Author Topic: New content is a total crap  (Read 3543 times)

ElvenNeko

• View Profile
New content is a total crap
on: July 31, 2017, 12:51:17 AM
I am sorry if that will look rude, but i don't have other words to describe it. In last part of the (suposed to be hard?) mission 4 people advancing in group. If antagonist shows up - he just getting devastated with 4 guns. And then they just sit behind the turrent, and not a single mob can approach them, and, of course, antagonists dies without any chances to approach at least for the middle-range (rifles) combat, because turret devastating him in seconds, and there is no way around it. Basicly only sniper can do anything on that map, but concidering that he will be always counter-sniped, that is hardly an option too and leads to a very boring gameplay when only one character can even hope for to do any damage at all. That was a problem in previous missions, but now it's even worse.

Also it's not helping at all that Antagonists spawns without new ammo. It's already imossible to approach Lycus if he bought oneshotting cheatgun, that does not need aiming at all and always if not instakills - then putting into wounded state, so when he covers the team - there is no way to refill the ammo. But even without him jumping into melee with more than one person is a 100% suicide because of the grapple.

Basicly you can't shoot, you can't refill ammo, you can't melee. That is not even unballanced - it's simply broken and needs HUGE rework in everything, starting from refilling ammo upon dying and ending on level design changes before it can be called at least playable, if not ballanced.

p.s. Did i meantioned that protector's shield also regenerates his hp to full every time it applied? What is that? You must destory him in one attempt?

ElvenNeko

• View Profile
Re: New content is a total crap
Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 12:04:22 PM
Can't believe that people going mad about Konstantine (when they can just pick him also and problem solved), but this kinds of a serious issue not mentioned by anyone else.

Ebisu_rkz

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 03:05:29 PM
I have seen that mentioned in the discord before. More people have said that already, the last part of this mission is really in favour of the raiders if they can reach there.

I don't think that saying "He is OP, so take him too" is a good excuse. All characters should be balanced and equally countered IMO.
I don't think that he is really that OP, but he is one of the best characters to use individually, so maybe he may need some tweaking.

BTW, I am a little surprised that so many players said that this part of the mission is hard for antagonists when this mission IME is the hardest to win against an antagonist. IMO, there are other mission that should be harder than this one.

Yes, the last part is easier, but in general this mission is the hardest one because of the first part.

TehMud

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 05:56:52 AM
I have seen that mentioned in the discord before. More people have said that already, the last part of this mission is really in favour of the raiders if they can reach there.

I don't think that saying "He is OP, so take him too" is a good excuse. All characters should be balanced and equally countered IMO.
I don't think that he is really that OP, but he is one of the best characters to use individually, so maybe he may need some tweaking.

BTW, I am a little surprised that so many players said that this part of the mission is hard for antagonists when this mission IME is the hardest to win against an antagonist. IMO, there are other mission that should be harder than this one.

Yes, the last part is easier, but in general this mission is the hardest one because of the first part.

Well the last part of the mission IS GG if you're Antagonist. You have little to no chance of approaching the Raiders unless you're Harec and can Stalk

MSE_TENKA

• CMC
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
    • Mercury Steam
Reply #4 on: August 14, 2017, 02:11:25 PM
Did i meantioned that protector's shield also regenerates his hp to full every time it applied? What is that? You must destory him in one attempt?

If a Raider gives Aleph to the Protector, the shield regenerates. Playing as the Antagonist, a good strategy is to avoid that from happening.

We are adjusting this part of the mission, as it is true that the Antagonist has an extra challenge there.

Thanks for your feedback ElvenNeko! It’s very helpful for improving the game experience.

Anderson_JAG

• View Profile
    • Anderson_JAG YouTube Chann.
Reply #5 on: August 19, 2017, 07:09:40 PM
In my opinion, the problem resides on the last spawning points for the Antagonist. Once Uru Gal reaches the place to cast the spell, the spawning locations are moved away the place (too far away). On that stage of the mission, I thick they had to be moved a bit closer, probably closed to the two central doors of the mission so fast Antagonist could take advantage of the respawned state first, and then of the brief time of being inmunne; in that way, there could be a chance to reach the place.