Author Topic: Card system needs to be changed  (Read 2573 times)

Alex2199

• View Profile
Card system needs to be changed
on: July 26, 2019, 03:02:47 AM
So I don't know if I am the only one or not but the card system is a little...annoying to deal with. Even more so with the change of faction points into talent points. I do enjoy talent points because now I don't feel so restricted whenever it comes to playing the game. However, there are a ton of cards I have been trying to get. For example: Ginebra's card "Thrusters". I haven't even gotten the common version. Sense there are SO many cards with the so many characters it is difficult to actually get desired cards. I find myself getting the same exact cards way too often as well.

I think a good way to change the card system is making the cards purchasable like the guns in the games. Say rare blueprints are a 80k talent points while the commons are like 12k. The numbers of course not set in stone MSE can change them to whatever they want, the point is rares cost more than the commons. I don't believe this would break the game because it gives more wiggle room with experimenting and it will make getting cards less of an annoying chore.

Marcus4471

• View Profile
Re: Card system needs to be changed
Reply #1 on: July 26, 2019, 03:25:15 AM
I gave up with Doldren. I spent over 300k on faction points, rerolling to get ANY CQC card. I literally got the same cards again and again. Never got a CQC card - 60 rerolls and nothing on 4 cards.

MSE_Ojuel

• MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 26, 2019, 10:39:07 AM
So I don't know if I am the only one or not but the card system is a little...annoying to deal with. Even more so with the change of faction points into talent points. I do enjoy talent points because now I don't feel so restricted whenever it comes to playing the game. However, there are a ton of cards I have been trying to get. For example: Ginebra's card "Thrusters". I haven't even gotten the common version. Sense there are SO many cards with the so many characters it is difficult to actually get desired cards. I find myself getting the same exact cards way too often as well.

I think a good way to change the card system is making the cards purchasable like the guns in the games. Say rare blueprints are a 80k talent points while the commons are like 12k. The numbers of course not set in stone MSE can change them to whatever they want, the point is rares cost more than the commons. I don't believe this would break the game because it gives more wiggle room with experimenting and it will make getting cards less of an annoying chore.

Hey there! :)

We've been implementing a rework of the card adquisition system, since people in the community have been asking for it for a while now. We remained mysteriously silent because its release date its yet to be confirmed, but we're trying for it to be included in the upcoming Heavy Metal update:

We'll get more into detail as we get closer to release day.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 10:44:09 AM by MSE_Ojuel »

Tekato

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 26, 2019, 12:44:08 PM

Hey there! :)

We've been implementing a rework of the card adquisition system, since people in the community have been asking for it for a while now. We remained mysteriously silent because its release date its yet to be confirmed, but we're trying for it to be included in the upcoming Heavy Metal update:

We'll get more into detail as we get closer to release day.
Don't do that. Don't give me hope.

Alex2199

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 26, 2019, 08:02:03 PM
Thank you Ojuel for the info <3 You are amazing

Cyber_hunter026

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 27, 2019, 12:08:31 AM
I'm perfectly fine with the card system.  i do like their attributes and what they bring to certain characters. for example, i got maelstrom and redemption for sooma. after i get a kill,  it doubles her shot damage by 25% and  on hanging by a thread. I eat through group's of wardogs that dare to come after me.