Author Topic: Mentor Matches and Antagonists...  (Read 7229 times)

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Re: Mentor Matches and Antagonists...
Reply #15 on: November 14, 2018, 12:14:03 PM
Hi guys,

We are aware this is one of the most candent topics at the forum and we keep working to improve the matchmaking system, but there are a lot of factors involved when paired with someone with a different level (country, platform, etc)

The Antagonist feature is the core of the game and removing it would result in a divided community and longer waiting times when looking for a match.

We understand your frustration and have all this feedback in mind.

Thank you very much.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #16 on: November 14, 2018, 06:41:16 PM
Thank you Karen

Ac3_f4ce

• View Profile
Reply #17 on: November 14, 2018, 06:49:06 PM
Thank you Karen.

We appreciate the work you guys are putting into this game and how much you actually participate in some of the conversations we have here. Knowing that you guys are there is reassuring. Keep up the good work.

Tekato

• View Profile
Reply #18 on: November 14, 2018, 06:55:01 PM
Isn't the community already divided and how exactly would removing antags make the waiting time longer for mentor matches? Wouldn't it be faster since you need one less person.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #19 on: November 14, 2018, 07:12:32 PM
Isn't the community already divided and how exactly would removing antags make the waiting time longer for mentor matches? Wouldn't it be faster since you need one less person.

I don't even want them to remove antags. It would be nice if it was just optional. But if MSE says this will increase queue times than it's probably true. And we don't want to go back to that situation. Better some games with antags a possibility than no games at all.

Maybey they're predicting that if there were no antags in Mentor matches then people like me would then ONLY accept mentor matches, because they would be guaranteed no antag. Trust me, I've thought of this while brooding with my fingers together in front of my face. This would be a soft PvP switch. They don't want that.

I think we have yet to see what they'll do. Clearly they're aware. They are creative people who design videogames and are probably thinking of alternative solutions to the issue.

I will continue to self flagellate by playing the game because there isn't an antag every match. When there is one, I will tilt and stop playing for a while and goof on Discord until I cool off. This is just how it will have to be for now I guess.

Tekato

• View Profile
Reply #20 on: November 14, 2018, 07:26:27 PM

I don't even want them to remove antags. It would be nice if it was just optional. But if MSE says this will increase queue times than it's probably true. And we don't want to go back to that situation. Better some games with antags a possibility than no games at all.

Maybey they're predicting that if there were no antags in Mentor matches then people like me would then ONLY accept mentor matches, because they would be guaranteed no antag. Trust me, I've thought of this while brooding with my fingers together in front of my face. This would be a soft PvP switch. They don't want that.

I think we have yet to see what they'll do. Clearly they're aware. They are creative people who design videogames and are probably thinking of alternative solutions to the issue.

I will continue to self flagellate by playing the game because there isn't an antag every match. When there is one, I will tilt and stop playing for a while and goof on Discord until I cool off. This is just how it will have to be for now I guess.

I hope they do something soon this is getting old just watching newbies getting stomped left and right by lv 100+ while I'm trying to do the objective.

PohtHehd

• View Profile
Reply #21 on: November 15, 2018, 12:35:08 AM
Hi guys,

We are aware this is one of the most candent topics at the forum and we keep working to improve the matchmaking system, but there are a lot of factors involved when paired with someone with a different level (country, platform, etc)

The Antagonist feature is the core of the game and removing it would result in a divided community and longer waiting times when looking for a match.

Thank you very much.

Ok, so, what exactly are you guys doing to address the issue?

This is way such an old thread and it isn't even the first time this subject has come up. New players come up with this idea of removing antagonists from mentor matches on their FIRST day playing.

Just telling us it is a core feature more speaks to the fact that such a decision will never come to solution. You have already told us that "No, antagonists are going to be in mentor matches until this game dies."

That is what I read, at least.

Or are you saying that the MSE development team is actively looking for a solution to this problem? A team of one hundred cannot disable the appearance of antagonists in mentor matches?

I don't believe it. I believe instead that you do not know anything, Karen and having to read your shallow comments is becoming grating to the senses because it is very very obvious how little you personally care about the problem.

It is your job to care. Or is it to post screenshots of other people's art? Either way, I find this incredibly patronizing.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 12:43:30 AM by PohtHehd »

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #22 on: November 15, 2018, 12:51:23 AM
Hi guys,

Thank you very much.

Ok, so, what exactly are you guys doing to address the issue?

This is way such an old thread and it isn't even the first time this subject has come up. New players come up with this idea of removing antagonists from mentor matches on their FIRST day playing.

Just telling us it is a core feature more speaks to the fact that such a decision will never come to solution. You have already told us that "No, antagonists are going to be in mentor matches until this game dies."

That is what I read, at least.

Or are you saying that the MSE development team is actively looking for a solution to this problem? A team of one hundred cannot disable the appearance of antagonists in mentor matches?

I don't believe it. I believe instead that you do not know anything, Karen and having to read your shallow comments is becoming grating to the senses because it is very very obvious how little you personally care about the problem.

It is your job to care. Or is it to post screenshots of other people's art? Either way, I find this incredibly patronizing.

Oh dude, don't be mean. She's PR, she has to relay info from the devs. She's a messenger. C'mon.

Tekato

• View Profile
Reply #23 on: November 15, 2018, 01:49:15 AM
Yeah don't shoot the messenger I'm sure she's doing what she can to give the devs our feedback even if it falls on deaf ears.