Author Topic: antag desertion  (Read 8062 times)

sonofoz

• View Profile
antag desertion
on: June 25, 2019, 02:09:28 PM
why penalise antags when they leave ?
is a raider ever bothered by a surrendered antagonist ?

Angeles2099

• PSN:Angeles2099 "Turn experience into Power"
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Re: antag desertion
Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 05:21:49 PM
thats a good point, Antags should have there own option to surrender. Its only fair. Except leaving in this fashion shouldnt end there mission right away as it normally would. (I think thats a good idea??)

Alex2199

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 27, 2019, 02:16:17 PM
I agree 100% to this although I find that most of the antagonist I play against who leaves is because they are a low tier and just rage quit because a bunch of tier ones are constantly killing them. I rarely see high tiers leaving the matchs

Daimien06660

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 11, 2019, 03:23:54 AM
I'm having the opposite problem all the antags I get are FAR above my level and just crub-stomp my team to the point that I get whle teams that as soon as they see that the antag has a purple symbol next to their name they just quit.

Marcus4471

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 16, 2019, 03:35:01 PM
It's understandable why raiders and Antags quit. My team just survived a T1, R1 Doldren and it was a relatively low ranked team on a mission where the environment greatly benefited him/her. The minute I saw him, I proposed a quick surrender and ironically it was the two low ranks who decided to play. Myself and my team mate, also a T1 player were both going for rare BP's. We JUST scraped through, with myself managing to dish out the damage to the boss, while trying to avoid the Antag. Had the Antag just targeted me he probably would have won as I was knocking about 45% off the boss health bar every shot. It's not fun when a BP is on the line. Thank goodness we made it. Would have been even worse had been a last chance pot play.

But yes, stupid punishing players who quit because the enemy is way too strong for them. Put it this way, I played a mission, as an Antag Shae and hit all 4 players with a burst from Sa'Dhu. They all hit wounded state, one shot by enemy grunts, one killed by an elite heavy who took the aleph and used a super boost, chasing the remainind raider, whom he caught after I wounded him again, with a couple of well placed shots. Two players quit there and then.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 03:44:22 PM by Marcus4471 »

sonofoz

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 24, 2019, 03:00:46 PM
sorry, but i think you absolutly did not understood what i said.
i'm talking about punishing THE ANTAG when he quits makes no sense.

an antag plays alone. when he quits he bring harm to no-one except himself.
so punishing him is irrelevant.

when a raider quits he penalizes is team mates, he has to be punished.
and by the way, it was a good thing the low ranks had more guts than you have, so they made you have your blueprint.
so sad to play with low ranks hm ?

Cyber_hunter026

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 24, 2019, 03:33:43 PM
Yup, sorry but antagonists need some form of punishment. they already have too many benefits, infinite lives,  enemy AI,  and now with a upcoming update that allows them to give orders to enemies. people who say there shouldnt is obviously those who love the overwhelming options an antagonist has. which i see as too many lol. 

sonofoz

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 24, 2019, 03:40:40 PM
what are you talking about...?
do you understand that when an antag leaves the field he makes you a favor, since your game is AUTOMATICALLY won...?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 03:42:12 PM by sonofoz »

Cyber_hunter026

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: July 24, 2019, 06:18:11 PM
Not gonna bother wasting my time to explain  anything to you. Seeing as you seem hard pressed that antagonists are limited in options lol
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 06:22:05 PM by Cyber_hunter026 »

Marcus4471

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: July 24, 2019, 06:33:08 PM
Not gonna bother wasting my time to explain  anything to you. Seeing as you seem hard pressed that antagonists are limited in options lol
I've put him on ignore. I instantly skip past the crap he constantly states. Guaranteed, he'll reply to this. It's an obsession.

SergeyKosinskiy

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: July 24, 2019, 06:37:38 PM
So you dont know what to say, but have a burning desire to type anything?
Antags do have limited options. They cant pick any raider for any mission with any weapon and do good there. Or what you want to show me video or screenshots where you win vs similar lvl/mmr to raiders with something like noverra, shit happens, barrier, aura, wasp?
You gave two reasoning, infinite lives and enemy AI. Commands to AI thats coming in new update? well we will see how it will help antags.
Both points about infinite lives and enemy AI can be argued about. They do have infinite lives. But while they dead they waste time waiting for respawn, the time that raider should use to progress mission. AI? Well it always get an HP nerf. No matter what difference, so you can kill them easier. And for any antag that playing past 50-55 mmr ai do nothing. If it ever spawn, because of MMR difference it have such a low pool of HP it got killed in no time. And because of that we go to my first point. Antags have limited options. They cant pick any raider or gun combo and go into match with a hope of winning.

sonofoz

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: July 24, 2019, 06:50:15 PM
oh damn, another 10yo user... cyberhunter, i am the one wasting my time explaining things to you here...

we are not talking about antag strenght or options on this topic... they won't be less or more strong cause they're banned 5mn for letting you win...

so i understand you are frustrated cause you are unbable to defend yourself against antag and so you want them to perish in flames of hell no matter what...

ok. but if you'd knew the game, you'd know that when an antag quit the game, mission's raider is considered won.

so yes, you're right, punish them for letting you win matches you certainly had lost or quitted while whining if they had stay.
that's really clever. well, for a 10yo... maybe...

so, point is, and it will be hard to understand when so frustrated, so focus the two of you :
when a raider quits a match he penalizes his team mates -> punishement deserved
when an antag quit a match, he penalizes only himself and brings joy to raider -> punishement useless.
since these kind of punishments were established in games to prevent people from penalizing their team by leaving for nothing, as marcus does.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 07:07:51 PM by sonofoz »

Cyber_hunter026

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: July 24, 2019, 07:29:14 PM
Love the amount of salt you emit, it's pretty funny that all can you do is assume I'm a 10 year old? Lol try again buddy i really don't care what you call me but if you think it makes you look or sound intelligent it more or less makes you seem immature and quite frankly sad.  i have no problem with the antagonist system, i have stated this numerous times, what i suggest is something to balance both raiders and antagonists alike.  from the options I've seen, an antagonist has way more going than a raider. for starters the infinite lives, i can see why  many antagonists kill themselves over and over again with an objective object in their hand. there is no consequences for this so they do it knowing deep down they'll keep spawning infinitely so they do it. a team of raiders don't have that luxury, instead they have to be careful. pit a team of rank 6 or 5 or 4 raiders against a purple tier level player and we know who will win that scenario.  i myself is a purple 5 tier raider, but don't go around blindly into firefights especially with an antagonist. sorry to hate on your precious antagonists but the way i see it both sides should be balanced. not one over the other as it seems.

Marcus4471

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: July 24, 2019, 07:42:56 PM
Love the amount of salt you emit, it's pretty funny that all can you do is assume I'm a 10 year old? Lol try again buddy i really don't care what you call me but if you think it makes you look or sound intelligent it more or less makes you seem immature and quite frankly sad.  i have no problem with the antagonist system, i have stated this numerous times, what i suggest is something to balance both raiders and antagonists alike.  from the options I've seen, an antagonist has way more going than a raider. for starters the infinite lives, i can see why  many antagonists kill themselves over and over again with an objective object in their hand. there is no consequences for this so they do it knowing deep down they'll keep spawning infinitely so they do it. a team of raiders don't have that luxury, instead they have to be careful. pit a team of rank 6 or 5 or 4 raiders against a purple tier level player and we know who will win that scenario.  i myself is a purple 5 tier raider, but don't go around blindly into firefights especially with an antagonist. sorry to hate on your precious antagonists but the way i see it both sides should be balanced. not one over the other as it seems.

Look, sonofoz & SergeyKosinskiy are both forum trolls who deliberately antagonise (pun intended) people. I can't believe they haven't been warned. Anyway, just ignore them. I no longer read and therefore don't reply to anything they have to state. They want you to get frustrated so that you'll get angry and get banned.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 08:16:47 PM by Marcus4471 »

Cyber_hunter026

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: July 24, 2019, 07:49:22 PM
Yeah I'm not going to bother,  lol I've already explained so no need to get into some forum war.