken instead of decreasing it back to the default value (it wastes a lot of time he could spend to line up a shot instead having to reset by re-scoping).
These are the only known issues I currently have playing this character and as a Harec main it would be nice to see him more balanced out so he can take on the more OP characters.

GGFreak

• View Profile
Re: Harec buff
Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 02:38:14 AM
while I do agree that Harec feels somewhat underpowered as the antagonist, I don't think any of the proposals you made would really make him fair, but slightly OP instead. I would instead suggest removing the smoke trail that indicates his inbetween of being in stalking position or returning to his original spot. That would allow Harec to be much more stealthy with his stalking setups since people can't just trace the big black blob flying through the air and then instantly shoot him down when he arrives at his stalking spot.

Two other options would be; making the teleport back and forth much faster, making it easier and more interesting to time the ability so the enemy doesn't see it. Or just making the smoke trail less obvious. Removing it completely seems a little overkill for me when looking at it from the raiders point of view, so just making it smaller and faster would probably work better and be more fair for both parties.

JeedyJay

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 08:48:38 AM
I think the biggest problem Harec has is one general to the Broken Planet Locals character faction - having 60 HP. This is fine for long-range gunfights, because they're also really stealthy, but causes them to die in two punches. There are three solutions I can think of for this - give them stronger melee attacks to turn them into glass cannons, faster and farther dodges to help them go defensive, or give them enough melee damage resistance (like the Fifth Council gunfire resistance) to let them take one additional punch. I like the second of those, myself.

Grx112

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 08:19:32 PM
while I do agree that Harec feels somewhat underpowered as the antagonist, I don't think any of the proposals you made would really make him fair, but slightly OP instead. I would instead suggest removing the smoke trail that indicates his inbetween of being in stalking position or returning to his original spot. That would allow Harec to be much more stealthy with his stalking setups since people can't just trace the big black blob flying through the air and then instantly shoot him down when he arrives at his stalking spot.

Two other options would be; making the teleport back and forth much faster, making it easier and more interesting to time the ability so the enemy doesn't see it. Or just making the smoke trail less obvious. Removing it completely seems a little overkill for me when looking at it from the raiders point of view, so just making it smaller and faster would probably work better and be more fair for both parties.
It is fair considering we have raiders like Shae who could completely go invisible to the enemy. The disappearance of his stalk Mark isn't OP at the slightest given that the smoke trail is still visible and can once again be countered by Shae's bewitched. If it had no counters then it would be OP no doubt but that's how the game is meant to played, by counter picking against the antagonist.