Author Topic: Doldren's Astral Form needs to be tweaked  (Read 3406 times)

IRON1K

• View Profile
Doldren's Astral Form needs to be tweaked
on: October 13, 2018, 10:08:05 AM
I've been playing this game for a while and no I'm by no means an expert at this game, but I find it weird that whenever Doldren leaves his body to go into Astral Form, his stress meter completely fills up and exposes his body on wherever he left it at. This makes no sense considering he is a Local and the way they get stress is by shooting. Plus Harec and Shae dont get stress whenever they use their abilities either. Now I haven't use Iune yet but if she has the same case as Doldren does then they both need to be tweaked. This also kinda makes Doldrens power kinda weak considering its supposed to be a stealthy ambushing type of power. Because whether I'm playing as a Raider or Antaganist it doesn't matter, because everyone knows where I'm at. If you can please change this I'd really appreciate it
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 10:10:29 AM by IRON1K »

Tango

• View Profile
Re: Doldren's Astral Form needs to be tweaked
Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 11:34:54 AM
Agree , he call for a tweak. Nobody wanna play as doldren ;(

Hiero_Glyph

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 13, 2018, 08:14:07 PM
There is a card that does this, and you do realize that you can coporealize whenever you want, right? Are you spending too much time away from your body and not engaged in combat? It sounds more like you are playing far too passively and it is not a Doldren weakness. A good Doldren player is a constant threat because they can be anywhere all the time regardless of where their body is. This sounds more like a learn to play issue and less like a balance problem to me.

Ac3_f4ce

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 13, 2018, 08:24:46 PM
I agree with Hero Glyph on this one Doldren players keep me on my toes. I'm always watching my back.  I rarely find a Doldren in mid transport. Too busy completing mission.

IRON1K

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 13, 2018, 09:15:00 PM
I understand that there is a card for that but does it have to be a card. Not everyone is lucky you know, and like I said before I'm not an expert but accuse me of not being knowledgeable Hero Glyph. Besides why does it have to be a card? It still makes no sense considering he is still a local. Now I understand your point of view but I also think that its unnecessary for it to be a card, and we both know that he can't be anywhere at all times unless there's an enemy in the area. Now I've played him long enough and I can call myself a " Good Doldren " but like I said I'm not an expert, I'm still learning but it's still annoying when 3 Raiders just solely make you the priority and 1 does the mission and they know the spawn points so all they do is either wait for you to come out of spawn or go to astral form, one rushes while the other two back him up by suppressing, I can A: go after the one rushing me from spawn or B: astral form to the other two before the spawn rusher gets me. Either way I'm screwed, but I guess I'm not a " Good Doldren "

Ac3_f4ce

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 13, 2018, 09:34:25 PM
Well that's good team work and most Vets know the spawn points. When I'm a raider I do the same thing. Or usually me and a friend run together. Watching each other's back. Some games aren't fair. I'm more upset when the AI is shit than good team players. Im saving up for Doldren now. Maybe I'll have the same problem when get some experience with him.

Hiero_Glyph

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 14, 2018, 04:24:06 AM
So you're saying that shifting your essence into an energy/spirit form and leaving your physical body should be stress free? There are dozends of reasons why this ability should stress out his body and having it be an ability for a card is more for balance than anything else. Besides, this is a video game so the local rule only applies when he is in his physical body; when he is not in his body then different rules apply.

I do agree that Doldren benefits a ton from having optimal cards, so I would suggesting playing another local to grind faction points until you can roll some of them on Doldren, at least if you want to antag. Otherwise you can always play Doldren as a Raider and still be incredibly effective at taking down distant elites. Besides, no one wants to face a Doldren antag because of how cheap he feels to fight against, so of course they are going to prioritize shutting down an invisible grab from behind before it happens. Do you really think so little of Raiders that you think they would let you ambush them without trying to stop it?

Ac3_f4ce

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 15, 2018, 12:27:40 AM
Ok so I just purchased Doldren played with him as both raider and Antag. What you are saying is false. Your body lights up but that is so you know where your body is. The enemies cannot see your body. My friend confirmed this while I was playing with him. Your body doesn't light up. Unless you have 5 slept. Then yea your body lights up.

Lancer

• "Do what you will, you'll do it anyway"
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 16, 2018, 07:51:26 PM
Ok so I just purchased Doldren played with him as both raider and Antag. What you are saying is false. Your body lights up but that is so you know where your body is. The enemies cannot see your body. My friend confirmed this while I was playing with him. Your body doesn't light up. Unless you have 5 slept. Then yea your body lights up.
either your friend lied to you or you Don't grasp the stress mechanic cus doldren lights up like an elite whe astral projecting, that said, yea op you just not good antag,  doldren is mostly a high skill curve raider, it takes practice and good timeing i cant count how many times i've gotten my ass handed to me on a golden plater by doldy but his stress out is  quite balanced

Ac3_f4ce

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: October 18, 2018, 11:44:26 PM
I am a wonderful Antag lol even friendly at times. I have destroyed Antags and raiders alike with Doldren. But i have also destroyed Doldren Antags. It depends on the player and the teams