Author Topic: Russian translation are not good enough  (Read 2949 times)

ElvenNeko

• View Profile
Russian translation are not good enough
on: June 18, 2017, 12:22:55 PM
"Son of a thousand dignos" became "son of a bitch", and "go fuck yourself with a can opener, wanker!" became "go to ass, douchebag", and that is only the beginning. Would recommend to perform quality-checks of translation before releasing the game.

Kid Dracula

• Vampire Overlord
  • MercurySteam Developer
  • Enough Talk! Have at you!
    • View Profile
Re: Russian translation are not good enough
Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 02:03:19 PM
Thanks for the heads up, we will look into this.

ElvenNeko

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 04:14:58 PM
Would recommend you concidering 2 things that can be done about it without increasing production costs:

- Ask people on zog (zone of games), they made a lot of nearly perfect fan-made translations for telltale games, life is strange, and other titles that did not had official translation - for example, tanslation of Nier - Automata (with lots of text) took only big more than month for them. 

- When you establish steam page and forums, you may just ask for community help. Developers of Warhammer Regicide did that, and i was a part of that translation team, and i can say from my own expirience - community-gathered team, that correcting each other's mistakes and discussing unclear moments with developers doing job pretty well and fast, all you need is stringhub, + make them sign nda. Regicide didn't sell very well for various reasons, but translation wasn't one of them -  people never complained about it, and dev's rewarded all translation team with several keys as a reward for the help. So just asking people on steam forums could work out well too, especially concidering that your translation is already done, and all what is needed - a little correction here and there to not lose atmosphere of the game.

Kid Dracula

• Vampire Overlord
  • MercurySteam Developer
  • Enough Talk! Have at you!
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 05:28:52 PM
Thanks for the tip... sounds like a fine idea!