Author Topic: Support for the Antag mechanic.  (Read 6054 times)

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Re: Support for the Antag mechanic.
Reply #15 on: October 23, 2018, 10:49:02 AM
If MSE keeps it the way it is now, then they really need to adjust the rewards, why should I, as a player, complicate my mission with an antag, when I can play the same mission without an antag (lesser deaths, faster playthrough) and thus a better result in the end? Only for the challenge, that's too insufficient for me.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 10:51:47 AM by B30 »

Urgehal

• View Profile
Reply #16 on: October 23, 2018, 12:05:35 PM
As someone who's neutral on the antagonist system, this is my take: If they remove it, fine. If they don't, that's fine too. Optional? Fine by me.

But I think all parties agree that things NEED to change about the system...
For me, playing against antags has honestly made me a much better player and can be VERY fun and exhilarating at times! But on the flip side, high level antags absolutely CRUSHING new/low level players and extending mission times, while lessening rewards...not so much.

Speaking of, these are just my suggestions to the system:

-NO antags in mentor matches! "Beginner" should be classified as lv 1-19 honestly (basically the lowest tier). OR get rid of the MMR system and have set difficulties. Lite for beginners ONLY w/no antag, medium w/optional, and intense/insane w/what it is now. The former 2 would get lesser rewards of course, since MSE insist on antag (which I have no problems with).

-Better rewards for raiders vs antag and much better rewards for antag winning. Facing an antag should give you a base gold/FPs bonus (and a little extra depending on antag level and such).

-Along the same line as above, get rid of the "speed bonus" if there is an antag. Aside from rare occasions of complete massacres (on either side), Antag matches always takes more time than just with the AI. Players shouldn't be punished with lesser rewards because of it...

-On blueprint missions, I think antag should be optional maybe? But having an antag gives you even better chances of getting one if you win.
(Blueprint system needs to change too, but's another story...)

-Antags SHOULD be vulnerable to boss AOE attacks. Hell, take half damage atleast. The fact they aren't has always been some BS lol.

But yeah, that's just how I feel. LOVE this game to death and don't mind the anatag system, but it could benefit with some tweaking...
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 12:12:12 PM by Urgehal »

immortanjoe

• View Profile
Reply #17 on: October 23, 2018, 03:23:41 PM
Tried to antag and resulted in mostly failure, with 1 or 2 games won. Been dominated by the antag multiple times in a sitting on the same map, causing pure frustration and discouragement. The matches usually swing in one sides' favor or the other with almost NO balance.

There was one rare game when we raiders were evenly matched with the antag. We faced a level 190 something antag pro harec with me being the second highest level player at roughly 40 and the highest was at 58. The others were worse noobs. We fought HARD and won through determination and teamwork and were pushed to our limits as gamers in my opinion. Most rewarding feeling ever as well, so I think it should stay in the game for as OPTIONAL for those who are up to the challenge.

Ac3_f4ce

• View Profile
Reply #18 on: October 23, 2018, 03:33:22 PM
@level9. Except the argument is this is a PVEVP game. Not game game that is PVE and PVP as 2 separate entities. And this is the game MSE wants to make.

Now frankly this set up only appeals to a certain crowd and I think that's who they are targeting. If a player is only into PVE then this isn't the game for them. If a player likes both PVE and PVP then this might be there game. I definitely like this combination. There is no game in the world that appeals to everyone and you can't expect to make a game that does. Not without bending over backwards for the community and sacrificing your game.

Dr.Kuzie

• View Profile
Reply #19 on: October 23, 2018, 04:01:04 PM
Bad thing is as a company, MSE wants to appeal most of the players out there. With this set up the game is slowy dying, because is full of flaws, result of trying to balance PVE and PVP game in one. Evolve had the same idea, and where is it now? Yeah, this is going to happen here as well because you don't let people like the game mechanics, even if they love the world. There is no more than that here, potential players going away and less people to play = no benefits for MSE.

That's all that matters.

Lancer

• "Do what you will, you'll do it anyway"
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: October 23, 2018, 05:08:08 PM
The Antagonist mechanic is meant to cause chaos within the game. Antagonists on mentor matches is a bit much. And. I guess should stay off of them. So here's my solution if you toggle Mentor matches it possible you will match up with rookies and There will be a no antag guarantee. But if you are not placed in a mentor match all is fair. NOW you need to determine where the rookie lvl ends and the player begins
i like this idea, lets get a mentor mode like antag but it puts you into maches with noobs, but there should be a mmr limit so noobs don't get one shot by everything. Like 15-20% for the mentors mmr.  I think maybe it needs a drawback but idk. Personally i like this idea alot better, as long as i could search for mentor maches on specific missions too