Author Topic: Is there an upcoming black MALE character?  (Read 12923 times)

immortanjoe

• View Profile
Is there an upcoming black MALE character?
on: August 05, 2019, 12:04:12 PM
I would like to have the option one day and think it would fit because of how diverse the game already is. The fact that Ayana is flourishing in the fandom keeps me hopeful  ;D

I searched threads to see if anyone started a similar one first so I wouldn't repeat, but did not find anything specifically related in my search. Has anyone said this already on the forums?

PS: I recently got back into Spacelords and love how much of what was discussed here made it into the game. Hats off to the people who contributed their opinions on this site!

MX_Just MX

• View Profile
Re: Is there an upcoming black MALE character?
Reply #1 on: August 05, 2019, 01:04:17 PM
Recently they added 3 female characters(valeria, aneska, sooma) so I can guess there's high chance for male character would come out next. And they didn't added black male characters so there's more higher chance?

Deh_Toni

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 07:09:45 PM
We all know who they need to call...  ;D

This aleph costs 49 cents!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 07:11:45 PM by Deh_Toni »

Audeoritas

• View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 01:09:11 AM
I would love to see a black guy join the roster. I think the diversity is a pretty strong point for Spacelords so an expansion of that would be great!

Alex2199

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 06, 2019, 02:34:17 AM
Now that I have polished up my first raider concept I am working on a Fifth Council raider who is black male. I doubt MSE will consider it sense I feel they haven't considered my last one

Audeoritas

• View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #5 on: August 06, 2019, 05:09:43 AM
Now that I have polished up my first raider concept I am working on a Fifth Council raider who is black male. I doubt MSE will consider it sense I feel they haven't considered my last one
Nice, love me some 5th Council. But yeah, I don't think MSE takes fan requests for character concepts. Besides there being legal issues with that, I think they've said before they have a pretty strict vision for the game.

Alex2199

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 06, 2019, 05:28:34 AM
I always tell MSE that they can take my ideas. I don't need acknowledgement or any sort of payment I just enjoy knowing my thoughts have been heard. Also as for the strict vision I feel they are loosing up a bit. They added Aneska after players demanded her. They had a different idea but the players wanted it so much that they added it

immortanjoe

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: August 07, 2019, 10:07:59 PM
I always tell MSE that they can take my ideas. I don't need acknowledgement or any sort of payment I just enjoy knowing my thoughts have been heard. Also as for the strict vision I feel they are loosing up a bit. They added Aneska after players demanded her. They had a different idea but the players wanted it so much that they added it

It's possible the last couple raiders released were already slated before your character concept. Perhaps they didn't want another female if they're drafting a male for production next. I like your raider, Kiera, though. Her play style reminds me of a character I really liked from a popular battle royale. She's also elegant looking and sounds fun to play.

Angeles2099

• PSN:Angeles2099 "Turn experience into Power"
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Reply #8 on: August 07, 2019, 10:25:52 PM
were you talking about Wraith from Apex?

Alex2199

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: August 07, 2019, 10:59:07 PM

It's possible the last couple raiders released were already slated before your character concept. Perhaps they didn't want another female if they're drafting a male for production next. I like your raider, Kiera, though. Her play style reminds me of a character I really liked from a popular battle royale. She's also elegant looking and sounds fun to play.

True but there is always hope. Thanks for liking my raider concept though <3

immortanjoe

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: August 09, 2019, 08:41:33 PM
were you talking about Wraith from Apex?

Spot on. I hinted because I thought it violate forum rules and posting guidelines, but i checked the rules after reading your question and didn't see anything that disallows mentioning other games or games' characters.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 08:44:18 PM by immortanjoe »

Xinderoth

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: September 03, 2019, 10:32:00 AM
Well, Diversity doesn't make a game or a story better or worse. That being said, Spacelords does a nice job of presenting its characters and their personalities.

Audeoritas

• View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #12 on: September 07, 2019, 02:41:00 AM
Well, Diversity doesn't make a game or a story better or worse. That being said, Spacelords does a nice job of presenting its characters and their personalities.
Hm, I gotta disagree with you there. I think adding different perspectives/insights that come from diversity into a story can make it better. But even if diversity doesn't inherently make a story better, I think its great to add a diverse roster into games so more people can relate to different aspects of different characters, ya know?

Xinderoth

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: September 09, 2019, 10:35:40 AM
You just said what I said, so I don't really know what you're trying to say.

I'll break my statement down a little more.

Games are good or bad based on their game-play.

Stories are good or bad based on their storytelling.

Mercury-Steam does a good job of developing the characters and their traits.

Adding diversity into a story or game for the sake of diversity instead of adding it where it makes sense ruins a story. Adding pointless diversity instead of logical, effective diversity may make the people who didn't write the story or create the game happy, but doesn't do anything for the game or story objectively.  (Except for having diverse things in a place where it doesn't make sense.)

If Mercury Steam adds in a male character of Darker Skin Color, I would like to see them to add him in a logical and well thought out way that makes sense and feels the same as all of the other characters, instead of looking at him and being like, well, here's the Black Dude.

Trickyha

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: December 12, 2019, 02:19:21 AM
I've been wondering why a cool ass game like this made by a Spanish company doesn't have a hispanic raider, Cortez is really a chauffeur & dancer right, y'know a character that you can play as, but the same thought came with wanting a black male raider too, then the PC brigade jumped allover me on the discords...