Author Topic: Bring back a dead post. Kiera!  (Read 3992 times)

Alex2199

• View Profile
Bring back a dead post. Kiera!
on: August 05, 2019, 12:57:26 AM
Forever ago I made a character concept for Spacelords. Her name was Kiera the Rift Walker. Her ability is able open up "Rifts" (Portals) that ALL raiders, including Kiera, can travel through. These "Rifts" have a wait period between uses, for example if say a Lycus travels through the "Rift" no other raider can enter until a few seconds. Perhaps 5 to 10 seconds. Also objective items such as the bombs on "Short-fused" or Schneider on "In Medias Res" cannot go through the "rifts" and the raiders must finish the object like normal.

Her weapons are all long range Hades Division prototype weapons due to her backstory, which I will be posting later along with more art work. Her base gun shoots a tracker onto the enemy then her secondary fire mode shoots the bullets that will curve cover and hit the enemy that is hit by the tracker. The second weapon sets out these wire traps that hooks the enemies and but deals no damage they will just slow the enemy making them an easier target while the base fire is the typical single fire long range rifle. Her rare weapon is a gun that can fire through structures such as walls, cover, etc., however, the damage is muffled dealing less damage if shot through the wall but can do headshot damage.

Sense she is a young local she is still childish. Acting similar to Iune or Schneider, however, still has a tactical mindset. Everything she says/do is planned out and there is always a method to her childish mind.

and that is Kiera...The mighty Rift Walker.

immortanjoe

• View Profile
Re: Bring back a dead post. Kiera!
Reply #1 on: August 07, 2019, 10:16:14 PM
It would be neat if she had a shotgun. That way she could ambush people either trying to enter or exit the portal without having to take as much time lining up a shot. Traps are a great idea.

StanLeeCubeBrick

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 08, 2019, 03:37:20 AM
I like it all except the curving bullets. That sounds like it would just be annoying af to play against.

Alex2199

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 08, 2019, 04:15:37 AM
It would be neat if she had a shotgun. That way she could ambush people either trying to enter or exit the portal without having to take as much time lining up a shot. Traps are a great idea.

I thought about giving her a shotgun but as a local raider I feel she would be too easy to kill if she had to get too close

immortanjoe

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 10, 2019, 08:36:18 AM

I thought about giving her a shotgun but as a local raider I feel she would be too easy to kill if she had to get too close

Ah, now that you mention it, her being a Local would definitely be a problem without proper resistances from leveling. What about a rapid fire pistol that works close to medium range? It could have curving bullets if the damage output wasn't super crazy. StanLeeCubeBrick showed understandable concern for it being a pain to play against, but maybe it could work if it was with a small caliber weapon, possibly with smaller magazines too.

Going long range only is no bother either. Like you said, it's part of her backstory. No matter how she gets her kills, Rift Walker sounds like a badass title.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 08:44:38 AM by immortanjoe »

Alex2199

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 10, 2019, 10:45:24 AM
The damage of her tracker gun is super weak. Think of small tick damage on one enemy. I never thought about making the gun a small fire arm though. Thanks for the input <3

Butterbuff

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 14, 2019, 06:04:13 AM
What’s the duration on the rift portals, if they’re permanent then that might cause problems in some of the missions you’ve already listed with a well placed rifts can cut game time in half. Example being the second half of Short Fuse would consist of a player (or players) easily going through the portal to the elites and collecting aleph and jumping back in to safety negating the distance it takes to run there, the non-elites that are usually a barrier between you and the elites, and the necessity of having teammates covering you (against said enemies) all in one go. These same problems can be repeated more or less in all other maps like in Beast’s lair your character would only really need the rifts to be placed next to the aleph machine and then the second island so you don’t ever need to cross the island you spawn on. Then once you get into the Marmelade boss fight the rift ability loses it’s usefulness. I never did like the concept of the “two way portals” that’s been used in to many games.
A unique idea would to have your allies be your rift, it starts with you holding the ability button to some screen like Iune, Rac, or Shae and it can only target your teammates (note: can work through walls), once you let go on a ally then your taken directly to your allie’s location kind of like when you looking at your friends when you’ve died and are waiting to respawn (note that your previous location will be marked so that when the ability ends you’ll be taken back to that point). Once you’re overwatching your friend you can then fire at enemies in a 360 degree manner with the visual look being rift like arms coming out of ally with your current weapon firing at them as if you’re playing but your ally has the movement controls. This ability has a cooldown system like harac’s stalking ability and that you CAN jump from person to person allowing you to support yourself and you teammates by being  eyes on the back of their head. Drawbacks include the inability to engage in CQC while overwatching and that if the teammate dies while your overwatching them then you’ll die as well.