Author Topic: Spacelords causes PS4 fan to run loudly  (Read 3403 times)

immortanjoe

• View Profile
Spacelords causes PS4 fan to run loudly
on: December 07, 2018, 06:30:10 PM
The PS4 fan becomes super loud on Spacelords as recently as 12/6/2018 (last play session). Been having this occur consistently since I started playing a few months ago. Many times it is not even during gameplay, but in the home screen, loading screen, hideout screen, etc. The only game of my ps4 game library that equals it noise-wise is the latest God of War.

Not sure if the space guilds update will fix this, but if not, my suggestion is to decrease its strain on console hardware in future patches.

I am sure you guys know already, but just want to raise more awareness.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 06:32:57 PM by immortanjoe »

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Re: Spacelords causes PS4 fan to run loudly
Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 11:56:33 PM
This has honestly been an issue for as long as I can remember, and I have played for roughly 1 year now. It is particularly the home screens that are the main culprit, because yeah I don't believe it runs as hard during missions.

Urgehal

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 04:26:22 AM
Really? I think in a few minor patches ago, this got fixed(?)
When I started playing when it became F2P, I remember the fan being crazy loud on the main menu, but not so much as of a few months ago. Huh...or maybe I've just gotten used to it lol. Haven't played in a week, but yall probably right...

LiquidAutopsy

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 10, 2018, 12:25:56 PM
Yeah im always sit in the hideout because of that. The main screen is busy a little bcause the 3d models with full animation and resolution.

Placelord

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 10, 2018, 05:12:04 PM
Do you have a disc in while you play? I've noticed it will still spin a disc even if you're playing a downloaded game.

Lehi

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: December 11, 2018, 01:07:14 AM
Isn't cooling down a function of the fans?
Anyhow, I think Spacelords tries to offer the best experience on PS4's spec.
By the way, on my PC, I have experienced thermal throttling which caused significant FPS drop after an hour+ of play. I think PS4 and MSE is doing great.
(or maybe not, I still experience a short freeze sometimes. That's getting rare, though.)

Placelord

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: December 11, 2018, 01:36:09 AM
A disk spinning too fast can sound like an overheated unit. I've had a similar problem to the op. My PS4 was being very loud for no good reason. I take out any disc that might be inside, problem solved. I don't know why it spins the disc in the tray (extra fast) when you aren't 'using' said disk, but it does, and it sucks.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 02:25:27 AM by Placelord »

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: January 14, 2019, 05:24:47 PM
Hi guys!

As some of you commented, the fan is specially loud while being on menus, specially on consoles, because the animations aren't locked. I have spoken to the team and they are working on a solution for the future.