Author Topic: Valeria's Special's Rate of Fire...  (Read 3089 times)

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Valeria's Special's Rate of Fire...
on: November 21, 2018, 08:00:38 AM
I think that the rate at whcich she can launch her orb/octopus needs to be looked at. She can hide behind cover while spamming endlessly into a choke. This means she is unreachable and in complete cover and those going against her cannot take cover let alone get past the choke.

This has to be the most brain dead technique in the game while also being the most aggrivating and un-fun to go against. I get antaged by Harec I know it's skill. Konstantin with Tolchock can only fire at one target at a time so there is some counter play.

The only way you can do anything against this is if you happen to have a character that has specials to allow them to get around the choke without damage. But keep in mind you cannot see what the antagonist chooses and he can see what you choose. Are we accepting that there is a set meta of characters that we must ALWAYS choose becuase there might be an antagonists? Why make other characters if there are only a handful that are practicle against the cheaper antagonist characters?

If the rate of orb fire from her special had some small CD, say just 2 seconds, this would allow more counterplay and cause her to ACTUALLY play the game instead of spam a point.

I, of course, experienced this first hand and our entire team was chocked out. Not only did we have to worry about the enemy AI, but we literally could not progress forward. It was a complete waste of time since it offered no entertainment value.

Please think about lokking into this MSE. Test her out in your office as antag. Use her on Low Blow, she's horrible on phase 2, 3 and 4. Try out different weapons on her. Notice the tiny handful of characters that can get around this and think how often you think players will choose these characters. OR, make PvP optional so those of us who never asked for this sort of cheap antagonism don't have to deal with it and those that love it can PvP til thier hearts content.

Again, this is for the developers. I've no interest in talking to other players about this as they have no power to change the game themselves and only offer pointless debate that has no practical gain.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 08:08:02 AM by Level9Drow »

Ac3_f4ce

• View Profile
Re: Valeria's Special's Rate of Fire...
Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 05:47:22 PM
Drow...Were you playing against a player called Spanta_Kofxx? Because i know exactly what you are talking about. I have faced that Valeria set up b4 and have come across that certain player a couple of times using that set up.

That being said the gun really needs to be tweaked. And i have a few suggestions. I think one of these would greatly affect the effectiveness of that gun.
1.Reduced spawn of octopus.
2.To be able to shoot through it. (i dont think you can shoot through the octopus ball)
3.Reduced damage.
4.Octopus ball can be destroyed.

That setup is extremely annoying and i hate it. I have beaten it but only with a Harec witch is extremely hard and A Lycus paired up with a character with high Health. ie Hive or some from Hades division.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 21, 2018, 06:23:58 PM
No, it wasn't that player and I don't want to name the player but his name is burnt into my brain. I don't think they should reduced the damage because it would be useless verses AI. But all the other suggestions you make are good.

I carried a team against her on a Low Blow with Ginebra, and only at great pain and cost. It was agonizing and I didn't feel good about winning either. I just felt utter hatred towards the player for ruining my enjoyment with such dirty cheap tactics. The other problem is I was not compensated in any way for my aggravation and mental distress. it wasn't like the computer recognized it was a great victory fought and I got 15k gold and faction, no. The opposite. The long drawn out fight with an antag through me a paltry win with a low score and shit rewards.

So there's no, "Damn that was a good fight!" or "What a well won victory!" no false sense of accomplishment form a videogame felt here, I'm too old and have been playing videogames since I was a small child. I don't fall for this line of thinking. I was having a wonderful time playing an imaginary situaion where I was a heroic character, a Raider, doing multiple missions and challenged enough to be entertaining and engaging while earning rewards to later spend on things in game. Then all of a sudden my time is completely ruined, my fun falls to a full stop and I slam into a cheap as mechanic from an antagonist. I wanted to surrender but there were other players there who were suffering the same cheap abuse I was so I carried these poor guys through because I felt bad for them as well. I finally beat the son of a bitch at the last choke on A Low Blow after many MANY deaths and a near loss to time. And I was so angry.

This is what people consider fun? This anger? This frustration? This mental anguish? This HORRIBLE compensation of rewards? I wouldn't feel so bad if i was well rewarded for the victory, because it would be some recognition to what happened. but to be rewarded with even LESS? I can only speak for myself when I say I don't enjoy PvP. Others are young an naive enough to fall for this, and that's fine. I cannot decide for them. But why the fuck can they decide for me? And I godda ask again...why isn't this shit optional again?

Oh well, fuck it. That's all this old man has to say on it. I'll leave it at that, I don't want to "rock the boat" and rile up the PvP Gestapo again. Their feelings and all.

Tekato

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 21, 2018, 06:52:03 PM
There's no point in them nerfing it, cheap players will just find another tactic/exploit.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 21, 2018, 06:58:52 PM
There's no point in them nerfing it, cheap players will just find another tactic/exploit.

Well, we got the R&R and Tolchock (arguably) to be brought n line. So it's an ongoing fight we have to keep having to lessen the options for cheap play. People were spamming "git gud" at us for bringing these weapons up, and it turns out the devs didn't agree with them. I just want the devs to have a look at it. I don't want to demand to them what to do, I want them to find out for themselves and see it. then they can decide what to do.

ArnoldCat

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 21, 2018, 09:31:58 PM

This is what people consider fun? This anger? This frustration? This mental anguish? This HORRIBLE compensation of rewards? I wouldn't feel so bad if i was well rewarded for the victory, because it would be some recognition to what happened. but to be rewarded with even LESS? I can only speak for myself when I say I don't enjoy PvP. Others are young an naive enough to fall for this, and that's fine. I cannot decide for them. But why the fuck can they decide for me? And I godda ask again...why isn't this shit optional again?

Level9Drow Don't you realize that

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 21, 2018, 09:35:09 PM
Oh my god, I love her.

Jester278

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 27, 2018, 09:56:57 PM
There are far worse than Valeria with whip, and all of them spam the same move, over & over. Nerf one character & another will take over until nobody is worth playing.
It's the same in every game, people complain and characters get nerfed into pointless crud that nobody uses.
Every character has it's strengths and weaknesses & while some are more annoying than others, theyre not invincible. 4 against 1 is a fair fight for raiders, no matter who you're up against, stop complaining and use your wits.