Author Topic: AFK player  (Read 3885 times)

Level9Drow

• View Profile
AFK player
on: October 24, 2018, 11:52:56 PM
Clayton.C a playeer for the PC was AFK as Mikah today just dancing and attacking in one spot on the mission Upside Down at about 2:30ish PM AZ time. I was Rak, there was an Alicia and a Hans in the mission as well who all worked hard to carry this player. He costs us the mission because of his lack of contribution.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 10:57:44 AM by MSE_KarenHB »

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Re: AFK player
Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 10:56:59 AM
Hi Level9Drow,

It is allowed to express your disagreement about a situation or a player, but we can't tolerate insults to other players. I have modified the post and deleted the last sentence but, please, consider that, if this inappropiate behaviour persists, we'll have to ban you permanently.

Thank you.

Hiero_Glyph

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 25, 2018, 04:45:01 PM
Can MSE add a way to report players in-game? This would keep incidents like the one described private and avoid potential bans for players just trying to enjoy the game.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 06:14:41 PM by Hiero_Glyph »

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 25, 2018, 05:59:19 PM
Well I e-mailed you guys with this as well. Sorry for the strong language towards the player, it was written right after I was in the game with him and so I was a bit livid.

Lehi

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 25, 2018, 10:37:47 PM
Play Antag!! You are alone and all depends on yourself. And if one or two raiders become offline or virtually offline, it does not matter!!

Crealkiller

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 26, 2018, 12:50:16 AM
Play Antag!! You are alone and all depends on yourself. And if one or two raiders become offline or virtually offline, it does not matter!!
Yes, thats the answer! Instead of fixing the problem, just run away! Even better, dont play at all!

The community is small anyway. Whats one less ACTIVE player? Let the JOKER that wants to ruin games continue. Who cares if it takes 4 minutes to find a game of 3 more for raider. It surely will be shorter to wait for a game of 4 raiders.

Crealkiller

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 26, 2018, 01:10:44 AM
Im on Ps4 and i got this Herec by the name Oscarycolemenarez
All he does is watch every scene and walk off the edge. ITS defiantly on purpose.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 26, 2018, 01:15:41 AM

Yea, but I hate PvP. And I like to be in control of my gaming experience, always have. It's unnatural to think your experience, enjoyment and success is in the hands of other people. It's one thing if you have other players on your team you depend on, it's quite another if there are other players (or player) who is there to hinder you.

At least playing a Raider I get games with no antagonists and sometimes competent players (non-mentor matches). But as an antag every game is PvP.

Hiero_Glyph

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 26, 2018, 03:39:54 AM

Yea, but I hate PvP. And I like to be in control of my gaming experience, always have. It's unnatural to think your experience, enjoyment and success is in the hands of other people. It's one thing if you have other players on your team you depend on, it's quite another if there are other players (or player) who is there to hinder you.

At least playing a Raider I get games with no antagonists and sometimes competent players (non-mentor matches). But as an antag every game is PvP.

I think Spacelords could learn a lot from Mass Effect 3's Multiplayer. I think having fixed difficulties would help to balance out the reward versus effort issue since right now MMR is almost always a negative.

If MSE wants to use MMR to match players that is fine, but the difficulty should not spike just because of your MMR. If I want to play on the easiest difficulty to improve my chances of getting a blueprint then I should be able to do that without having to lower my MMR. The rewards should be lowered as well but it's not like I care about having reduced medium faction points anyway; I just want the blueprint. Likewise I should be able to play on a challenging difficulty with increased rewards when I want to farm gold/faction points.

It just doesn't make sense to punish me for being skilled and making it nearly impossible to play a weak character or one with a stock weapon while trying to earn them a new blueprint.

Tango

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: October 26, 2018, 04:11:41 AM
Why did not you record a video as proof? or did you do it?

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: October 26, 2018, 05:51:44 PM
Why did not you record a video as proof? or did you do it?

I dunno. I was playing the game? We all just kind of noticed after a bit. And we were getting trounced and so I was busy trying to survive. In any case, they have the time, place and players.