Author Topic: Elites Again  (Read 4280 times)

CaimZheit

• View Profile
Elites Again
on: January 31, 2020, 12:23:04 PM
  I played a lot "upside down" recently and having to fight a lot of elites I changed my opinion with them. I liked a lot how old elites works, mostly because they kept the pace of the game fast. They weren't eassy to learn, but after then it was fun to deal with them. Current elites feels like open heart surgery, but not in the fun way.

Napalm Elites: I didn't play to much with them, however I have a few comments. In certain mission, especially "a breath of hope" their most impactful contribution are special tropps and mad dogs. Now that ads are more dangerous, bazooka ads aìcan be deadly. The fact that they can just call special ads after spawining with no counterplay, I'm not saying it need to be changed, but it's a critical difficulty spike that need to be watched out. My other problem with napalm elites it's their ability, after they activate it only wardogs raider can brawl with them. The other must shoot them, but the ability is a visual overload and tend to screen the napalm elite itself.

Melee elites: I guess I'm fine with them after the graple change, but sure they aren't particularly fun. If you can burst them they are ok, if not it's a long process when you can't do anithyng else. I have a problem of letting them alive while I have noobs in my team, because I know that if I don't kill them we will lose lives. Another problem is with the glow associated with their ability, it dosen't works with certain lightning conditions, most notably in "mind over matter".

Fifth council's shotgun: I'll put this here since it's related to the melee elite, I think that the fifth council's shotgun have a ridiculus knockback. During the mission "In Shock", I was at the bottom of the stairs at the beginning of the bridge. Two shotgun ads apear, and one second later I'm at the top of the staris with no health, I was laugthing as thay made me fall down the staris in reverse. During the mission "upside down", a downed melee elite was able to fend off two raiders at once, someone should look into this.

Snipers: My biggest problem with them is inconsistency, their reaction time is so low that most close range option are inconsitent. As a rule of thumb if you bring a character\weapon good against melee elites won't bee that good against snipers, and the reverse is true too (there are exceptions of course). At best you can bring something that work in a awkard way for both, and when you have to carry noobs you kinda have to. While using a close to mid range character attacking a sniper become a goose chase, and if the sniper graple you, or even only walk in your generakl direction there is nothing you can do to stop her from teleporting. I strongly belive they shouldn't be able to cancel theyr graple into a teleport. It's possible to land a hit, but you have to catch here by surprise, and since we have no way to know when this happen (the stress bar is useless at his point) some player get negative reinforcements from those rare istances. In missions like a "breath of hope" (and the one with the fatties, I don't remember the name) when you have to kill full stack snipers, it's frustrating to have your progress shut down by someone who try a cheeky hit.

MSE_Laura

• 🐱 Meow! 🐱
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Re: Elites Again
Reply #1 on: February 04, 2020, 11:48:10 AM
Good Morning, CaimZheit!
Wow, thanks for your feedback! It's being really useful to address some elite related issues. We are always monitoring players' matches and data so we can get the info needed to make changes and readjust the game in order to improve the overall user experience.

About the invulnerability effects, could you by any chance have a video of that? I'll send it to QA so it can be investigated and hopefully fixed! :) Gonna talk to the design team about the Elite's wounded push.

We know that some of the sniper related missions can be a challenge.  I personally like fighting snipers with snipers. Using attractor, you can shoot down enemies and obtain Aleph at the same time (helpful at the second part of No Reservations)

Hope it helps.

CaimZheit

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 10:32:15 PM
I to find snipers, but there are only two of them in the game. i don't use harex and when I rolled the mods for Shae I didn't find attractor. I can outsnipe a sniper, but most of the time I have to sacrifice the aleph. And even when I make a list of character that can deal with sniper relaiably it's not that long. Consider this if I punch a snipers and she dodge, there is nothing I can do to catch her or stop her, if she walk toward me while I'm chasing one is the same.

CaimZheit

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 06, 2020, 01:04:05 PM
Follow up on the knockback: Try to do a melee finisher on a downed fifth council melee elite, when the other is at a slighty higer position than you.

MSE_Laura

• 🐱 Meow! 🐱
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 06, 2020, 05:46:21 PM
The interesting gameplay of Snipers is that you have to shoot them down before they teleport. For that is really useful mid and long-range weapons. As for characters as Lycus, there are always weapons such as the pepper pot to use in larger distances.
Try to knock them down before you approach them. Wound them and then finish them off with CQC

CaimZheit

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 08, 2020, 06:44:55 PM
  After a while I learned how to deal with snipers, quite relaiably. My problem was, and still is, "no reservation". In the final section it's hard to snipe them so much that neither them do so, they mostly run around the map. Even picking a sniper means haveving a non so great time in the barges sections, as you have to fight in close quarters against  melee elites with area of effect damage around the place, literally the snipers worst nightmare. In the last section of even if I bring the most efficent sniper killer, valeria in my opinion since she can spawn camp them, I must do so with very little error margins. The worst part is that the error in question is most of the time a noob that try to yolo it, and then lose 3-5% mmr because someone didn't let me di my job.
   I can carry noobs, as long as they at least try to help I can do it. It is the first thing you learn in this game and what I did most of the time in this game. But I can't carry noobs while they are actively decremental to the mission.

TheHex

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: March 04, 2020, 06:41:46 PM
(In advance, my english is terrible)
5th Concil shotguns should'nt have 100% knock back chance. That's a fact.
The snipers teleporting at close range is "fine" but they should'nt be invencible during it. Also, I (and many more players) miss the melee elites insta boosting melee invencibility like before, they were some kind of a threat. Now they are just a pace breaking since you need to stop EVERYTHING you're doing to shoot them and MAYBE (if it is not a 5th concil) be able to stop the aleph boost (if you dont have any knock back skill or weapon).
The rewards system is punishing EVERYONE who spends a bit more time on the game, since the rewards have a maximum value PER MATCH after the 5th match. Thats annoying and yet again, A change that nobody asked for.
Some high tiers cards that you need to wait +25 days to get (beside the faction points being over 200k).
Another thing, Please remove the wounded raider/antag ability to drop aleph bombs on their feet x.x this is SO ANOYING and WRONG that blows my mind to think that was a addition that NOBODY asked for. We already have strike and dodge while wounded. If you're wounded its because you failed on a CQC or shooting fight. Wounded state is a punishment. Aleph bombs goes against EVERYTHING that i learned from the game since I started playing the game. Remember when you used to become a bomb and kill even allies if you have at least 1 aleph and died to someone shooting at you? what happened to that?
What happened to the Hanging by a thread that the hades division could'nt finish off lycus because of the amount of aleph he had absorved on his body?
The game is trying to be newbie friendly by betraying its origins and breaking itself.
Maybe I am a cry baby? yea, maybe. But I know that many more players who left or are about to leave the game forever, think the same about it.
Cmon MSE, make Spacelords enjoyable again =/