Author Topic: Spacelords Update 11.2 Patch Notes  (Read 9800 times)

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Spacelords Update 11.2 Patch Notes
on: October 25, 2018, 12:15:17 PM

Some cards combination allowed players to surpass the 100% barrier and thus became virtually invulnerable.

- Damage reduction value can never exceed 95%.

That’s all! Here is some nice picture for your enjoyment:

Hiero_Glyph

• View Profile
Re: Spacelords Update 11.2 Patch Notes
Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 04:41:09 PM
How does this interact with cards that grant invulerability, like Mikah's Photon Shield?

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 25, 2018, 06:31:59 PM
How does this interact with cards that grant invulerability, like Mikah's Photon Shield?

Invulnerability is different than a % damage reduction, this patch wouldn't affect that kinda stuff.

Ac3_f4ce

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 25, 2018, 06:39:02 PM
*Ignoring comments, looking in awe at picture*

Hiero_Glyph

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 25, 2018, 08:25:59 PM

Invulnerability is different than a % damage reduction, this patch wouldn't affect that kinda stuff.
I would normally think the same thing but it depends how it is coded. If invulnerability is coded as 100% damage reduction then this cap would cause that value to be reduced to 95%. I have learned to never assume I know how code works, which is why I asked how this change interacts with invulnerability.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 25, 2018, 08:57:56 PM

I would normally think the same thing but it depends how it is coded. If invulnerability is coded as 100% damage reduction then this cap would cause that value to be reduced to 95%. I have learned to never assume I know how code works, which is why I asked how this change interacts with invulnerability.

The word "IMMUNE" pops up when you try to shoot or strike an enemy in that status, like when they are spawning, did an elite finisher, or had a card that grants them that effect like Photon Shield or one of Doldren's cards that gives him immunity on teleport within enemy range.

The patch affects % damage taken, and here's a short clip of such damage resistance in action:
https://clips.twitch.tv/CuteConcernedKoupreySoonerLater

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 25, 2018, 09:35:33 PM
That's terrible! Wow! I've never seen that before. But is even 95% acceptable? I mean, even that seems unreasonable as well.

Question: Was he immune to grapples?

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 25, 2018, 10:31:49 PM
That's terrible! Wow! I've never seen that before. But is even 95% acceptable? I mean, even that seems unreasonable as well.

Question: Was he immune to grapples?

Grapples would still kill.

Most of the damage mitigation that led to this combo came from Firewall, which only works when your health is full. Now that damage can actually be dealt, like 90% of their damage reduction will go away after taking just a single point of damage. That card is to stop one-shots, which it's good at doing, but this was obviously an unintentional combo.

Another combo that would give over 100% was Iune, with Stoicism and a card that gives her and her minion damage resistance. But that only works when near a minion and while wounded, so definitely not as noticeable broken as an unkillable Kuzmann or Konstantin, lol.

Lehi

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 26, 2018, 07:46:25 AM
In Fistful Sand, now all raiders spawn with Full aleph, lol. I don't know. This is bald change.

drunkpunk

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: October 26, 2018, 12:16:20 PM
Very slow developement, 1 week of waiting for so small ballance patch, i not play game anymore i just dont know what to do, i have all guns and characters i like, i hate everything pvp in this game that make me not return to play just for fun because that crap ruin game, its unballanced boring waste of time. I return when something signifficant comes out , not seen yet anything signifficant just small patches  wich should come out in few days not weeks. Learn from warframe team and make pay model the same also and remove pvp forever for success, in warframe pvp sux and its dead, same here ,people hate it ! 

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: October 29, 2018, 08:55:15 AM
In Fistful Sand, now all raiders spawn with Full aleph, lol. I don't know. This is bald change.

you played with a hacker, you're like the 6th person I have heard report this. I have a video of it and all screenshots include the same player.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: October 29, 2018, 08:56:35 AM
Very slow developement, 1 week of waiting for so small ballance patch, i not play game anymore i just dont know what to do, i have all guns and characters i like, i hate everything pvp in this game that make me not return to play just for fun because that crap ruin game, its unballanced boring waste of time. I return when something signifficant comes out , not seen yet anything signifficant just small patches  wich should come out in few days not weeks. Learn from warframe team and make pay model the same also and remove pvp forever for success, in warframe pvp sux and its dead, same here ,people hate it !

Hiero_Glyph

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: October 29, 2018, 05:18:39 PM

To be fair, Spacelords is far closer to ME3MP than Warframe, but even Bioware realized that small balance changes, weekly community events, and challenges/achievements were not enough to sustain a community so they also included major content drops. Could you imagine community events for Spacelords? Or having a challenge system that tracked your progress? Sadly, MSE can't even fix duplicate blueprints rewarding the players with nothing.

Lehi

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: October 29, 2018, 05:51:26 PM

you played with a hacker, you're like the 6th person I have heard report this. I have a video of it and all screenshots include the same player.

Umm.  it wasn't a patch. And it's not patched yet!!

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: October 29, 2018, 07:31:41 PM

Umm.  it wasn't a patch. And it's not patched yet!!

Elaborate with a screenshot? Raiders don't spawn with aleph unless it's a hack, which there was a steam player doing a lot of over the weekend.