Author Topic: HOW DEVS COULD MAKE MONEY SO PEOPLE WONT STRUGGLE  (Read 3688 times)

CremeBrulee

• View Profile
HOW DEVS COULD MAKE MONEY SO PEOPLE WONT STRUGGLE
on: September 23, 2017, 03:47:13 PM
    As of now the biggest problem with this game is what you can purchase with real money. You could make better tutorial, more maps, balance patches, remove bugs etc but what is the point of that if noone goona buy it therefore nobody will see how great your game is. Just make it buy to play, and make everithing in the game for free (buying with in game money "gold") and implemnet loot boxes with random items in it. It works wonders even in small mobile games. You get a lot of cash from it and people who doesnt want to pay for them will have to spent more time to get loot boxes.
    One way to get people hyped so they wanna buy more loot boxes is to implement limited time events with exclusive items, so people who didnt have time to farm loot boxes with this items during event  but really wanted the items, will have to spend real money to get this loot boxes. Just look how hots and overwatch system works. I didnt see anything better than that in any games i played.
   I am afraid to say it but your game may eventually die out because of it. Money rules the world, so not everyone gonna pay ridiculous ammount of money for content and you (developers) will not work for "air".

*Anyone who has any ideas to share about this topic please post them here, so it bumps more often and devs will see it.

TehMud

• View Profile
Re: HOW DEVS COULD MAKE MONEY SO PEOPLE WONT STRUGGLE
Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 04:04:53 PM
No because loot boxes are one of the worst things and turns many many gamers away. It also doesn't fit with the game's mechanics whatsoever. The loot system, Raider cards, all of it. Loot boxes are a poison in the games industry and I for one am sick and tired of them.

CremeBrulee

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 04:08:28 PM
No because loot boxes are one of the worst things and turns many many gamers away. It also doesn't fit with the game's mechanics whatsoever. The loot system, Raider cards, all of it. Loot boxes are a poison in the games industry and I for one am sick and tired of them.

And how developers will get money to support their game then? By making redicilous prices for exclusives skins? By making maps that will separate player base like it always do in cod games?

if you critique something at least tell why it is bad.  If it doesnt fit with the game's mechanics than they should rework it. You can get loot boxes for free just by playing the game...
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 04:12:10 PM by CremeBrulee »

Max Anarchy Reigns

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 09:35:30 PM
So skins can ONLY be purchased with real cash? We can't grind to get new items, we have to pay 9 bucks for in game currency? lol welp, guess I'm out!

It's a shame, cause I actually came to the forums to find out how much content's in the first campaign so I could buy. But thanks to this money pinching tactic, guess I might as well spend my money on Pyre or sundered. Thanks for the heads up, CremeBrule!

CremeBrulee

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 24, 2017, 09:54:25 AM
So skins can ONLY be purchased with real cash? We can't grind to get new items, we have to pay 9 bucks for in game currency? lol welp, guess I'm out!

It's a shame, cause I actually came to the forums to find out how much content's in the first campaign so I could buy. But thanks to this money pinching tactic, guess I might as well spend my money on Pyre or sundered. Thanks for the heads up, CremeBrule!

You are welcome. I hope they change purchasing system soon, so you and many other players could play this very stylish work of art. I will, that is for sure! :)

taterthot

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 24, 2017, 05:25:02 PM

I don't get this? It's like saying you wouldn't have played Halo Reach if you couldn't fully customize the appearance of your character without spending money. Everything that matters and affects the game experience is available to you. What kind of toddler mindset is this?

You guys act like every dev is trying to completely rob you. Every forum I join for a specific game has this awful vocal minority of children being upset over literally nothing. This isn't a game backed by a massive publisher, so they're just trying to have as many sources of revenue as they can get. I don't mind spending money on skins. To me, skins are something that you use to show your appreciation and love for a game. If every shmuck that put 2 hours into a game has the "best" skin, it becomes extremely devalued.

Max Anarchy Reigns

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 24, 2017, 07:34:16 PM
Never once played halo reach, so don't get whatever point it is your trying to make.

But why don't we use a  more successful game like over watch, as a better example. Why do you think most people go back to that game after how many years of it's release? You think it's to play the same repetitive 3-4 modes over and over? Seriously, go actually google why most people still play over watch to this day.... the loot boxes and additional content that keeps getting updated, are the most common answers you'll find. If those loot boxes were behind a pay wall, guarantee most people would've dropped the game.

I have no issue with devs nickeling and dimming a bunch of id*ts. Heck, if some m*r*n came asking to give me money so I could spit in their face, I'd be an idiot if I refused to take that money. A company's main object is to make money, so fair play by them. All I'm asking is for them to at least give me an option to grind for those in game items in a game that I bought... if that's too much to ask, then that's totally fine! I just won't support their game. Lets see how long their small player base will last with that kind of strategy...

alef321

• Fun is the priority
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 25, 2017, 02:19:56 AM
market it as a f2p game and sell it as an actual full feature game with microtrasactiosn was not a good idea.
you'll make everyone angry with this model, you gotta go all out in one side(f2p) or another ( b2p)