Author Topic: ennemy within.  (Read 3506 times)

sonofoz

• View Profile
ennemy within.
on: July 27, 2019, 12:16:35 AM
you do realise that since the last update the green things are running quicker than raiders, have a dash but can be still pretty hard to kill, and still OS anyone who get in a certain range ?

cause if you understand all that you should immediatly understand the problem at "the green things are running quicker than raiders"

Tekato

• View Profile
Re: ennemy within.
Reply #1 on: July 27, 2019, 01:00:10 AM
Last time I asked about this I was basically told to git gud and shoot them from higher ground. Good luck.

sonofoz

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 27, 2019, 01:10:35 AM
yes before the update.

when they didn't know how to climb, had to be on the same level to eat you and had normal speed.

but not anymore, moreover they reproduce quicker than we can kill them.

i just made a game in this lvl against a baby antag.
the poor lad was nearly permdead, maybe killed us thrre times in all the game, but we lost all our 40 lives once the green things appeared...
couldnt hide, couldn't run, couldn't kill them enough to decrease their number...
it was stupid, when we were trying to strike black slugs to hide, we were instant eaten when we emerged from them...

MeleeMaster

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 27, 2019, 04:51:26 AM
Check the difficulty, if the guy was a baby antag chances are that his low MMR increased the game's difficulty. I played a game today where I outrunned 2 or 3 green dogs who were chasing me, so they must have gained a boost on your game due to the scaling.

Lehi

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 27, 2019, 06:51:50 AM
The green things have been slightly faster than raiders, at least to me.

sonofoz

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 27, 2019, 02:04:48 PM
@ melee master

unfortunatly this kind of difficulty happens against all kind of antags lvl, sometimes it's against a  baby antag, sometimes it's a *1* it happens against 3 antag yesterday and two was *1*.

and each time the problem was *not* the antag, one of the *1 made some kills and was dangerous but they were owned almost full time, even this one, but the game just didn't let us played.

but anyway to come back to green things, they have to make them like before the update.
you can't fight an ennemy you can't run from, and who's reproducing faster than you can kill them.

so ok, i was with shae, not the best character to decrease their number quickly, but it seems the others was not able to do it neither.
and they seemed decent players.

but you're right.
problem here is more global than only green things.
i'll gonna do a thread about scaling problems.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 28, 2019, 08:39:58 PM
Check the mission MMR (average player MMR) next time. I have seen no issues from this at lower MMRs. The Uras dogs are normal speed and die fairly easily. I can tell you they get faster as the MMR goes up and they have more health to. Has to be an MMR related issues.

Dr.Kuzie

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 28, 2019, 08:50:57 PM
I'm curious about this one when the Aleph thing gets online. We will need to wait for Aleph to spawn or still fight the copies for 1 of Aleph?

In topic: Uras dogs are always faster because they want you yo jump all over the place. Problem is when they reproduce themselves like a plague.

sonofoz

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: July 28, 2019, 08:57:08 PM
I have seen no issues from this at lower MMRs.
good for you, because i have.  :)

and even if you define lower mmr the result wont change
since if i understand how it works, when i play with low rank there is few chances that their mmr is higher than mine and even if one has, few chance that the average of our mmr make the mission this difficult...  :)

if i understand how it works of course.
but i'm no dev, so i have no mmr secret.

and yes that's what i'm saying a lot, there is mmr issues and generally difficulty scaling issues

@ kuzie
Uras dogs are always faster because they want you yo jump all over the place.
no, that's the point, they are not always. as you say, usually you jump somewhere, kill them the time they arrive and your good.
but when they are in this state, you can't do shit.
otherwise i wouldn't have made this topic.

Dr.Kuzie

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: July 28, 2019, 09:09:05 PM
Dunno man. MSE usually makes ninja patches without telling anything. Maybe they changed the Uras dogs system. Only developers know.

sonofoz

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: July 28, 2019, 09:33:13 PM
Dunno man. MSE usually makes ninja patches without telling anything. Maybe they changed the Uras dogs system. Only developers know.

XD
well maybe you have higher mmr than me too, so at your mmr they are running a little faster than raiders ?
but here they where really faster. and numerous. and hungry. and unavoidable -_-