Author Topic: Antag; self imposed challenges, anyone?  (Read 8400 times)

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Re: Antag; self imposed challenges, anyone?
Reply #15 on: November 27, 2018, 11:59:37 AM
Hello guys!

We have been reading all your suggestions about antagonizing and how to confront Mentor Matches and, since a lot of you have offered alternatives (immunity, opting out, etc.), we would like to release a new State of the Game Address explaining how the Antagonist system works and how it affects to new players.

We'll let you know when we release this article but we hope it clarifies some things.

Ac3_f4ce

• View Profile
Reply #16 on: November 27, 2018, 07:42:52 PM
Getting back on to topic.

I place restrictions on myself when I Antag.

1. When team runs out of Aleph I will go hide some where until the ship refuels. Unless confronted by a raider silly enough to come after me instead of laying low.

2. Find ways to delay Raiders with out killing them. (i.e. pull levers, steal sphere, give energy, etc.)

3. Kill aleph hogs with CQC. Give Aleph to other players for mission objectives.

This last one isnt a restriction.
*If i am killed by a Raider and said Raider taunts or tea bags me, I will then pick on them for the rest of the game. 

Placelord

• View Profile
Reply #17 on: December 10, 2018, 01:30:00 AM
Ac3: that's a good plan, I think I'll adopt it. Everyone is fairly challenged and you're not throwing your time or rewards away if you don't want to.

The way I see it, if I am in the position to decide whether the raiders succeed or fail; I've already won.

Lehi

• View Profile
Reply #18 on: December 11, 2018, 09:36:52 PM
Hello guys!

We have been reading all your suggestions about antagonizing and how to confront Mentor Matches and, since a lot of you have offered alternatives (immunity, opting out, etc.), we would like to release a new State of the Game Address explaining how the Antagonist system works and how it affects to new players.

We'll let you know when we release this article but we hope it clarifies some things.

I love your response.