Author Topic: MoP / current state feedback  (Read 2195 times)

SniffaXxX

• View Profile
MoP / current state feedback
on: August 02, 2019, 04:19:46 PM
Hey there! Just wanted to drop by and give my 2 Cents on a few things.

First off, the eclipse seasonal event is awesome. Really cool to see the red hue on some missions. And getting free cosmetics for monthly score is really cool. I can’t wait to see what the next event will be like. Im hanging on to my MP in hopes of event item flash offer ;)

I see a lot of people having a hard time getting blueprints in the game’s current state. I realize heavymetal is coming soon, but in the meantime I think if you brought back hourly refresh on the rewards it would help alleviate some player’s dismay.

When it comes to natural aleph deposits, I don’t mind the system, but I believe spawn rates may need to be tweaked per mission. For example I played a match on white noise yesterday. The first phase took a little longer than it used to, which is fine. But the second phase is when it got a little too hectic. The aleph spawns in the map require precision platforming jumps, that are really hard to do in the thick of the battle. And the spawn rates felt too slow that when the aleph appeared we had to ignore all the enemies and antagonist and make a mad dash for it, which ultimately led to our loss. I believe the spawn rates for aleph on that map need to be more frequent.

For the Schneider rework, I haven’t personally played with it yet. But on paper, it might be a good idea to give his pea shooter gun a little bit more power while the drone is not deployed.

Reactive shields on bosses. It’d be nice to have a visual representation on the boss’s health bar of how much reactive shield is on the boss. Like a blue bar that goes over the original bar.

Also, I’d really love to see Talent points as a monthly milestone reward. They’re typically harder to get than gold.

Last thing. It feels like mission difficulty is being over compensated while there is an antagonist again. It was good for a while, but I’ve had some insanely high differences lately. Maybe if you could program in a minimum difficulty and maximum difficulty when an antagonist is present to keep the game from balancing too far one way or another. Maybe between 35-70% or so.

Anyways thanks for reading and thanks for the hard work!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 04:27:33 PM by SniffaXxX »

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Re: MoP / current state feedback
Reply #1 on: August 09, 2019, 05:02:57 PM
Hi SniffaXxX!

Thank you very much for taking the time to write down your concerns about the most recent changes. We are now reworking both the Forge and the Blueprint system, so these changes should alleviate some of the issues you point out.

As for the suggestions, we really appreciate your help and we'll continue working to offer the best possible experience ;)

Thank you very much for your support!

SniffaXxX

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 09, 2019, 06:53:46 PM
Hey! Thanks for taking the time to read and respond. After spending a little bit more time with the update I have something I’d like to add.

The Antsgonist coms are very cool and helpful! Even when playing against a raider group with low difficulty, just being able to throw three guys into someone’s face can really help out.

Although in extreme cases of low difficulty, you end up rarely having any grunts to command.
I don’t know how feesible it would be for you guys to implement this, but I would be cool to see a spawn timer for your goons to command :D

sonofoz

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 09, 2019, 07:05:33 PM
The Antsgonist coms are very cool and helpful! Even when playing against a raider group with low difficulty, just being able to throw three guys into someone’s face can really help out.

god, these focusing grunts are such a nightmare...