Author Topic: Rak Hack or BUG?  (Read 4543 times)

TheHex

• View Profile
Rak Hack or BUG?
on: October 12, 2018, 07:35:53 PM
So... Yesterday me and my friends played against a lvl 300+ RAK as antagonist. My friends told me that he was hitting like 2k-6k DAMAGE EVERY SHOT FROM HIS FIRST WEAPON. I was like... wtf? that's not possible.
Ok. Today I was playing antang and, there was a RAK on the raiders team. He shot me once and that's what says on my damage log https://i.imgur.com/gcxCL5y.jpg
Idk if this is a new bug due to the new patch or what... but we need a fix to this ASAP!!!

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Re: Rak Hack or BUG?
Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 07:46:41 PM
What gun was it that he shot you with? Might be a bug. I know i was using his rare gun as a raider (forgot what it's name is) and I was one shooting mooks. i passed it off as a low MMR with Mentor match maybe, but I was supersized I was killing EVERYTHING with his gun. I think it's a bug.

EDIT: Oh and there was another game on No Reservations where we had a Kuzzman antag and I kept murdering this poor guy with Rak. I thought, isn't Council supposed to reduce damage from weapon fire? And Rak's gun isn't necessarily a on shotty like Herec or Shae so I found it odd i was downing him with single shots.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 07:51:55 PM by Level9Drow »

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 07:50:06 PM
Shepherd has crazy physics, do NOT trust the damage displayed. Not a hack, and the gun itself isn't actually doing that much. Yesterday antagging I got shot for over 600 damage and it didn't even wound me as Hans. I've taken 1600 dmg as Hive and was just wounded.

But yeah it's always acted like this, just some kinda weird interaction with the bounce and crit physics of how the shots work, but based on all my play time, I can definitely say it's not doing as much as the "damage received" shows. But it is very chaotic, and either just mildly annoys you, or totally murders you, very little inbetween.

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 12, 2018, 07:51:41 PM
Of course it is a bug weapon, he is the most feared hunter in the galaxy - he hunts a lot of bugs.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 12, 2018, 08:00:14 PM
Of course it is a bug weapon, he is the most feared hunter in the galaxy - he hunts a lot of bugs.

TheHex

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 12, 2018, 11:39:11 PM
What gun was it that he shot you with? the regular weapon for RAK. I dont remember the name

TheHex

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 12, 2018, 11:42:20 PM
Shepherd has crazy physics, do NOT trust the damage displayed.
I kinda have to trust because my friend playing as VALERIA was gettin one shotted EVERYTIME by this particular guy. It might be display bug but, some ppl are using some kind of bug exploit to take advantage of it...

TheHex

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 12, 2018, 11:44:11 PM
Thanks for nothing