Author Topic: the new update...  (Read 5587 times)

sonofoz

• View Profile
the new update...
on: August 03, 2019, 03:50:14 PM
sorry but the whole update is a mess imo...
i barely see how devs can come with so much bad idea at the same time...

- aleph drop
ok, i don't like it.
seems that mostly everyone doesn't like it neither.
but well, ok. we'll certainly get used to it, and maybe it has advantages we are not seeing right now...

- aleph elite.
same.
moreover it was cool to have our reward while killing elites.
they are stupidly dangerous. so you had to go for them even if they cheat like shits, but it was not useless.
now you just want to avoid them and put the more space beetwin their cheating AI and you.
but if you do this they will invade the map...
so you keep killing them and get nothing except boredom when they kill you with their magic fighting tricks...
but well, i guess we'll have to lose the habit of killing them in CC and just shot them with guns.

- shakura.
didn't tried the new one.
modification seemed useless to me.
shakura was not OP except in 1 or 2 missions for antags who 99% did not used her and in the end we just had to adapt.
so useless nerf imo.

- schneider.
i tried it.
and you certainly made him one of the worst and weakest character with this nerf. if it was your intention, welldone, goal achieved. you made a barely not used character pretty useless.
so the PV nerf was already a bad choice for ginebra (i do not argue about the other nerf for her, i think they are ok, but not the health...) but you did it again with schneider...
his weapons are really situationnal, (the turret did not pop automatically in the back of the ennemy at good range to take them down you know... you had to place it on an anchorage point and then aim for your target. all of this take time).
moreover a lot of his weapons have "short" range and curve trajectory.
so even if some are doing strong damages they still are situationnal and not easy to handle.
with this update, using the turret just make him totaly weak and mostly put him in danger.
use it when you are already hurt and the turret can put you at 1hp... well i guess we should be happy that using the turret does not instant kill us if we have less than 70hp...
so another useless nerf imo, who makes one of the less used character the worst of the pool.

- i forgot the reactive shield...
this is bullshit.
did you think boss didn't have enough health already that this kind of trick was necessary...?

but that's not all...
with prizes galore, lot of boring things seemed to have been corrected and improved. but all of them seems to have been reverse to their previous state.
maybe it was just a wrong feeling, but for example :

- i'm pretty sure, the top player at the end of mission, was not just the biggest grunts killer of the team anymore, but really one of the most usefull team members.
and it seems it has been reverse to the useless grunt killer again...

- mmr bugs (or mmr cheaters maybe) are worse than before...

- fighting bugs are back in force...
you can strike a foe, litteraly "glued" to him but the game says "missed"... and of course when the foe strike back as close as before to you, he does not miss.
there is also players or monsters who grabs you while you are punching their face, etc, etc.
to be short, all the bugs i have complained about before, who totally break the game but was far less present (especially after prize galore for me), who appeared again at the exact same time than the update (for me again).

so right now, my feeling is that this update is a complete failure.  :(

EDIT : oh and stop let us hear the grab's sound alert directed against others players who are at the other side of the map please...
just focus on making the sound alert present when an elite grab US (wich, depending on the mmr i guess, is not always present) and let us time to react (wich, one more time, is not always the case...)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 12:56:18 AM by sonofoz »

Dr.Kuzie

• View Profile
Re: the new update...
Reply #1 on: August 03, 2019, 05:12:37 PM
This is another example of the devs not testing the update before launching it. So many problems that you, the players, have to endure.

Sorry to hear this. The game was fun some time ago for a lot of us. Right now is just failure after failure.

sonofoz

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 03, 2019, 05:41:58 PM
oh ! and about the good things, well, the only good things i can think about are :

- the new adventue reward system.
that's cool.
350 seems always unreachable as before for me, but yet, now it can be worth trying =)

- the antags orders system.
cortez bros should obey to leaders command too.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 06:20:29 PM by sonofoz »

MeleeMaster

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 03, 2019, 06:51:38 PM
You nailed it with the aleph elites, they have really messed up AI where they'll dodge even if they're with their backs turned to you.

After I tried Schneider myself, I agree with you, aiming with his gun is hard and needs positioning, the nerf was uncalled for. I didn't even see people playing him that much before the nerf.

I'm playing since the launch of Prizes Galore and the game never rewarded players for being useful, only the players with more kills(grunts and antagonists), got the most bonus.

About the MMR "cheaters", those are just people playing by the game's rules, high MMR brings nothing good so people will keep lowering it.

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 23, 2019, 10:51:24 AM
Hi everyone,

Thank you for your feedback and suggestions about the update, we are already working on different things while doing some adjustements for weapons like the Shakura, arriving in the next update.

Regarding Schneider's dron, the reason for the change was inspired on the Glass Cannon: the dron makes more damage but Schneider is slightly more fragile in order to balance things.

I hope this provides some clarity. Thank you!

Deadlyweiss

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 23, 2019, 03:32:43 PM
Regarding Schneider's dron, the reason for the change was inspired on the Glass Cannon: the dron makes more damage but Schneider is slightly more fragile in order to balance things.

On the topic of Schneider, any chance you'll consider removing the screen effect that appears when he deploys the drone (currently the same one as losing health)?

We already have three different cues that let us know the drone is deployed (sound, the 3d model and his decreased health) and the effect is not only visually annoying, but it creates a feeling of negative feedback (again, because it's the same that appears when losing health by other sources) and blocks vision at a crucial moment. It feels contradictory to his new approach of relocating the drone constantly.

J33P3R5 CR33P3R

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 24, 2019, 05:37:01 AM
And maybe make it function like Ginebra’s ability where using it makes your MAX health 70, not just slash 70 off of whatever health you do have (Using Ginny’s ability at 70 hp stays at 70, using Schneider’s ability at 70 drops him to 1 hp)

Dr.Kuzie

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: August 24, 2019, 10:12:36 AM
Hi everyone,

What the f-... Aliens are the Glass Cannon in this game, they have the headshot. They have gimmicks to master so they can be really effective. Scheneider only was good at bosses and cleaning areas, and he wasn't the best (Kuzzman or Valeria are much better at this).

This is just a random change that doesn't answer any call. Is not for the players, is just you "balancing" something that was ok, because Scheneider has been like that 1 year at least and no one said anything about the hacker being a bucket of HP.

The Glass Cannon is just a lame excuse. Aliens are Glass Cannons that have their life at 60 but they can refill it with their gimmick. The hacker loses half of his life and you promote with him a slow and boring mechanic (because right now 70 HP is just a f***ing joke and you will be always in the floor) in a very fast game.

And don't make me start about how this thing is supposed to be lore friendly. Aneska summons her mecha and doesn't lose life. Hades is about those 140 points because they don't have another thing going for them (no regeneration, no bullet proof, no aleph control).

Every raider in this game has a bloody skill that doesn't make him pay life (being the exception Loath, bus yeah, his skill needs that because reasons). In Scheneider this is more important because IS THE ONLY WAY HE CAN DO GUN DAMAGE. YOU ALREADY GAVE HIM A CONS WITH THAT DECISION AND EVERYONE AGREED. And if someone destroys the drone you are at disadvantage a good chunk of time. Make the dron weaker if you want to nerf Scheneider, but stop making him static.

If you want to balance mechanics further use the card system, ffs, you put it in the game for something.

ScimitarSlice

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: August 24, 2019, 12:55:34 PM
@kuzie

it's just more paywall, same with boss shields.  Schnieder was already a glass cannon.  kill his drone and he's got nothing.  could have given the drone fuel/batteries like the mech too.  70 is dumb.  put him in second string bench with lycus and Iune.

SergeyKosinskiy

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: August 24, 2019, 02:40:49 PM
paywall?

L E T H A L ☆ C E N T A U R I

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: August 24, 2019, 06:25:25 PM
Make the drone weaker if you want to nerf Scheneider, but stop making him static.
THIS. You guys nerfed the wrong area. He is OP in damage to make up for the fact that he is very easy to beat in any fight. It's the reason I mained him for so long. He was an odd challenge to play vs an antag and on maps people told me never to play him on ::). A lot of people never really played him in the first place. Now if he remains like this they really won't.

Alex2199

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: August 24, 2019, 07:55:21 PM
In the stream were they addressed this they said they made Schneider weaker and lowered his health so in future updates they can increase his drone both in damage and health I imagine to make him a sort of glass cannon (or more of one sense I kinda already saw him as that). However, I never really played with him. Not because I saw him as boring or weak I just never felt confident with him. I tried him out after the update and I just don't like him now. Before I could understand his usefulness but now he is just terrible. You are basically forced to use him as a sort of gimmick sniper and it just doesn't work. I feel Schneider is in the same group with Ginebra now were they over nerfed. Yes they can still be useful in a mission but now there are raiders that can do their job and more.   

L E T H A L ☆ C E N T A U R I

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: August 25, 2019, 03:56:56 AM
In the stream were they addressed this they said they made Schneider weaker and lowered his health so in future updates they can increase his drone both in damage and health I imagine to make him a sort of glass cannon (or more of one sense I kinda already saw him as that). However, I never really played with him. Not because I saw him as boring or weak I just never felt confident with him. I tried him out after the update and I just don't like him now. Before I could understand his usefulness but now he is just terrible. You are basically forced to use him as a sort of gimmick sniper and it just doesn't work. I feel Schneider is in the same group with Ginebra now were they over nerfed. Yes they can still be useful in a mission but now there are raiders that can do their job and more.
Yes. It seems like we're gonna have to wait for their future updates to him and see where it takes him as a hopefully, once-again useful tool.