Author Topic: Report player feature  (Read 5871 times)

Alex2199

• View Profile
Report player feature
on: August 11, 2019, 03:21:19 AM
So there is a block feature in Spacelords (That doesn't seem to do anything...) and typically I am not one to report people. However, I have came across a fourth person who has serious ruined the game for not just me but the team. I am playing on my Steam account and was playing a game with 3 tier 6's and a purple tier 3 player. Mission difficulty isn't too hard. However, the two other tier 6 raiders didn't know how to play. The Konstantin didn't know how to use his ability at all and the Shae (to my knowledge) didn't even use her gun. A typical new player experience. Now where the frustration comes from is the fact the purple tier 3 player did LITERTALLY nothing for the team. I even remembered his PlayStation account name, "JoHaNYAG", and I wanted to block him until I realized the block system doesn't work. I still see blocked people in my games and I still receive messages from them. So I vote we scrap the block system and add in a "vote to kick" or "report player" feature. Reported players cannot play the game within a day versus a tiny 5 minute penalty.

Thanks to this player I could not level up sense we lost by becoming overwhelmed with enemies and I imagine the fellow tier 6s were also annoyed sense they actually tried. There needs to be harsher and more punishments for toxic players like this.

sonofoz

• View Profile
Re: Report player feature
Reply #1 on: August 11, 2019, 11:57:27 AM
a real block feature to prevent us to play with people we don't will be enough.

Tekato

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 11, 2019, 12:35:25 PM
Be careful with what you wish for. Anyone with a grudge against you can easily abuse a system like this and get you banned. In a game that encourages toxicity against each other, I don't see this system working out. For example let's say you destroy a team of raiders when you antag, what happens if they all decide to report you? Also how do you know the purple tier 3 ps4 player wasnt just stuck lagging? Everyone knows when console and pc players get matched with each other the ping goes to crazy numbers. I'm sure we've all been in a situation where we lagged so much we couldn't even move.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 12:38:21 PM by Tekato »

Alex2199

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 12, 2019, 02:33:43 AM
Then make it to where you cant report the antagonist. Also if the player is lagging and gets stuck there then they should leave the match and just accept the 5 minute penalty I lost 20,000 gold because of him so why should I get punished just because he doesn't want to take the penalty?

On top of that I don't believe he was lagging because he was able to move around, emote, and etc. for the sudden death he just turned around and continuously jumped off the ledge.

Xxrcampbell24xX

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 26, 2019, 10:05:22 PM
But, what about someone who is obviously hacking. On ps4, we were getting one shot by the alicia which is purple 1 star; but the minions and elites are super weak, we were one shotting the minions and elites. She one shotted us, and Schneider's overshield, and anytime we attacked we did almost no damage to her. She was also grabbing us out of mid-air while using Alicia's glide. Now I'm an alicia main, I sure as hell wish I could do that as alicia. That would be nice. Another thing when she was in mid-air using her glide, her character model was blacking out and we couldnt shoot her, the bullets were going right through her when she was in the air.

MSE_Laura

• 🐱 Meow! 🐱
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 17, 2020, 01:16:55 PM
Hello guys,
There's an automatic banning system. Beyond that you can report a player by sending a message to our email:
spacelords_teamsupport@mercurysteam.com
We will need a video of the player's allegedly toxic behavior. And to avoid public shaming, it would be better to avoid the forum and Social Media. This way we can investigate the player, and determine whether he or she needs to be banned or not.

lightoflife3

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 17, 2020, 10:15:41 PM
You had me at 'report player feature,' I think some raiders have come across the dilemma of one their teammates farming enemy NPCs on the last stage of 'A Low Blow,' while everyone else had to wait. Though I think this function should be used with moderation and be designed as such. I don't know if anyone remembers the MOBA 'paragon,' but at the end of each match, you could rate players by different positive qualities, like team players and leadership or negative qualities like greifing and trolling. I think if there is a player report system, there might as well be a player rating system.

SegaSlash

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: February 18, 2020, 04:04:05 AM
The thing that works out for me is blocking the player/s from the PlayStation 4 blocking feature, it might work as well with the xbox one, but if they implement something like banning or blocking a player inside the game, there should be proof with pictures, video and a really good explanation.  Sometimes new players report experienced players, just because they lose a match and they are salty and mad, and that is something they gotta watch out and look forward to make things right.

lightoflife3

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: February 18, 2020, 06:40:09 AM
Well that would be much different from the play stations blocking feature, because, blocking players and reporting them are much different. When you block players, you hide their messages from your account, they can't friend you and I think other activities are also hidden; reporting players can be a longer process that can require evidence and results in different outcomes from denying interactions with other user accounts. If you report to the manager of a private server they may just get banned from that server, but if you report to the game company that a user is guilty of violating their terms of service, they could be banned from all game servers.