Author Topic: Spacelords Forced Host Migrations  (Read 2743 times)

immortanjoe

• View Profile
Spacelords Forced Host Migrations
on: August 17, 2019, 10:06:58 AM
Here is the link to the video. Skip to 8:17 for the most relevant part.

https://youtu.be/Skva0Y1kXeY

For context:

I had already reported an almost identical situation to this one back in November of 2018, and this problem is still ongoing. Were the exploit itself dealt with between then and now, I would not be posting. Also, this post is not a report, just feedback.

This community SHOULD acknowledge that forced host migrations are happening or push for change in this matter. I have dropped no names here, just to be clear, and I implore MSE to really do something comprehensive as it will determine if I stay with Spacelords or leave. Also...

I want to know: why has the host migration exploit not been fixed? Why not just renew the ANTAG's timer upon reconnect, rather than let it run out? Can't speak for others, but on the Raider end of things I could accept this if a team member disconnects. Some games you HAVE to lose, just like I had to take the L today.

Here is the link to the video of the first host migration incident I recorded.

https://youtu.be/bf84T8D4lWI
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 11:03:06 PM by immortanjoe »

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Re: Spacelords Forced Host Migrations
Reply #1 on: August 23, 2019, 05:24:52 PM
Hi immortanjoe!

Thank you very much for reaching us. Please have in mind a host migration usually doesn't benefit the Raiders since they don't recover lives when the match is live again, and the Survive countdown will also still be there after a renegotiation.

That being said, we are going to investigate these two bugs (the fact the 4th player doesn't appear at the end and that you should have won because they were killed or disconnected) and how we can address the host renegotiation issue.

Thank you very much for your pacience, we encourage you to send us your videos if this situation persists so we can investigate and take action.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 05:26:38 PM by MSE_Karen »

immortanjoe

• View Profile
Re: Spacelords Forced Host Migrations
Reply #2 on: August 24, 2019, 09:37:23 PM
Okay, thanks for the update!