Author Topic: HIVE  (Read 9201 times)

sonofoz

• View Profile
HIVE
on: June 20, 2019, 09:26:58 AM
hello.
makes 2 or 3 times i fight a strange hive.
each time i hurt her, it puts me on my knees, nearly dead... =s

is it the effect of Spores' card ? oO
cause that's the only one i found who could have some kind of effect.
and if it is, it's bloody strong.

Guilla

• View Profile
Re: HIVE
Reply #1 on: June 20, 2019, 02:53:15 PM
Do you know what weapon she was using?

I would guess she is using the weapon Plague. She can drop an impregnating cloud even when in close combat. So yes if you get close to her, you die. Its very frustrating.

Alex2199

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 20, 2019, 07:58:03 PM
Do you know what weapon she was using?

I would guess she is using the weapon Plague. She can drop an impregnating cloud even when in close combat. So yes if you get close to her, you die. Its very frustrating.

Plague is her most used gun now so this makes sense. Its overpowered in my eyes but no one else seems to complain about it because everyone is too busy whining about how Valeria's Shakura is overpowered which honestly I don't see it as overpowered but that has to do with a whole other debate that this question has nothing to do with

sonofoz

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 20, 2019, 10:07:09 PM
yeah, first time i encoured the case i tought it was plague.
but this time she was using Wasp, so... =s

and i was with doldren, so she would had very small time to react before i strike. not impossible, but it happen each fkg time even when it was clear she was caught by surprise.
that's why i thought it was a passive card effect.

Lehi

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 20, 2019, 10:20:22 PM
Hive has obvious weak point: she cannot give meaningful damage if she cannot get close to you. So, shoot her in distance, in group, and run away from her.

I rather consider Hans is overpowered.

Alex2199

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 20, 2019, 10:23:08 PM
Hive has obvious weak point: she cannot give meaningful damage if she cannot get close to you. So, shoot her in distance, in group, and run away from her.

I rather consider Hans is overpowered.

This is good advice although some raiders have a challenge hitting her from a distance. I really don't see any raider as overpowered because they all have their own counters which is my biggest complaint about PvP but that's a different topic

sonofoz

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 20, 2019, 10:30:28 PM
well i was antag doldren, so, had not so much choice to fight her. =)
except by avoiding her.

but i'd just like to understand what gives her this effect =)

Alex2199

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: June 20, 2019, 10:34:33 PM
well i was antag doldren, so, had not so much choice to fight her. =)
except by avoiding her.

but i'd just like to understand what gives her this effect =)

As an antag Doldren I usually try to save the person who is giving me the most problems last. But anyway as a local the Spores card can down/kill you if you attempt cqc with a spore Hive.

Lehi

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: June 20, 2019, 10:41:18 PM
What counter can you think for Hans? He is one of my nemesis, so I just simply want to learn how.

Based on the card's explanation, Spore takes effect when you bring her down. Because there is slight lag in pvp, you might have seen you are down instantly. Gotta shoot her in the head.

Urgehal

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: June 21, 2019, 09:03:31 AM
What counter can you think for Hans? He is one of my nemesis
Same. I'm not afraid and have no trouble with any other characters, but Hans antags (especially when playing as Alien faction). Even a newbie who has some idea of how the game works, gives me pause. Only thing I got is always try to have the higher ground against him obviously and attack when he reloads. Knowing the height when fighting him should be a constant, especially when you're in line with him for a grab kill or you're in stealth and he happens to fly by you.

Guilla

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: June 21, 2019, 05:11:44 PM
Our Hive discussion is getting a bit derailed by Hans :)

When I antag as Hans, the characters that give me the most trouble have been Shae (when she can get a spot far away from my spawn), and any characters with range that can withstand burst dammage like Konstantine, Genebra, and even Mika with Hard.

When I know there is going to be a Hive, I almost always play Hans, Doldren or Harec. I never get close to her. Doldren I use Shiver and debuff her before I appear as far away as I can and go for the head. To be honest that's kind of how I deal with any good player as Doldren.

sonofoz

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: June 22, 2019, 02:22:47 AM
i'm not rank *1 and when i antag i'm nearly always against rank *1 (or at least far better rank than me. and too often with an absurd ping... but that's an another story)

so i can't even dream of OS them in the head with doldren ^^
depending on ths mmr, i can't even kill regular mobs with a full load in the head, so...

but thx for the advice, it may be helpfull someday =)

LüB

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: June 23, 2019, 12:04:03 PM
This is good advice although some raiders have a challenge hitting her from a distance. I really don't see any raider as overpowered because they all have their own counters which is my biggest complaint about PvP but that's a different topic
[/quote]
a lot of characters have no real counters, like mine squatting ayana or orbhugging valeria.

Guilla

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: June 24, 2019, 02:40:01 PM
so i can't even dream of OS them in the head with doldren ^^
depending on ths mmr, i can't even kill regular mobs with a full load in the head, so...
The head shot damage with the KLT should be able to one shot wardogs even at low forge builds. A lot of it is practice. I use Mystical Concentration sometimes too to help on the damage though it's hard to give up cards like Patient.

Goodluck with Doldren, he's a lot of fun. Hive seems to be able to frustrate anyone, especially with Plague.  As a Raider when there is a Plague fighting us, I usually just stalk her and when she gets in a fight with another raider I grapple.  Just make sure if she's on to your body you need to relocate.

Urgehal

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: June 24, 2019, 07:02:47 PM
Going off the rails from the topic I know...but Hans and Alicia (more so the former) are I think some of the best/strongest characters IMO. Super easy to use, simple & very useful character ability, has some GREAT character cards, and isn't hampered by the slow walk speed of the 5th council or low HP of the aliens. Only thing is, Alicia has the worst default weapon in the game  :(

Depending on what stage the antag is (cause certain levels give certain antag characters a good advantage), they have no hard counters IMO, though a Godly Harec can give anyone trouble...