Author Topic: Anyone know the specifics to Mentor Matches?  (Read 2689 times)

Ac3_f4ce

• View Profile
Anyone know the specifics to Mentor Matches?
on: October 16, 2018, 06:20:19 PM
What is the highest lvl a player at most could be b4 its not considered a Mentor match? Because i thought it was for players between the lvls of 1-10. I ask because i have been in matches with level 3,6,8s and the game didnt prompt me me saying i was going into a mentor match. And a level 10 in my opinion is still learning the game.

Hiero_Glyph

• View Profile
Re: Anyone know the specifics to Mentor Matches?
Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 06:25:18 PM
Mentor requires a level 1-3 player. If the player is level 4, they will not flag the mentor bonus.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 07:05:01 PM
should be level 1-9 (or higher) IMO. The fact that level 4 constitutes some level of expertise is laughable.

Tekato

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 16, 2018, 07:19:09 PM
They need to change it to lv 1-20 and it should also appear if it's anyone's first time on that mission.

Hiero_Glyph

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 16, 2018, 07:25:13 PM
They need to change it to lv 1-20 and it should also appear if it's anyone's first time on that mission.

So what I would like to see is keeping player level hidden and instead displaying the player's tier. This would avoid issues with an antag being level 500 as they would be the same tier as anyone level 100+. It would also prevent tier 1 antags from playing against tier 6 players unless the rest of the team was all tier 1. This would allow any player in tier 6 to qualify for a mentor match. It's a simple change but it has massive ramifications in regards to player perception.

Ac3_f4ce

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 17, 2018, 03:23:19 AM
Good to know. Thanks for the information. Hopefully they can address these issues. That tier thing sounds like a very good idea but MS is sticking to their guns with the mentor thing but they should some how prompt you if a player has never been to certain missions b4

xXGigglesXx

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 17, 2018, 08:42:29 PM
I agree with raising the level cap for mentor matches. If they have never even had the chance to play as an antag (1-9), then they should definitely be tagged as mentor matches. Most don't realize that the Antagonist gets to pick from several spawn points, it's not just random.

Also, if you have never played a level before, you should be tagged as a mentor match, regardless of skill level.