Author Topic: Just a thought on what to do with MMR  (Read 2948 times)

SniffaXxX

• View Profile
Just a thought on what to do with MMR
on: August 28, 2019, 04:36:33 PM
Hey there! We all know MMR is probably the most complained about topic. Biggest issue being it is too easily manipulated. Here’s an idea I had. which maybe even if you don’t use it, may open up internal conversations to lead to something better.

You could removed MMR% from the player’s account, and instead attach to the daily mission rewards. Higher the reward = higher the difficulty %. The game would still take the average % of all players to make mission difficulty. And you could also set the % to be higher for higher tier players and lower for lower tier players on their rewards. Once players finish their daily rewards and get to the 6th match with low rewards, leave the difficulty at a casual playing level like 30% or so.
Pot could fluctuate based on how much is in there.

I feel like these changes could add some stability and predictability to the play experience of spacelords. And manipulations from players would have smaller ramifications on others.

Anyways, thanks for reading. I hope this will inspire something with you guys at MSE.

sonofoz

• View Profile
Re: Just a thought on what to do with MMR
Reply #1 on: August 28, 2019, 05:53:14 PM
there is a lot a thing that could be done.
for example you decide of the difficulty only when the battle starts and you calculate it based on weapons lvl of each players with some modificitations due to lvl.

or simply a standard difficulty, since most games mixes all kind of players levels, slightly modified by global team lvls. so it will be easier when there is only low lvl in the team and harder when there is only high lvl.

the only sure thing is that mmr is crappy and brings more problems than solutions

SergeyKosinskiy

• View Profile
Re: Just a thought on what to do with MMR
Reply #2 on: August 28, 2019, 06:16:45 PM
Difficulty based on weapon forge would be nice.