Author Topic: There NEEDS to be a Melee Tutorial  (Read 12263 times)

Argentil

• View Profile
Re: There NEEDS to be a Melee Tutorial
Reply #15 on: September 26, 2017, 01:37:38 PM
no,there needs to be a melee rework
it doesn't work as intended and it just not fun at all.

The CQC system is actually very satisfying to master, and fair, though you will always have issues with poor latency getting in the way of a "grapple-off," but that's unavoidable. I understand your frustration, as the average player definitely doesn't know how the system works and they aren't inclined to go searching through menus to figure it out if they keep getting destroyed.

I have put forward a suggestion for a melee tutorial in another topic. Something optional and easy to introduce into the game.

TehMud

• View Profile
Re: There NEEDS to be a Melee Tutorial
Reply #16 on: September 26, 2017, 07:32:31 PM
I know there's a text tutorial option. That's not my point. Most people will want to jump into playing the game as quickly as possible and not even consider the quick Text Tutorial. Most players won't read it, won't understand it, get crushed in melee combat, and maybe never touch the game again.

The game also shows the RPS system if you hit the Info button during a game, which I think is mapped to "1" by default. But the first day or two of release, most newbies had no idea what the mechanics were since they were never properly introduced to it.